• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

jfish1971

Yes you can but like the guide says make sure you backup the eeprom. You'll need a backup of the eeprom to restore it.

one query on this

i have 2 sony ms pro duo - one is a normal and the other one is to be the magic mem card

once i create a backup of the battery epprom

how do i restore battery back to original

where does the backup eeprom.bin go on the normal mem stick or the magic stick also if i start up the psp with the pandora battery i wont get the normal xmb so how can one restore battery back to normal.

thanks for help.

Acerthief

one query on this

i have 2 sony ms pro duo - one is a normal and the other one is to be the magic mem card

once i create a backup of the battery epprom

how do i restore battery back to original

where does the backup eeprom.bin go on the normal mem stick or the magic stick also if i start up the psp with the pandora battery i wont get the normal xmb so how can one restore battery back to normal.

thanks for help.

converting battery into a pandora and back to normal uses the same program/homebrew.
Just leave the eeprom.bin on the memory stick that you backed up with.

one question that really bothers me. . .

if the PSP is 1.5 not OE or M33
this tutorial wont work right??

Yup. but if you have 1.5, just upgrade to 3.52M33 directly. :D

d7thsign

converting battery into a pandora and back to normal uses the same program/homebrew.
Just leave the eeprom.bin on the memory stick that you backed up with.

Yup. but if you have 1.5, just upgrade to 3.52M33 directly. :D

i like this battery thing so what i do i just uprade to 3.x OE then use this tutorial hehehe

Acerthief

i like this battery thing so what i do i just uprade to 3.x OE then use this tutorial hehehe

Sure lol.
I'd recommend using an extra set of memory stick and battery for this Universal Unbricker. So if you got any problems, you always can save your PSP!

Berkjan

I have 3.30 Official Firmware

Hi, i kinda got confused, i been searching the site but i couldnt find how to downgrade my psp. i have psp 1001 TA-082 Motherboard and Official sony firmware 3.30, so this Pandora Battery will help me to downgrade and load custom firmware's, like i want to install 3.71 m33 and 1.50 kernel but im scared to brick my psp ... plz help me im noob about this psp...

Acerthief

Hi, i kinda got confused, i been searching the site but i couldnt find how to downgrade my psp. i have psp 1001 TA-082 Motherboard and Official sony firmware 3.30, so this Pandora Battery will help me to downgrade and load custom firmware's, like i want to install 3.71 m33 and 1.50 kernel but im scared to brick my psp ... plz help me im noob about this psp...

The funny thing is, this tutorial makes a set of things that "Unbricks" a PSP. ;)

Do you have a copy of lumines? If so, upgrade to 3.50 then I'd recommend using the 3.50 Downgrade Guide to 1.5,
upgrade to 3.52M33, update to 3.52M33-4,
Then last upgrade to 3.71M33, along with the 1.5kernel and Update4 Patch.

As long as you follow the guides, it's almost impossible to brick.

Because if you are going to use this guide (the universal unbricker), it needs a custom firmware PSP to install things into your memory stick.

Berkjan

The funny thing is, this tutorial makes a set of things that "Unbricks" a PSP. ;)

Do you have a copy of lumines? If so, upgrade to 3.50 then I'd recommend using the 3.50 Downgrade Guide to 1.5,
upgrade to 3.52M33, update to 3.52M33-4,
Then last upgrade to 3.71M33, along with the 1.5kernel and Update4 Patch.

As long as you follow the guides, it's almost impossible to brick.

Because if you are going to use this guide (the universal unbricker), it needs a custom firmware PSP to install things into your memory stick.

well i dont have that lumines, so is there other way to do or its only way to do????

MenaceInc

Staff Member
well i dont have that lumines, so is there other way to do or its only way to do????

unfortunately,no,lumines is the only way to go with your psp. you could ask a friend who has custom firmware to make a pandora's battery and memory stick or you could buy a copy of lumines. should be able to get it really cheap 2nd hand. :)

Berkjan

unfortunately,no,lumines is the only way to go with your psp. you could ask a friend who has custom firmware to make a pandora's battery and memory stick or you could buy a copy of lumines. should be able to get it really cheap 2nd hand. :)

so i do have friend that he has 3.71 m33 so should i make a pandora's battery and magic merory stick on his psp and then put on my psp???? and will automaticly boot from the memory stick???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so i do have friend that he has 3.71 m33 so should i make a pandora's battery and magic merory stick on his psp and then put on my psp???? and will automaticly boot from the memory stick???

yes, that'll work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Installation: Converting a Battery to Pandora
do you have to take apart the battery like the other guides http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=81424 and remove the leg of a chip?
or can i just follow exactly everything exactly on the page?
i got a slim psp with sonys 3.80

For this guide, no. But if you read the requirements, it says you must have a PSP running custom firmware to convert the PSP.

Since you're running official firmware, the only way would be to do the hardware mod like you linked to above or buy an already battery.

ok tnx, ill try tomorrow and let you guys know... also its possible to bring my battery back to normal right????

Yes you can convert the battery back to normal.

Berkjan

For this guide, no. But if you read the requirements, it says you must have a PSP running custom firmware to convert the PSP.

Since you're running official firmware, the only way would be to do the hardware mod like you linked to above or buy an already battery.

Yes you can convert the battery back to normal.

OK i didnt get it now ok i used my friends 3.71 m33 custome firmware psp to create magic merory stick and pandora's battery... and yeah it did work on my psp i followed the every step on the guide, but when i started to install 3.71m33 so many things started to say ....ok ....ok ETC,,, AT THE END WHEN THE LED OF MERORY STICK STOPED IT SAYS PRESS X TO SHUTDOWN PSP I DID PRESS IT THEN I PUT ANOTHER NON PANDORA BATTER ..... it will start to load but after saying sony logo it freezes and that's it... after like less than 1 minute its turn's of itself... PLZ help me what Shoul i DO???

Aaerox

This is a great guide, however this doesn't work with Dark-Alex's recently released 3.80 M33. I tested this before with 3.71 M33-4 and it worked perfectly...

When I get to this step:
3. Navigate to the Game menu on PSP and execute "Pandora Battery Tool 0.2"

I get an error saying it can't load the batser.prx...

Has anyone else tested this with 3.80M33-2?

Thanks in advance!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This is a great guide, however this doesn't work with Dark-Alex's recently released 3.80 M33. I tested this before with 3.71 M33-4 and it worked perfectly...

When I get to this step:
3. Navigate to the Game menu on PSP and execute "Pandora Battery Tool 0.2"

I get an error saying it can't load the batser.prx...

Has anyone else tested this with 3.80M33-2?

Thanks in advance!

Indeed, it doesn't work with 3.80 M33-2 yet. However, Dark_AleX plans to release a new version of the unbricker with 3.80 M33-2 support soon.

OK i didnt get it now ok i used my friends 3.71 m33 custome firmware psp to create magic merory stick and pandora's battery... and yeah it did work on my psp i followed the every step on the guide, but when i started to install 3.71m33 so many things started to say ....ok ....ok ETC,,, AT THE END WHEN THE LED OF MERORY STICK STOPED IT SAYS PRESS X TO SHUTDOWN PSP I DID PRESS IT THEN I PUT ANOTHER NON PANDORA BATTER ..... it will start to load but after saying sony logo it freezes and that's it... after like less than 1 minute its turn's of itself... PLZ help me what Shoul i DO???

Hold R while booting up your PSP, then go to Advanced -> Format flash1 and reset settings

Now exit the menu and try booting up your PSP as normal. I'm guessing you had some corrupt configuration files on the flash.

Berkjan

Indeed, it doesn't work with 3.80 M33-2 yet. However, Dark_AleX plans to release a new version of the unbricker with 3.80 M33-2 support soon.

Hold R while booting up your PSP, then go to Advanced -> Format flash1 and reset settings

Now exit the menu and try booting up your PSP as normal. I'm guessing you had some corrupt configuration files on the flash.

OK now its working, than you wery much x3sphere, but i have 2 question now, 1.st my version says that i have 3.71 m33-2 is that right i mean do i have custom firmware now?? 2nd 3.71 m33-2 does it have 1.5 kernel???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
OK now its working, than you wery much x3sphere, but i have 2 question now, 1.st my version says that i have 3.71 m33-2 is that right i mean do i have custom firmware now?? 2nd 3.71 m33-2 does it have 1.5 kernel???

Yes that means you have 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware now. The 1.5 kernel is a separate add-on, available here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3814

Download it and copy the UPDATE folder from the archive over to PSP/GAME. Then download the 1.50 firmware update (available here) and copy it to the root of your memory stick.

If you don't know what the root is, it's what you see when you first open up the memory stick on your computer.