• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

none

update problem

hi there i'am traying to upgrade from 2.6 to 3.4 to my psp with the instactions and when i do the Update maker my psp is shuts down, and when i open it there is no DATA.DXAR file in the oeupdmaker folder. what i am doing wrong :confused1:

Acerthief

You have to install custom firmware in order to use this.
Good news, you can install custom firmware!
Update to 2.71 first, then use the 2.71 downgrader, to go to 1.5, then you may proceed with this 3.40OE guide. :D

But do take more notice in the instructions, there are some different steps for different motherboards.

and before you downgrade, backup your keys first with KeyCleaner v1.4, so you won't have hareware problems in the future.

none

another problem

i can't play cso and iso files i tried everything, i watched videos from youtube i do the same and nothing is happening.
i know i'am stupid if someone knows please

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i can't play cso and iso files i tried everything, i watched videos from youtube i do the same and nothing is happening.
i know i'am stupid if someone knows please

Make sure you have a UMD in the drive, 3.40 OE won't run most ISO files properly unless NO-UMD is turned off and a UMD is in the drive.

buttcum420

i bricked my psp trying to follow these steps. im not blaming anybody, cause i probably screwed something up. what any body know why it did this?

Acerthief

i bricked my psp trying to follow these steps. im not blaming anybody, cause i probably screwed something up. what any body know why it did this?

How did you PSP bricked? like did the power suddenly got cut out? the system said that there was an error?

zarathustra

x3sphere,

Spanking good advice again (as usual).

You helped me get up to 3.30OE-A' a year or two ago, & a few of the latest ISOs/CSOs weren't currently working (error 80020148 ). I followed your 3.40OE-A advice & they're all good to go.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. =]

zar.

PS On reading the forum, ought I upgrade to one of the M33 FWs? I've not got a PS3 & everything's just fine with the 3.40, so would there be any benefit to doing so?

=]

Acerthief

You CAN upgrade to 3.52M33, along with the 3.52M33-4 patch, and that should be good enough if you're not playing any really new games.

And Welcome back, I remember you came to help your daughter to get to custom firmware, right? :D

zarathustra

Hi Acerthief,

That was me alright. Her Pink TA-082. Running sweetly, thanks. Great memory! =]

You say I _can_ upgrade, but do I _need_ to? I tested my MLB 2K8 backup (new-ish?) & a couple of other 2008 games - they were all fine.

i know I'm a pain (enquiring minds need to know =] ) but what exactly is/are the benefits of the M33 over OE-A FWs? I read something about PS3 integration, but would you (or anyone knowledgeable enough reading my drivel) be kind enough to elaborate - or perhaps point me at a URL that'll do the trick?

Ever grateful,

zarathustra.

Acerthief

VSH Menu is one, (a menu at the XMB that can change the CPU speed etc, without having the trouble of going to the Recovery Menu)

Sony np9660 - An official ISO Loader, with that you can play games withOUT an UMD inserted. XD

Stable - Bug fixes, a few more custom firmware tweaks, etc.

You don't have to upgrade if you think it's trouble, as I stayed on 3.40OE-A myself until I had to play this new game. (Patapon) :D

zarathustra

Yet more QQQQQs....

HAHA! That's excellent. I was about to reply that I'd found a game that wouldn't run under 3.40. I wonder if you can guess which? Yes heh, it was 'Patapon'! :laugh: Looks good - kinda like Loco Roco, graphics-wise...

I rarely alter the CPU speed, but the official ISO loader sounds good. Have you had any misgivings _at all_ (personally speaking) about your upgrading to M33?

I think I'ma gonna go do it. One thing, tho' - I've recently started using USBHostsFS to 'stream' the ISOs via USB (to save MS space). Is this still functional under M33?

Apologies for the relentless questionings...

Thanks again, dude.

zarathustra :smile:

Acerthief

HAHA! That's excellent. I was about to reply that I'd found a game that wouldn't run under 3.40. I wonder if you can guess which? Yes heh, it was 'Patapon'! :laugh: Looks good - kinda like Loco Roco, graphics-wise...

I rarely alter the CPU speed, but the official ISO loader sounds good. Have you had any misgivings _at all_ (personally speaking) about your upgrading to M33?

I think I'ma gonna go do it. One thing, tho' - I've recently started using USBHostsFS to 'stream' the ISOs via USB (to save MS space). Is this still functional under M33?

Apologies for the relentless questionings...

Thanks again, dude.

zarathustra :smile:

For "Patapon", you need 3.71M33 with Sony np9660 UMD Mode.
But to get 3.71M33, you need to upgrade to 3.52M33-4 First!

I'd perfer 3.71M33 either than 3.90M33 as there's a memory stick patch you need to do, and you can't revert back to old firmwares (yet). If you really want to play Patapon (which I recommend playin, it's not bad) upgrade to 3.52M33-4 first.

And do you have MSN, Yahoo IM? That way I could guide you through to 3.71M33. If not, I could guide here. :D (Though through messenger saves up a lotta trouble XD)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I did everything you said and i keep getting this "The game could not be started." message i have a Star Wars PSP please help :(

Star Wars PSP... isn't that a Slim? 3.40 OE-A came out before the Slim was released - it's not compatible. What firmware are you on?