• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Rusty Cockring

2. Now download the 1.50 and 3.40 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.40 Update

Hello I'm new to posting here but always try and research before posting a question which I have done in the past and have now updated to 3.30 OE

Anyway my question is, the 1.50 update that you have to download as quoted in the guide, is this the same file that has been used in all of the previous OE updates. In other words if you already have the 1.50 OE update on file for example from when you upgraded to 3.30 OE would you need to download it again to upgrade to 3.40 OE? I.e. is the 1.50 update specific to the revisions of the OE firmware or is it the same file that is always used?
I ask because I'm limited to a works PC at the mo and we're limited to downloads!! Hope it all makes sense.

Thanks.

Solex

Hello I'm new to posting here but always try and research before posting a question which I have done in the past and have now updated to 3.30 OE

Anyway my question is, the 1.50 update that you have to download as quoted in the guide, is this the same file that has been used in all of the previous OE updates. In other words if you already have the 1.50 OE update on file for example from when you upgraded to 3.30 OE would you need to download it again to upgrade to 3.40 OE? I.e. is the 1.50 update specific to the revisions of the OE firmware or is it the same file that is always used?
I ask because I'm limited to a works PC at the mo and we're limited to downloads!! Hope it all makes sense.

Thanks.

No, u dont need to download the 150.PBP again, just the 340.PBP. The 150.PBP is the 1.50 firmware update for the psp whitch is the same file that is always used.

scaveman

Ta-082 motherboard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
Can someone please tell me if its safe to upgrade to 3.40 oe-a
with a Ta-082 motherboard

it has already been downgraded to 1.5 ?????

Roe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
Can someone please tell me if its safe to upgrade to 3.40 oe-a
with a Ta-082 motherboard

it has already been downgraded to 1.5 ?????
Yeah it's completly safe to upgrade.

andyo234

OE firmware

Hello,

I bought my psp 1 week ago, so i'm new in this stuff. I want to upgrade my psp to the custom
firmware of DarkAlex, but i'm running 2.71 version. Please, can u tell me how can i get to an OE firmware, so i can upgrade to 3.40 OE custom firm. ?

younger107

Hello,

I bought my psp 1 week ago, so i'm new in this stuff. I want to upgrade my psp to the custom
firmware of DarkAlex, but i'm running 2.71 version. Please, can u tell me how can i get to an OE firmware, so i can upgrade to 3.40 OE custom firm. ?

you need to downgrade your PSP to 1.5 version first!
then you may have any OE version you like.

andyo234

HELLLPPP !

I'd tried to downgrade it form 2.71 to 1.5 with Easy 2.71 Downgrader but after the red screed dissapeared, my psp went dead: i can't turn it on. When i switch the power on the green led appeares but dissapears in a few sec. Aslo, the display doesn't turn on. Please, is there something that i can do ? Tell me wether is good or bad news.

Thanks in advance,

Roe

I'd tried to downgrade it form 2.71 to 1.5 with Easy 2.71 Downgrader but after the red screed dissapeared, my psp went dead: i can't turn it on. When i switch the power on the green led appeares but dissapears in a few sec. Aslo, the display doesn't turn on. Please, is there something that i can do ? Tell me wether is good or bad news.

Thanks in advance,
Where did you get the downgrader

Hellsingxx

Where did you get the downgrader

He probably used this
Xtrusion Easy PSP Downgrader

and can you please answer my question.

Hi again.This is what i am going to use to downgrade to 1.5

Xtrusion Easy PSP Downgrader
it downgrade to 2.6-1.5
It's a easy downgrade install for noobs like me
website can be found here
http://psp.xtrusion.es/content/descargas.htm

so my question is.
Is this a good thing to downgrade from 2.6-1.5 without bricking it?

Edit: andyo234 i watched some videos on youtube and when the red screen appear you need to wait like 5 mins and make sure your battery is full loaded. then the screen will get black and restart the psp

Roe

you would probably be best upgrading to 2.71 then downgrading following the guide in the psp development forum

MAPETEK

@#$#%%@^^

:crying:

I just upgraded to OE-A and it was working great. I downloaded a file called OE-B, thinking it was a newer version. Upgraded to it and now the PSP won't boot. I am able to get into the recovery mode, but that isn't helping any. Anyone got any ideas? I upgraded from 2.71-SEC to 3.40 OE-A, then did the dumd thing.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
:crying:

I just upgraded to OE-A and it was working great. I downloaded a file called OE-B, thinking it was a newer version. Upgraded to it and now the PSP won't boot. I am able to get into the recovery mode, but that isn't helping any. Anyone got any ideas? I upgraded from 2.71-SEC to 3.40 OE-A, then did the dumd thing.

If you can still access recovery then that's good. Downgrade back to 1.5 using this guide:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1508

Once on 1.5 then you can install 3.40 OE-A again.

@Hellsingxx: I recommend upgrading to 2.71 and then following the guide to downgrade here.

exgreenranger

please help me

okay i just freaking upgraded to 3.40 because i didn't i guess you can say figured out how to freaking upgrade or do anythig to the freaking psp till it was to late so now i have 3.40 the official update and i want to go to 3.40 OE now how in the hell do i freaking get there? can someone PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME if yo ucan send me an e-mail on how to freaking do this please iv been up since 2 in the after noon my time to 10 pm trying to figure it out and still nothing has worked =\ please help my e-mail is fairycosmo28@hotmail.com it would mean alot

thanks. Noel.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
okay i just freaking upgraded to 3.40 because i didn't i guess you can say figured out how to freaking upgrade or do anythig to the freaking psp till it was to late so now i have 3.40 the official update and i want to go to 3.40 OE now how in the hell do i freaking get there? can someone PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME if yo ucan send me an e-mail on how to freaking do this please iv been up since 2 in the after noon my time to 10 pm trying to figure it out and still nothing has worked =\ please help my e-mail is fairycosmo28@hotmail.com it would mean alot

thanks. Noel.

so you've upgraded to 3.40? Then there is no way to upgrade to 3.40 OE-A for now.