• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What's in a name?

explosions

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I got my name a few years back, in '05, before I even had the internet, through use of NTL's crappy TV games. To sign up, you obviously needed a name and password with no numbers or spaces. You couldn't mess with caps either, the first letter was capitalized, and nothing else. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was already taken. I even tried 'Saltyham' and that was gone. I spent about 40 minutes guessing at the most random things I could think of. In the end I gave up, went into the kitchen and made myself a glass of Fresh Milk, because I used to drink that and nothing but back in the day. Went back to the TV, entered in Freshmilk. Bingo.

I played the NTL TV games for only a short while and got bored. Got the internet a few months later, and encountered the same problem with hotmail; The one I entered came up as taken, and I remembered haivng the problem earlier. So, I just jotted in Freshmilk, and got it, again.

I like the name because it can shorten to just 'Fresh' which is what most people call me by on XBL. It's also really easy and quick to say, Only has 2 sylabols. But what mostly does it for me is that it's pretty unique; I've never had any problems signing up as Freshmilk anywhere. So, yeah. The only thing I'm really picky about is how it's written now; it has to be Freshmilk, not Fresh Milk, not even FreshMilk. I'm proud of it's origins and NTL's crappy username system. It's grown on me.

Moose

Meta Moose
I got my name a few years back, in '05, before I even had the internet, through use of NTL's crappy TV games. To sign up, you obviously needed a name and password with no numbers or spaces. You couldn't mess with caps either, the first letter was capitalized, and nothing else. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was already taken. I even tried 'Saltyham' and that was gone. I spent about 40 minutes guessing at the most random things I could think of. In the end I gave up, went into the kitchen and made myself a glass of Fresh Milk, because I used to drink that and nothing but back in the day. Went back to the TV, entered in Freshmilk. Bingo.

I played the NTL TV games for only a short while and got bored. Got the internet a few months later, and encountered the same problem with hotmail; The one I entered came us as taken, and I remembered haing the problem. So, I just jotted in Freshmilk, and got it, again.

I like the name because it can shorten to just 'Fresh' which is what most people call me by on XBL. It's also really easy and quick to say, Only has 2 sylabols. But what mostly does it for me is that it's pretty unique; I've never had any problems signing up as Freshmilk anywhere. So, yeah. The only thing I'm really picky about is how it's written now; it has to be Freshmilk, not Fresh Milk, not even FreshMilk. I'm proud of it's origins and NTL's crappy username system. It's grown on me.

I love drinking Freshmilk. :D

EvilSeph

Administrator
I've been following this thread since I first made it and I must say I've mostly been disappointed that most of you don't have interesting stories to tell about how you got your alias.

Still, those that did have some stories to tell, had some pretty crazy and very interesting history behind their aliases, so I guess that makes things up ;). I don't know about you guys, but I've learnt a few things about some of you guys and I'm grateful to you for sharing :)

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
My first username was Flowgo85. I got the idea from the website that has games, videos, and other fun stuff. I just thought it sounded cool at the time.

My current username, Gr34t3st, came from a tv show a few years ago. It was called Arena and on G4 I think. Anyways, I saw a guy on the show with a username similar to mine. It wasn't greatest, but some other word with numerals. That inspired me to change my name to 1337 talk. It kinda stuck. I'm looking for a new username. I'm getting a bit tired of this one.

Seth

MD Party Room
That doesn't seem true at all, VANDEN. I like Vanden so much better, by the way.

You still dont know me by now? You dont know I can never stay long without new name change....

twelve

I'm not dead
My nickname in real life. I got this "tag" back in middle school for "self defense" reasons. I hated the name at first because everyone seemed to well, fear me I guess. Something I'm not too proud of, but what's done is done. :sleep:
You sure you don't just like to get so drunk that you blackout :p