• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What phone do you use?

Still using the good ol' G1, I've been wanting to upgrade, but everything's touchscreen now, I hate it. Until another decent smartphone comes out with android OS and a hard keyboard, I won't be upgrading anytime soon.

Serideth

Lol, clicked this thread thinking neat and then noticed I was the one who made it, rofl.

Anyway I have taken a massive downgrade since my f700, I'm using this Sony piece of shit now:

b150237.jpg

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just recently upgraded to a Motorola Droid. Had a Samsung Alias 2 before. I wanted to hold off for the Droid 2 but couldn't wait any longer. Passed on the Droid X as no physical keyboard is a deal breaker for me. Granted, I'm sure I could get used to it, but there's something about the feel of actual buttons that I prefer.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I just recently upgraded to a Motorola Droid. Had a Samsung Alias 2 before. I wanted to hold off for the Droid 2 but couldn't wait any longer. Passed on the Droid X as no physical keyboard is a deal breaker for me. Granted, I'm sure I could get used to it, but there's something about the feel of actual buttons that I prefer.

Yeah it's always nice to have the physical keyboard. I make a lot of mistakes on the software keyboards (well mostly they auto-correct wrong). You can always sell your Droid used and then buy a Droid 2 if you wanted, although it's not too much of an upgrade. Make sure you root your phone and try out some of the custom ROMs (Cyanogen Mod is good). Glad to see you finally got a smartphone, just make sure you don't leave it in a taxi :p

Cryox

Bro.
I'm currently using the LG Voyager. Really want to upgrade to the Droid 2 when it's released, but I wouldn't be able to afford it seeing as I'm jobless atm. Hopefully that will change soon.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Recently got the Acer Liquid E. It is an awesome phone.

LocutusEstBorg

I'm trying to get an iPhone 4 32GB but its almost impossible here. I was about to get a Nexus One/Desire but after programming for Android and seeing what the average app was capable of, it was evident that the iPhone was in a different class altogether.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Motorola Droid and I love it. Does everything I need from a phone and more.
Got a custom mod in it, really fast, snappy interface.

Although, my phone bill is currently $100 a month and I'm living off saved money/financial aid so I may have to downgrade soon unless I find a job. Hopefully once school starts, places start hiring again.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
You may not have noticed this yet Torch, or maybe you have. Different parts of the world charge differently for everything.

Serideth

That's ridiculous. I spend like $40-50 a year. With schemes, works out to equivalent of $0.002/min to same network and $0.01/min to any other number.

Abe beat me to it, but yeah, I was paying about 80 USD a month on my last phone but then again we get paid more per hour in our county than you do in yours.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I know but that's like 20x more....for a PHONE CALL. Even a 200% markup on goods and services is sane.

You earn what, like $200 a month? My mortgage payment is $2400 a month. I really find it hard for you to not make the connection between the low salaries where you live and the lower cost of living there.

Everything is relative.

Spiros

Maiki
Right now I'm using the Samsung U740 "Double Flip"

samsung-u7400.jpg

Terrible, right? I know.

I got it almost 3 years ago with a 3-year contract because it had MSN Messenger and a full keyboard, so I basically thought it was the best phone that would ever come out, ever. Wrong! Obviously. Though I'm heading back to Canada in a couple weeks and my Mom's getting me an iPhone 4 as a belated birthday present.:D

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/10/motorola-droid-2-and-r2-d2-edition-finally-official-android/

I would return the one you just ordered personally.

Moose

Meta Moose
I was using the HTC G1 but lately I've become really sick of it. I installed the latest custom Cyanogen Android ROM on it and it runs like an absolute slug so I reckon I'm just gonna sell it to one of those phone recycle companies and get myself a cheap crappy phone as a replacement. I miss having one of those old keypads that aren't qwerty, they're so much more compact and I hardly use many of the features that Android is capable of other than the Facebook application (which is pretty dire anyway).

Robby

Los Doyers!
That's ridiculous. I spend like $40-50 a year. With schemes, works out to equivalent of $0.002/min to same network and $0.01/min to any other number.

Well I have verizon wireless and its about $60 for 450mins and unlimited texting.
Then $30 for the data plan for the droid.
Then about $10 in taxes and for insurance.

Idk about others, but this is a pretty normal phone bill for most minus the data plan.