• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your favorite games console ?

eldiablov

Contributor
What is your favorite console of all time and why ?

Mine has to be the Gameboy advance SP. It had a great feel when you picked it up, rechargeable batteries and a damn backlight !

gbspsq.gif

CASHMON3Y

Playstation 2, mainly because of the vast library of games that were released on it. It also set standards for consoles to come.

Adiuvo

Game Boy Color. The amount of time I wasted away on that with Oracle of Seasons/Ages was extraordinary.

Definitely game color color the limited edition pokemon one. I prolly logged 5 months + total gameplay on that bad boy.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Playstation 2.
It had so many great games released for it.

Scorned

Game Boy Color. The amount of time I wasted away on that with Oracle of Seasons/Ages was extraordinary.

I gotta agree with the GBC, even though ive lost both my old GB pocket and color, with only an SP left, i loved the Gameboy. Its hard to call it my favorite console though, but i loved all the games i had for it to death.

All the Zelda's were amazing, in addition to Pokemon just made the console a steal IMO.

Other than that, i think id tie it up with either SNES or PS2.

TeamOverload

Xbox 360, a wide variety of great games is available, and the online support is terrific. DLC helps extend all the games as well to keep me wanting to play more than any games before it. It's really amazing how far technology has come.

Serideth

Probably Gameboy Color/Advance.

With games like Harvest Moon, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Golden Sun ect ect it was fantastic.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Probably Gameboy Color/Advance.

With games like Harvest Moon, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Golden Sun ect ect it was fantastic.

Yay! Another Golden Suns fan! :D I loved Golden Suns 1+2 and also pretty much all of the Pokemon versions. My first game console was my faithful Game Boy Color (the purple see through case version). Pokemon, Golden Suns, and Metroid were pretty much the only quality games at the time so many years ago.

Slasher

Suck It
For me, I would definitely have to say the PSP. I've been using mine since day 1 in March of '05. It has plenty of quality games, having custom firmware and the ability to run homebrew on a portable console is nothing short of awesome, and it has introduced a hobby to me that I would have otherwise never imagined, which is coding.

Although I do admit, if homebrew wasn't available on the PSP my answer would probably be different.

If homebrew wasn't available, it would be a tough call. I might say my Genesis, just because it has an immense amount of sentimental value to me. It was my first console and it was the link that introduced me to what video games were in the first place.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
For me, I would definitely have to say the PSP. I've been using mine since day 1 in March of '05. It has plenty of quality games, having custom firmware and the ability to run homebrew on a portable console is nothing short of awesome, and it has introduced a hobby to me that I would have otherwise never imagined, which is coding.

Although I do admit, if homebrew wasn't available on the PSP my answer would probably be different.

If homebrew wasn't available, it would be a tough call. I might say my Genesis, just because it has an immense amount of sentimental value to me. It was my first console and it was the link that introduced me to what video games were in the first place.

I have the exact same opinion. My psp opened quite alot of doors for me, and I wouldn't know half of what I know now. My psp even led me to qj, and now here :)

I also met quite a few people because of it too, both online and IRL

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I would have to say the SNES. There's an amazing selection of great RPGs available for it, most of which have managed to stand the test of time. Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Lufia, Bahamut Lagoon, Secret of Mana, the list goes on...

To me, no console has surpassed the SNES's lineup. I'd say the PS2 comes close though.