• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.52 M33 Install Guide

DarkDove

I have a 3.30 OE-A and I'm trying to upgrade the PSP with ur guide but instead of 3.52 M33 CREATOR, KXploit Permanent Patcher is there. I skipped the first part step, downloaded the M33CREATOR folder, put the 1.50 update and 3.52 update in the M33CREATOR folder, and put the M33CREATOR in PSP/GAME150. What did I do wrong?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have a 3.30 OE-A and I'm trying to upgrade the PSP with ur guide but instead of 3.52 M33 CREATOR, KXploit Permanent Patcher is there. I skipped the first part step, downloaded the M33CREATOR folder, put the 1.50 update and 3.52 update in the M33CREATOR folder, and put the M33CREATOR in PSP/GAME150. What did I do wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong... what is the problem exactly?

DarkDove

In the guide, it says execute "3.52 M33 CREATOR" in ur PSP but instead, the name of the program is KXploit Permanent Patcher. Do I just execute that?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
In the guide, it says execute "3.52 M33 CREATOR" in ur PSP but instead, the name of the program is KXploit Permanent Patcher. Do I just execute that?

Only if you are on firmware 1.5. If you ignored Step 1, that file shouldn't be there anyway.

Anyways... to get rid of it delete the 1.50only folder on your memory stick.

DarkDove

I think I mixed the 1.50 only firmware and 3.53 firmware EBOOT cuz I try extracting it again LOL. sorry for asking without checking wht I did wrong

sam71286

Well I got everything installed alright. But now I'm stuck on how to play iso's (with no UMD in the drive). Can anyone help me out?

Mudbone

Well I got everything installed alright. But now I'm stuck on how to play iso's (with no UMD in the drive). Can anyone help me out?
Just hold your power button up till it powers off..Then hold in the R1 button when you power it back up..This will put you in recovery mode..in recovery mode select configuration...then you will see your options for UMD mode...select No Umd:smile: now i've heard some games will still need umd, i havent run into any but i guess there out there.

Acerthief

Just hold your power button up till it powers off..Then hold in the R1 button when you power it back up..This will put you in recovery mode..in recovery mode select configuration...then you will see your options for UMD mode...select No Umd:smile: now i've heard some games will still need umd, i havent run into any but i guess there out there.

That's a way, but that's for 3.40OE-A.

Now for 3.52M33, there's a built-in menu at the main menu of your psp (aka XMB). Press home and it will come out. You can set your CPU speed, as well as the UMD mode.

Change the UMD mode to "Sony np9660", which is an ISO loader coded my sony themselves! so the compatibility is nearly 100% :D.

Mudbone

i never knew that! im on 3.71M33-3 and i cant do that.. did they do away with the feature? I still have to use recovery.
i never tried when on 3.52M33!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i never knew that! im on 3.71M33-3 and i cant do that.. did they do away with the feature? I still have to use recovery.
i never tried when on 3.52M33!

3.71 M33-3 can do it, but you need to press SELECT instead of HOME.

Mudbone

yea thanks... after acerthief told me i started hitting every button possible and i figured it out..lol
i also installed ketchups recovery prx.. very useful!

CJB1971

I tried updating my 3.330E-B,but it just got as far as the writing 3.52 firmwware bit,memory card light flashing and satyed like this for ages,downgraded to 1.50 and exact thing is still happening?Any ideas anybody??

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I tried updating my 3.330E-B,but it just got as far as the writing 3.52 firmwware bit,memory card light flashing and satyed like this for ages,downgraded to 1.50 and exact thing is still happening?Any ideas anybody??

Could be a faulty memory stick. Though first back up your files then format the stick and try again.

franciscopsp

3.51 M33 to 3.52 M33

Hey i'm kinda new to this so i was hoping you can help me. I need help upgrading from 3.51 M33 to 3.52 M33. Can you please give me the files and instructions in how to do it.THANKS:smile:

Acerthief

Hey i'm kinda new to this so i was hoping you can help me. I need help upgrading from 3.51 M33 to 3.52 M33. Can you please give me the files and instructions in how to do it.THANKS:smile:

Just simply follow the guide, all the files needed are linked as well in the guide :D

bmx life

rob is pimp
help, can i update with this if i am runing 3.02 oe-b???? im trying but i dont know if im doing it right!???? please help. :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
help, can i update with this if i am runing 3.02 oe-b???? im trying but i dont know if im doing it right!???? please help. :)

Just follow the instructions in the first post. What are you having trouble with?

VooDooChilly

Hi,im having a bit of difficulty in upgrading to 3.52m33...
I have gone throguht the guide about 3 times now and its still failing at the last hurdle, I copy everything to where it is meant to be and have double checked the file sizes of 150.pbp and 352.pbp and they are right.
I run 3.52 M33 CREATOR and that runs fine and go back into the xmb, following that I run 3.52 M33UPDATE and it goes throgh the whole flashing and installing process saying OK all the way and finishes.
I press X to shutdown which works then when I switch back on again and there is nothing! The power light is on and the memory access light flashes for a second but the screen remains blank and then nothing happens for about 15 seconds then the psp shuts down.
Can someone help me I really cant figure out what is going wrong...ive tried 2 different memory stick a 1gb and a 4gb and same problem occurs.
Help! :confused1:

franciscopsp

Hey.

I need help upgrading my psp to 3.71 M33 from 3.51 M33.
can someone please give me instructions, files,anything that can get me to 3.71 M33.