• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Watchmen

eighty4

Graphic novels, are basically comic books, but the size of novels. Comic books are the size the magazines.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I do know they are releasing a DVD Directors cut that will include all the footage they made for The Tales of the Black Freighter in it, and it will add an additional 45 minutes or so. I'm not sure how much of it is included in the release now though.

I hadn't heard that, should be pretty cool. I would love to see some guy go batshit with insane determination like that on screen.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I do know they are releasing a DVD Directors cut that will include all the footage they made for The Tales of the Black Freighter in it, and it will add an additional 20 minutes or so. I'm not sure how much of it is included in the release now though.

it includes TotBF and
hollis masons death

also @abe: just so you know, TotBF is animated, not live action

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
I thought it was a great movie, but it wasn't exactly my cup of tea. I guess the problem I had was that I had trouble sympathizing with any of the characters. I haven't read the novel, but I heard it was better without reading it.

Mister Chief

I hadn't heard that, should be pretty cool. I would love to see some guy go batshit with insane determination like that on screen.

Snyder has plans to release a director's cut theatrically in July if it does well enough in its initial release. His director's cut is 3 hours and 10 minutes and includes extra violence and more sexual content. It doesn't include TOTBF and other scenes which were omitted. A cut which includes 'everything' will be released on DVD. Snyder calls it the 'Crazy Ultimate Freaky Edition'.

Source.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Saw this movie Friday night and loved it. I have read Watchmen and was really psyched about the movie, and I think that it definitely lived up to my expectations. I'm glad that they kept all the gore and sexuality from the novel/book/comic intact. [BLACKOUT]In fact the whole thing except the ending was extremely faithful to the book, and the new ending actually makes more logical sense.[/BLACKOUT]

Mister Chief

Just got back from seeing it. I feel that Zack Snyder did as good a job as anyone could have done given the challenge of adapting Watchmen into a film.

Riorio99

I'm a big fan of the book, especially, (unfortunately) the parts that have been cut from the movie.
No plans to see it immedietly though, but deffenetly going to buy Curse Of The Black Freighter on Blu-Ray

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
My thoughts on the movies portrayal of the actors:
Rorschach was SPOT ON!(granted, the movie marginalized him and made him a far more minor character than in the book, but he maintained the essance of rorschach. only thing i could say would be kovacs' face wasn't as lumpy as the comic)

Dr M was good. He was playing a virtually emotionless character, but did it well.

Silk Spectre was meh. worst of the main characters imo. she didn't have NEARLY the emotion of the comic.

Night Owl was ok. not as whimpy as he came of in the comics, and the lack of [BLACKOUT]Hollis Masons death, and Dan's subsequent RAGE[/BLACKOUT] took a lot out of the character.

Comedian was good. got the personality perfectly.

Ozymandius was meh. under emotional, even for his role, and he just looked funky in the costume.

twelve

I'm not dead
My dad wants to see this but my mum doesn't (well she did until she heard it was almost 3 hours long) so I'm going to see it again 2moro.

A_Nub

Developer
Meh, was random, Had great potential, but the story line was choppy and left you confused. I cant say wether it was bad or good. It just was .

twelve

I'm not dead
Meh, was random, Had great potential, but the story line was choppy and left you confused. I cant say wether it was bad or good. It just was .
Story line was choppy because the book was.

It's no more confusing than Sin City or any Tarantino film.

Seth

MD Party Room
Man another chance to watch watchmen has slipped from my grips. I had no class today,but work just called saying they really need someone to come in.