• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.50 Downgrade Guide

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
now im overwriting the folders, which are "PSP, GAME and SAVEDATA" i believe

Then you are on track, that should have happened, it's all fine.:smile:

Cheezeball99

OKAY I MESSED UP!!! THE GAME LOADED LIKE NORMAL!!! :w00t:

Okay, what version of Lumines are you using? You're using the US or EUR version, correct? Also, you made sure you let it overwrite the folders and files in the SAVEDATA folder when you put the PSP folder on the memstick, right?

banner

the game loads to the main menu but when i press start to play the game it goes back out to the game icon (sonys menu)

Cheezeball99

Then go to your 'System Settings'>'System Information' and check if you are running 3.50HEN

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You didn't copy over the files correctly. You need to copy the PSP folder to your memory stick, and make sure if it asks you to overwrite any files you choose "Yes to all"

And you did copy over the UPDATE.PBP as well right ?

banner

Cheezeball99- yes, it goes to the main menu to where it says 'press start' on the bottom
x3sphere- yes i did that

banner

im looking at it right now and UPDATE.PBP is copy it to X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE...after i copy the "PSP" folder over..in which it overwrites about 3 folders

Cheezeball99

Then go to your 'System Settings'>'System Information' and check if you are running 3.50HEN, maybe you are. I'm sorry I'm not as knowledgable, but I haven't actually done this, for I do not have a copy of Lumines.

Cheezeball99

ROCKIN'! Now run the PSP Update ver X.YZ under the Game menu

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
the battery is charged and the firmware is 3.50 HEN within the system information

so - it worked then. Continue on with the guide.

banner

THE UPDATE LINK HERE GOES TO SONY'S OFFICIAL UPDATE PAGE. MAYBE ITS ALREADY PATCHED??????????????? :sneaky2:

banner

8. Load Lumines and press X to start the game.
9. The screen will clear to black and fill with a light blue colour, then the PSP will reset itself.

this never happened. I turned off the psp because it went back to the psp menu

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If you ran the Update X.YZ program, it wouldn't just go back to the PSP menu. Secondly, Sony does not change the firmware updates on their pages.

So, it has to be giving you some error.

Cheezeball99

Yes, but you ARE running HEN, which is what loading Lumines accomplished. You don't go to Network Update, you go to your 'Game' folder and there should be PSP Update ver X.YZ just like in the picture.

banner

okay, i just click on "PSP Update ver X.YZ" and wait a while for a screen, which is black in the backgroud with little pink fonts, saying

"Update Flasher by Dark_AleX/Noobz.
PSAR extraction code from psardumper (by PspPet).

You are about to flash your PSP.
Press X to start. By Doing so.." sorry thats all i can type down before the huge pink "START" popped up. I then press X to restart.