• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

lonelyguy

Hey x3sphere:

I kept looking for other versions of popstations and I just downloaded a nice version of PSX2PSP on this page, make the eboot file and is running perfectly. Sorry for causin you so much trouble and thanx a lot for everything. I think we all owe you big time buddy.

Once again, and the last for a long time. Thanx for all the help.....

ATT: The LoNeLy GuY

PD: You rock dude!!!!

lonelyguy

I think this is the last question. LOL.

I have 2 UMD games, GTA Liberty and Ratchet clank. GTA loads perfectly, but ratchet, wont load. when loading the game, screen goes black and nothing happends, but still PSP doesn't freeze or anything like that. Is that normal because of the frimware, or not?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think this is the last question. LOL.

I have 2 UMD games, GTA Liberty and Ratchet clank. GTA loads perfectly, but ratchet, wont load. when loading the game, screen goes black and nothing happends, but still PSP doesn't freeze or anything like that. Is that normal because of the frimware, or not?

well, the iso successfully loaded for me. are you running at 333mhz? try 222, I heard this game is buggy at higher clock speeds.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
oh well, if the ISO works, then, never mind the question. but still, how can I change the clock speeds?

via recovery menu. hold R during PSP bootup

zarathustra

Hi all,

Well, thanks to everyone who helped, I'm now running on v1.50, and am in the process of upgrading to 3.10 OE-A'. Problem is, the 150.PBP & 310.PBP files add up to 34.1MB, which obviously won't fit onto the boggo 32MB stick you get with the PSP - D'oh! Nobody mentioned that!

I'm off now to get a bigger stick - does it necessarily _have_ to have 'Magicgate', though? From writeups, it seems that's just for copy-protected data - or am I completely off-the-mark here?

Thanks again. =]

zar

shasto100

2 or 4gb card recommended

I'm off now to get a bigger stick - does it necessarily _have_ to have 'Magicgate', though? From writeups, it seems that's just for copy-protected data - or am I completely off-the-mark here?

Thanks again. =]

zar

I recommend a 2/4GB duo pro disk for PSP homebrew/gaming. Buy either Sony or SanDisk duo pro, just used with copy protection (SDMI)

gamerbase1

Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.10 OE-A. Please note that you must be running 1.50, 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE to begin this installation.

First grab the 3.10 OE-A files.

1. Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE.

2. Now download the 1.50 and 3.10 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.10 Update

3. Place these 2 updates in the oeupdmaker folder and ensure they are named exactly like this 150.PBP and 310.PBP. Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker. It will take a few minutes to create the file, once finished a DATA.DXAR will be found in the oeupdmaker folder.

4. Copy 310oeflasher and 310oeflasher% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE.

5. Copy the DATA.DXAR created in step 3 to the 310oeflasher folder.

6. Navigate to the game menu on your PSP, run the 3.10 OE-A flasher and follow the on screen instructions. Once done your PSP will now be running 3.10 OE-A :)

Just to confirm with u the file 3.10 Update that u put here is the EBOOT.PBP right.
So, I need to rename it to 310.PBP correct...thanks

gamerbase1

Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.10 OE-A. Please note that you must be running 1.50, 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE to begin this installation.

First grab the 3.10 OE-A files.

1. Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE.

2. Now download the 1.50 and 3.10 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.10 Update

3. Place these 2 updates in the oeupdmaker folder and ensure they are named exactly like this 150.PBP and 310.PBP. Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker. It will take a few minutes to create the file, once finished a DATA.DXAR will be found in the oeupdmaker folder.

4. Copy 310oeflasher and 310oeflasher% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE.

5. Copy the DATA.DXAR created in step 3 to the 310oeflasher folder.

6. Navigate to the game menu on your PSP, run the 3.10 OE-A flasher and follow the on screen instructions. Once done your PSP will now be running 3.10 OE-A :)

Just to confirm with U the file that u put here 3.10 Update is the EBOOT.PBP right...So I need to rename it to 310.PBP correct...

zarathustra

Thanks x3sphere (in particular) =]

...& DAX - & everyone else involved in the scene. No, this isn't my Oscar acceptance speech - I've just gone from a 2.81 TA-082 to a b00tiful 3.10 OE-A' - w00tage!

Off to fuXor around with it now - mebbe iRShell for the USB-ISO jobby - or perhaps the GBA emu (got over 8000 ROMS heh - all legal of course!)

TTFN

zar =]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
no problem, glad I could help :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
When i make the data.dxar it says cannot open file. What should i do?

thats simply because it can't find the updater files - do you have 150.pbp and 310.pbp in your oeupdmaker folder ?