• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What are your Top 10 musical artists?

Scorned

In really no particular order, because i switch between my 3 favorite genres...

1. Frank Sinatra
2. The Inkspots
3. Luther Vandross
4. Pendulum
5. DJ Marky
6. DJ Tiesto
7. Tahiti 80
8. Keane
9. Interpol
10. Daft Punk

Although that list doesnt include the writers of classical music that i listen to.

Im going to add to/refresh my list. My more "current" list i guess.

In no particular order once again:

1. Nujabes
2. The Roots
3. The Pharcyde
4. The Strokes
5. Justice
6. Crystal Castles
7. Bill Withers
8. Tom Jones
9. Calyx
10. Marvin Gaye

xploren

Contributor
6. Regina Spektor

I've been listening to some of her songs, and they're great. She's a great vocalist.

Is this my 3rd or 4th time updating my list? :p

1. Soulwax (I've been listening to some of their earlier works, and I've just gotten addicted to their music.)

2. Justice (Their music, no matter how many times I listen to them, still draws me in.)

3. Danger (He doesn't have much music out, but I tend to listen to the same song over and over again if I start listening to one of his.)

4. Phoenix (Really great band. They have catchy tunes and their songs are addictive. I missed the chance to get tickets for their L.A. concert, sadly.)

5. Daft Punk (How can I not have Daft Punk on this list? Repetitive, yet you want to keep listening. Magic.)

6. The White Stripes (My friend recommended them to me, and I've been listening to most of their albums. The songs' structures are simple, but they're great to listen to. Jack White is a great guitarist.)

7. Maximum the Hormone (Japanese band, the same one that made the opening and ending themes for the Death Note anime. They combine two very different genres, pop and metal, and the result is excellent. I recommend their album, Buiiki Kaesu.)

8. Metallica (I used to hate them, but listening to Master of Puppets has made me a fan. Great guitarists.)

9. Klaxons (I like them mostly through listening to remixes by high-profile artists like Justice and Soulwax. Gravity's Rainbow is one song I keep listening to.)

10. Air (I finally started listening to them recently, and fell in love after listening to Sexy Boy and Kelly Watch the Stars. Soothing tunes and, somehow, the songs don't feel repetitive.)

Crank

Crank it up!
7. Maximum the Hormone (Japanese band, the same one that made the opening and ending themes for the Death Note anime. They combine two very different genres, pop and metal, and the result is excellent. I recommend their album, Buiiki Kaesu.)

Chu Chu Lovely Muni Muni Mura Mura Purin Purin Boron Nurururerorero (had to grab that name from Wikipedia :)) is a great song from that album. Also Rokkinpo Goroshi is pretty good. :)

_Seven

1) Count Bass D
2) Animal Collective
3) Nujabes
4) Uyama Hiroto
5) Specifics
6) Azeda Booth
7) Futurecop!
8) J Dilla
9) Madlib
10) Stars

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Alright some slight change.

Overall:
1) Queen
2) The Beatles
3) Slayer
4) Smashing Pumpkins
5) Pink Floyd
6) Black Sabbath
7) Rush
8) System of a Down
9) Tool
10) Nas

Top 5 Modern Artists:
1) Mastodon - This band is the best modern metal band right because of the following:
a) Technicality, Blood and Thunder is pretty crazy on drums
b) Lyrics, They never lack. See: Oblivion, off their new record, about the drummer's sister commiting suicide

2) Opeth - THEY REINVENT THEMSELVES!!! Honestly, how many bands you know can go from complete death metal, to Damnation, which was entirely soft? Almost alternative? And not have a feeling of alienation? Very few.

3) Muse - This band is essentially, Queen reincarnate, and that's a compliment.

4) Brand New - A very serious band, but still with some catchy hooks ( See: Deja Entendu and the song The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows) or to the very serious The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me. Honestly! Look at a song from that album Millstone or You Won't Know and you wouldn't guess it's the same band.

5) Underoath - WAIT!!! I know they are a group composed of devout catholics from Florida. BUT THEY don't always focus on religion. A good example of that is Lost in the Sound of Seperation.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
+The Architects, there pretty fucking amazing

Robby

Los Doyers!
In no particular order:
Daft Punk
Eminem
Notorious BIG
2-Pac
Metallica
Radiohead