• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

JKing

Banned
How long should it be at:
"Extracting and packing 3.10 firmware..." ??
Just stays there started like 10 minutes ago and it's still there!
WTF did I do. Anyone else have this prob (I'm upgrading from 1.5)

I had that problem on two of my psp's....just wait for it.
Took my second psp over 20 min...lmao
You can try to format the mem card, if you wait like 1 hour with no luck.

acetken

Purchased a new PSP today solely due to you guys. It's 2.71 out of the box. The install guide covers installing 3.10 IF you already have a cracked firmware installed. What do I do to start from scratch? Thanks for the help! (Might be a good thing to sticky for the new people)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

acetken

Having trouble finding what HEN-D is. Other than that, so far so good.

EDIT: I think it's this, but I have no idea how to install THAT.

acetken

Allright. Using an "Easy updater" I seem to have upgraded my firmware to 2.80 and HEN-D doesn't do anything but turn my system off. Fabulous. Now what?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
you will need to get the files from here:

http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=88888898

starting Hen is easy, just copy the files from MS_ROOT to your memory stick drive, then go into the photo viewer and select the folder HEN_280. It may take a few tries for it to boot, but if you get a Blue screen that means it was successful. Now follow the instructions for the 2.8 downgrader on that page.

Keep note of the following step in the downgrader readme

- If running a ta-082 PSP execute the 2.80 idstorage changer. It needs 75% battery.
It will change some keys of your idstorage needed to downgrade the ta-082.

acetken

It works! Beautiful! (My screen kept turning off. I had to plug and unplug the power cable to get the screen to display when I was using 1.5. Irritating. 3.10 A' seems to have all that fixed.)
So where are all the extra options?
I downloaded a backup of ATV Offroad Fury since it came with my PSP (And it's legal to do so), but when I try to run it, I get "The game could not be started. (80020321)"
Any ideas? It's a .cso file and I put it in the ISO directory. I assume I did that correctly?

EDIT: Answered my own question! You MUST have a UMD in the drive to get rid of the error, but it works! Woo hoo!

JKing

Banned
It works! Beautiful! (My screen kept turning off. I had to plug and unplug the power cable to get the screen to display when I was using 1.5. Irritating. 3.10 A' seems to have all that fixed.)
So where are all the extra options?
I downloaded a backup of ATV Offroad Fury since it came with my PSP (And it's legal to do so), but when I try to run it, I get "The game could not be started. (80020321)"
Any ideas? It's a .cso file and I put it in the ISO directory. I assume I did that correctly?

EDIT: Answered my own question! You MUST have a UMD in the drive to get rid of the error, but it works! Woo hoo!

Support for PlayStation Network titles had been expanded

Support for the MPEG-4 AVC format has been added under [LocationFree Player]

[Dynamic Normalizer] has been added as a feature under [Sound Settings] in [Settings]

[Conserve Memory] has been added as an option in [View Settings] under [Internet Browser].

Also a third stage of light..Just as if you had it charging, you can now do with out a charging. :eek:

acetken

Cool. Picked up SSX On Tour today (It was 9.99. Why not.), so I downloaded a copy off of Demonoid to put on the memstick. (Load times are MUCH better on ATV, so why not?) Anyway, I tried to convert the iso I got as I did with my ATV: ARF game using CDVD-IML2ISO 5.0, but I get an error about it being a PS2 DVD iso? Errr? Inside the iso, it's very clear the game is for PSP. Is there any way to bypass that error and just compress the stupid thing anyway? Maybe a better program? I dunno...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Cool. Picked up SSX On Tour today (It was 9.99. Why not.), so I downloaded a copy off of Demonoid to put on the memstick. (Load times are MUCH better!) Anyway, I tried to convert the iso I got out of the rar as I did with my ATV: ARF game using CDVD-IML2ISO 5.0, but I get an error about it being a PS2 DVD rip? Errr? Inside the iso, it's very clear the game is for PSP. Is there any way to bypass that error and just compress the stupid thing anyway? Maybe a better program? I dunno...

never used that program before, try another one of the CISO compress programs, theres tons of them out there.

acetken

Tried another one and it worked like a charm. Man, you're incredibly helpful!

Now I've got a friend who wants to upgrade her PSP to the DA firmware. Problem is, she's got 2.81 installed and from what I read, we need Vice City to do it, right? Is there another way?

lilkev247

Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.10 OE-A. Please note that you must be running 1.50, 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE to begin this installation.

First grab the 3.10 OE-A files.

1. Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE.

2. Now download the 1.50 and 3.10 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.10 Update

3. Place these 2 updates in the oeupdmaker folder and ensure they are named exactly like this 150.PBP and 310.PBP. Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker. It will take a few minutes to create the file, once finished a DATA.DXAR will be found in the oeupdmaker folder.

4. Copy 310oeflasher and 310oeflasher% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE.

5. Copy the DATA.DXAR created in step 3 to the 310oeflasher folder.

6. Navigate to the game menu on your PSP, run the 3.10 OE-A flasher and follow the on screen instructions. Once done your PSP will now be running 3.10 OE-A :)

ok i have 3.10 from the network update..i have no oeupdmaker folder...so where so i put the B]150.PBP[/B] and 310.PBP. ?????

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so does that mean you upgraded to 3.10? if so, you're out of luck

and note the first step that says copy the oeupdmaker folder

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yes i upgraded to 3.10 from 2.81. So will it work? or do i need a downgrader?

it will not work there is no downgrader for 3.10. the only choice is to wait for one.