• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your most anticipated movie(s) of 2009

GI joe looked great from the commercial transformers 2 didnt look half bad either. although ill admit im really lookin forward to crank 2

twelve

I'm not dead
I'll probably see Crank 2 but it's a sequel that doesn't need to exist. I'm going to have to ignore all logical reasoning and facts to enjoy it.

Joey

I watched about 20 minutes of Transformers at a best buy, and it seemed pretty abominable.

I don't know, maybe I just wasn't expecting masturbation jokes.

I don't mean to sound like an indie fag, but all of these blockbusters, with the exception of Watchmen, look absolutely terrible.

Additional Comment:
I'll probably see Crank 2 but it's a sequel that doesn't need to exist. I'm going to have to ignore all logical reasoning and facts to enjoy it.

A lot of movies don't need to exist... WTF GI FUCKING JOE?

twelve

I'm not dead
A lot of movies don't need to exist... WTF GI FUCKING JOE?
Have you seen the first Crank?

It's about a guy that gets injected with a poison that will stop his heart. So he needs to get adrenaline kicks to keep it going. It ends with him falling 3000 feet from a plane without a parachute. He hits the ground and his eyes flicker.

That flicker is the only way it was left open for a sequel.

He's kept alive now by an artificial heart. The story is about this heart being stolen (wtf?) and replaced with a battery-powered one that requires regular jolts of electricity to keep working.

Basically it sounds like it'll be more of the same. A shit story with some unrealistic action sequences, which just about worked for the first film. It was only really watchable due to it being a 90 minute long action sequence.

Really if they wanted to make another film they should've made a new main character and made it a seperate story, either that or a prequel.

i really cant imagine crank without jason stathom hes the main reason i watch that and like you said its 90 minutes of non stop action

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Fuckin Dragon Ball Z movie! hahaha

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
star trek movie looks amazing after seeing the trailer, it's defiantly one i'm catching

transformers 2 is another i plan to catch,

up looked like a funny movie so i might see that as well

that's my 2009 line up so far=-)

Adiuvo

I don't know about anybody else but I really want to see Coraline. I read the book awhile back and loved it. The style of filming they used for this adaptation fits really well with the book, so I have high hopes that the rest will be accurate.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I don't know about anybody else but I really want to see Coraline. I read the book awhile back and loved it. The style of filming they used for this adaptation fits really well with the book, so I have high hopes that the rest will be accurate.

i've never read the book, but the movie doesn't look too bad, it looks a little childish, but maybe it's just the style their doing it in

Colm

..a sequel that doesn't need to exist. I'm going to have to ignore all logical reasoning and facts to enjoy it.

I can probably think of worse sequels.
There's an upcoming sequel to Donnie Darko. Wikimedia Error

The Donnie Darko storyline ended at the end of that film, this is just a sequel featuring one of the same characters... The director of Donnie Darko had absolutely nothing to do with it either.
Richard Kelly did not reprise his role as the director or writer of S. Darko. He stated "To set the record straight, here's a few facts I'd like to share with you all -- I haven't read this script. I have absolutely no involvement with this production, nor will I ever be involved."

twelve

I'm not dead
I can probably think of worse sequels.
There's an upcoming sequel to Donnie Darko. Wikimedia Error

The Donnie Darko storyline ended at the end of that film, this is just a sequel featuring one of the same characters... The director of Donnie Darko had absolutely nothing to do with it either.
Sounds more like a spin off than a sequel. A spin off to Crank would probably work better than a sequel. Take someone else and put them into a new (but similar) role and story.

The premise to Crank 2 just sounds piss poor to me.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Picking up immediately after he hits the ground at the end of Crank, Chev Chelios (Jason Statham) is kidnapped by a gang of Chinese medics. On an operating table, they attempt to harvest his organs, but after removing his heart and replacing it with an electronic temporary one, Chev wakes up and kills the medics. He then has to chase after the gang who have stolen his heart, but at the same time, shocking himself with regular jolts of electricity to keep himself alive.

Pretty much the same as the first, so it should be interesting. They really didn't need to make it though, I can see more sequels for Crank coming out if all they are gonna do is keep the same theme.

Seth

MD Party Room
Watchmen....Going to see it with a bunch of friends on lanuch day.It a comicbook movie thing from the guy who made 300.