• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

carlosp

PPPRRROOBBLLLEEEMMMM

I have already installed 3.3 on my psp. Now i tried to use the custom OE. But it doesnt work for me. I was never ever successfull with this shit. Everytime i try to run it i get the error message 8002014c. Is it because i already have 3.3 on it and if yes what can i do now? thx in advance.

J

Junit

w00t , gonna install once i get gta lcs , i checked eb games today , pawn shops , pawn shops didnt have or had 2.6 and ebgames and new copies , blockbuster doesnt rent psp games but sells preplayed and my friend is to lazy to look for his..

I have already installed 3.3 on my psp. Now i tried to use the custom OE. But it doesnt work for me. I was never ever successfull with this ****. Everytime i try to run it i get the error message 8002014c. Is it because i already have 3.3 on it and if yes what can i do now? thx in advance.

yep its because your on 3.30 you must be 1.50 to upgrade to any OE firmwear you will have to wait for a down grader
and dont use bad words you will get told off

DarkDawn

damn, i hears there will be no downgrader for the next seven or eight months. is that true??

I know that the downgrader is coming out in about a months time so not to long to w8 hopefully. And Fingers crossed. Ow yeah i forgot to say tht there will probably not be a dowgrader for 3.10 or 3.11 but not 100% sure about it, so dont all upgrade to 3.30 unless u are certain.

ohnonotme

so i hold l+triangle then start it and let go or do i hold l+triangle through the whole thing?
sorry im dumb. i dont know how to do this stuff and i dont want to brick

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so i hold l+triangle then start it and let go or do i hold l+triangle through the whole thing?
sorry im dumb. i dont know how to do this stuff and i dont want to brick

just hold L + Triangle until it boots .. then follow the instructions.

wer2shoot

3.03oe-c

hi i have 3.03oe-c nd im a complete noob umm if i upgrade to 3.30oe is there still a recovery menu and will my homebrew still work thx (im mostly concerned with the recovery menu)

imp_run

when opening and checking 150.PBP, it say invalid 1.50 update files (3)...
i already copy the 150.pbp files 10x and the same thing happen.. please help..

wer2shoot

bit random

alittle bit random but um does anyone know if 3.30oe-a work with the ps3 in remote play cause as i said before i had 3.03oe-c and i tried to connect it with the ps3 an error box came up with "please update your psp system software" i thought 3.03 was the minimum req nyway the 3.30oe-a works yay ty DA

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
when opening and checking 150.PBP, it say invalid 1.50 update files (3)...
i already copy the 150.pbp files 10x and the same thing happen.. please help..

sounds like the pbp archive is corrupted, can you try re-downloading it?

150.PBP is this exact size: 13,900,225 bytes

Denny

Updated my firmware with the standard procedure and not a single problem. I actually noticed my R-trigger ain't bitching anymore so that's atleast a bonus. :biggrin:

If you've been using an OE-version before - you know the drill already. There's nothing to fear. 8)

ameur

these instructions are awesome!
i can now play Vagrant Story on my PSP. probably the best game i've played onthe damn thing. i don't understand why Sony hasn't done this yet, if they were smart they'd take all the PSX games and put them on compilation UMD's. but unfortunately that probably won't happen.

Thank you

Di Vaio
hey can i run this custom fimware with the firmware 3.11 or 3.30

aocrackers

Problems

I just bought a psp with a 2.71 vr an like a dumbass I upgraded to 3.30. So i've read that was a bad idea an know i know i can downgrade... I tried to install the new 3.30OE but i kept getting a can't start game error... Any Ideas?

guthemberg

Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.30 OE-A. Please note that you must be running 1.50, 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE, 3.03 OE, or 3.10 OE to begin this installation.

First grab the 3.30 OE-A files.

1. Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE, 3.03 OE, or 3.10 OE.

2. Now download the 1.50 and 3.30 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.30 Update

3. Place these 2 updates in the oeupdmaker folder and ensure they are named exactly like this 150.PBP and 330.PBP. Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker. It will take a few minutes to create the file, once finished a DATA.DXAR will be found in the oeupdmaker folder.

Please note: If you get an error message that says "Invalid SHA-1" when creating the DXAR do not proceed further. This means you have a faulty memory stick and a corrupt DATA.DXAR was created. Start over using a different memory stick.

4. Copy 330oeflasher and 330oeflasher% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE, 3.03 OE, or 3.10 OE.

5. Copy the DATA.DXAR created in step 3 to the 330oeflasher folder.

6. Navigate to the game menu on your PSP, run the 3.30 OE-A flasher and follow the on screen instructions. Once done your PSP will now be running 3.30 OE-A :)

Sorry but I'm new here. I have a PSP 3.03 and I'm having troubles installing a custom firmware and I followed the directions up to the third step and it was accomplishing the the oeupmaker. I got an error message saying "The game could not be strated. (8002014C)" Now can you tell me what that means? Is it possible for me to have a custom firmware on my psp? or wat?Also I dont have a folder "GAME150" only "GAME"

XsavioR

please see below ANY ONE WHO HAS HIGHER THEN
3.03 sony FW

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1121

4. Copy 330oeflasher and 330oeflasher% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE, 3.03 OE, or 3.10 OE.

You must be running custom firmware or 1.5 to use this. that means you need to downgrade to 1.5 then install. Since your running 3.03 you need gta ics disc with the 2.0 update on it. see the guides http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=525