• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Okay, so far as I know I followed the instructions to the T but am still getting a 8002014c error when I try to run the update maker.

I'm currently running 3.03 OE-c firmware so I never expected to encounter this amount of resistance. I even tried updating to an earlier firmware like 3.30 but my search for the EBOOT.pbp was completely fruitless.

If anyone can help me out here it'd really mean a lot. This is terribly frustrating.

Most likely you did not put 3.40 OE update in the GAME150 folder.

Shingkyo

Hi... I am a total newbie...

I got my "cracked ver" PSP in the beginning of this year... I suppose it has been flashed to a third-party firmware upon buying it...

I checked the board and it has IC0003 wording. Also from the "Settings -> System Informations" it shows that my PSP is having 3.03 OE-B of firmware... Is it the one that Alex created?

Anyway... I tried to download the latest 3.40 OE-A...

I place the two folders into PSP\GAME150 (Which I manually added)
Also I have put 1.50 PBP and 3.40 PBP into "oeupdmaker"

But I couldnt see any update maker on the "Game" menu...

Wat's wrong?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Hi... I am a total newbie...

I got my "cracked ver" PSP in the beginning of this year... I suppose it has been flashed to a third-party firmware upon buying it...

I checked the board and it has IC0003 wording. Also from the "Settings -> System Informations" it shows that my PSP is having 3.03 OE-B of firmware... Is it the one that Alex created?

Anyway... I tried to download the latest 3.40 OE-A...

I place the two folders into PSP\GAME150 (Which I manually added)
Also I have put 1.50 PBP and 3.40 PBP into "oeupdmaker"

But I couldnt see any update maker on the "Game" menu...

Wat's wrong?

Yes, 3.02OE-B is a custom firmware created by D_X.

About your problem, your 1.50 kernel in your recovery menu is probably set to the GAME folder. Just put the folders into the GAME folder instead of the GAME150, it should work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry I checked more specifically..

Its version 3.03 OE-C..Is it the same instructions?

No, if you have 3.03 OE-C just follow the instructions in the first post of this thread.

Myrinia

;-; Made a Mistake somehow

Okay I had everythign up and running but my little brother deleted all the game150 folder and ect.
I reinstalled it all but it is not working anymore.
Help?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Okay I had everythign up and running but my little brother deleted all the game150 folder and ect.
I reinstalled it all but it is not working anymore.
Help?

Try formatting your memstick with the PSP (remember to take the savegames 'n' such off of it first, however:p) and see if that helps. It should recreate all the folders 'n' such.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

lucid~guy

hey guys im new here and was just curious as to what directory to
put ps1(bin/cue) files i order to get them to werk and also if
specific titles are uncompatable

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hey guys im new here and was just curious as to what directory to
put ps1(bin/cue) files i order to get them to werk and also if
specific titles are uncompatable

First, you need to convert the bin / cue file to a PSP compatible format. Take a look at the guide here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2047

Some titles are incompatible but most games will work fine.

joel13

i have version 3.80 BUT when i put both the 150.PBP AND THE 340.PBP IN THE UPEMAKER FOLDER AND WENT TO MY PSPS GAME MENU AND WHEN I CLICK ON THE 3.40 OE-A FIRMWARE INSTALL WHY DOES IT SAY game could not be started.(8002014c) PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ HEEEEEEEEELP:sad::sad:

ANY BODY HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ANY BODY HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Please don't double post. This guide won't work with official firmware. If you read the first step, it says that you must be running 1.5 or custom firmware to proceed.

cava_laire

EBOOT.PBP problems..

help please? i renamed the 1.50 and 3.40 EBOOT to 150.PBP and 340.PBP and when i tried to go to the game section in my xmb, it says corrupt files. i tried not to rename anything so they came out EBOOT.PBP (150.PBP) and EBOOT(2).PBP (340.PBP)

*by the way, there is "(2)" in 3.40 eboot because my computer won't allow two files with the same name*

anyway, the 1st eboot (150.PBP) came out fine and not corrupted anymore BUT the 2nd eboot { EBOOT(2).PBP aka 340.PBP } is still corrupted! what should i do? anyone? please? help?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
help please? i renamed the 1.50 and 3.40 EBOOT to 150.PBP and 340.PBP and when i tried to go to the game section in my xmb, it says corrupt files. i tried not to rename anything so they came out EBOOT.PBP (150.PBP) and EBOOT(2).PBP (340.PBP)

*by the way, there is "(2)" in 3.40 eboot because my computer won't allow two files with the same name*

anyway, the 1st eboot (150.PBP) came out fine and not corrupted anymore BUT the 2nd eboot { EBOOT(2).PBP aka 340.PBP } is still corrupted! what should i do? anyone? please? help?

The corrupted data icons are normal and it has nothing to do with the two EBOOT files you downloaded.

It is caused by the two folders 340oeflasher% and oeupdmaker%. But you must not delete the corrupted data or else the program won't work.