• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Roe

oh ok. Do u know a good place to buy real ones on?
I'll have a look around for you Ebay isn't a good place to buy them. Most of them are fake there. I'll have a look around and come back to you

EDIT: What size mem stick do you want

m007850

Since youre on and talking I want to ask one more question, when I try to go to recovery mode my screen only gets black.. Is something rong?

Roe

Since youre on and talking I want to ask one more question, when I try to go to recovery mode my screen only gets black.. Is something rong?
Yes but I don't know what. I've never heard of that before

sum41

I eventually took the step from 1.5 to 3.30OE thanks to your spot on and easy to follow guide(many thanks).Could anyone tell me how you go from 3.30OE to 3.40OE or any other future custum firmware the god who is Dark Alex releases.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I eventually took the step from 1.5 to 3.30OE thanks to your spot on and easy to follow guide(many thanks).Could anyone tell me how you go from 3.30OE to 3.40OE or any other future custum firmware the god who is Dark Alex releases.

Just follow the guide again, it has been updated for 3.40 OE-A.

mask2011

I had this as well and freaked out :) I dont know the source of the problem, but I do know how to solve it.. There's one of the brightness settings that screws up the view in Recovery mode. Simply press the Brightness button a few times and you're ready to go! Hope this works!

PSPJaugernaut

I am new at this whole thing so I got some questions:

1.) My PSP ver. is 3.40. Does that mean I can't downgrade ever? Does the 3.40OE work for it? If I wait for more updates and not download Sony updates and get OE updates will that work?

2.) I tried the OE earlier but it kept either saying that the data was currupted or that the OE couldn't play. (It showed some random #s.)

3.) I have RE on mine but it keeps telling me I have to start the system... what does that mean?

If you have answers please post them or message them to me.

Please and thank you. :smile:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I am new at this whole thing so I got some questions:

1.) My PSP ver. is 3.40. Does that mean I can't downgrade ever? Does the 3.40OE work for it? If I wait for more updates and not download Sony updates and get OE updates will that work?

2.) I tried the OE earlier but it kept either saying that the data was currupted or that the OE couldn't play. (It showed some random #s.)

3.) I have RE on mine but it keeps telling me I have to start the system... what does that mean?

If you have answers please post them or message them to me.

Please and thank you. :smile:

Ever? No, but you may be waiting a long time. Even if we wanted to code a downgrader its not possible as an exploit in the firmware needs to be found first (hole that allows unsigned code to run).

That's normal OE is showing up as corrupted since your PSP cannot run homebrew applications.

PSPJaugernaut

I am gonna search one more time for a downgrader for the 3.40 version...

If I can't find it oh well... cause from the last time I upgraded (January), the versions were... let's see... when I last upgrade I went to 2.81 and now it's 3.40... so I don't have to wait long if you think about it.

But thanks for telling me... I am gonna put my unnatural code cracking and hacking skills to the test and try to at least develop a EBOOT that will let me play my RE game.

PSPJaugernaut

Nooope...

I can't help myself at the moment... lol

I just had an idea... what if I beged to Sony at there site, like send them a customer support email that states that 3.40 won't let me play some of my PSP games and that I need to know if there is a way to downgrade the PSP from 3.40... if there isn't, either way I will win cause then they will make a newer version that will let people play games that don't play on 3.40 or higher. lol

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry for spaming...

But is there anything else besides OE that will work with 3.40? Or is OE the only thing?

I think you're a bit confused .. 3.40 OE-A gives you all the features of 3.40 with added homebrew support.

You can't install 3.40 OE-A from regular 3.40, it can only be installed from 1.5 or any previous custom firmware revision.