• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.52 M33 Install Guide

vp10120

Thanks for the confirmation, i have couple more questions.

I bought my PSP in Australia with AU OFW (PSP-2002), and i'm not sure if the OFWs on Dark_Alex's site are from US, wouldn't that cause trouble on this AU PSP?

second, is it possible to reserve back to OFW after i got CFW?

And last, the procedures, could you name the shortest way to update CFW? The readme files on m33 pack are confusing me. So can i skip 3.52 m33 and install with 3.52 m33-4 for first time? Then stright to 390 m33-3?

Acerthief

Thanks for the confirmation, i have couple more questions.

I bought my PSP in Australia with AU OFW (PSP-2002), and i'm not sure if the OFWs on Dark_Alex's site are from US, wouldn't that cause trouble on this AU PSP?

second, is it possible to reserve back to OFW after i got CFW?

And last, the procedures, could you name the shortest way to update CFW? The readme files on m33 pack are confusing me. So can i skip 3.52 m33 and install with 3.52 m33-4 for first time? Then stright to 390 m33-3?

The regions are compatible, only UMD Videos and some features rely on regions. As for your PSP, if you're on 3.93, Then you'll need the "Universal Unbricker" like what fearevil said. It will get you to 3.90M33-3 directly.

You may revert back to OFW, but not 3.90M33-3 -> 3.80/3.71 or older firmwares.

and slims, they only work with Universal Unbrickers, as there are no 1.5kernel on the board, you can't go to 1.5->3.52M33->3.52M33-4 ->...., in other words, slims don't use the downgrade method.

Avenger Ninja

Thanks for the guide! But I have problems running through it!

I have 3.40 OE-A and when I run the 3.52 M33 CREATOR my PSP says: "The game could not be started" and I have have done all the previous steps correctly! Can someone please help me?

NOTE: I do have 3.40 OE-A but my "Game" file name is just Game not Game150 does this have anything to do with my problem?

PLEASE HELP!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for the guide! But I have problems running through it!

I have 3.40 OE-A and when I run the 3.52 M33 CREATOR my PSP says: "The game could not be started" and I have have done all the previous steps correctly! Can someone please help me?

NOTE: I do have 3.40 OE-A but my "Game" file name is just Game not Game150 does this have anything to do with my problem?

PLEASE HELP!

If you're running OE you need to place in the files in GAME150. If the folder doesn't exist then create it.

sejad

I just tried to install 3.52 M33 and I had it on both 1.50 firm ware folder "game" and also tried on 3.40 OE firmware folder "game 150" and it said for both of them "this application doesn't apply for this firmware" wtf???? I thought I didn't have to update my current 3.40 OE firmware to 3.51 OE before going to 3.52 OE??? someone help me.

sejad

I just tried to install 3.52 M33 and I had it on both 1.50 firm ware folder "game" and also tried on 3.40 OE firmware folder "game 150" and it said for both of them "this application doesn't apply for this firmware" wtf???? I thought I didn't have to update my current 3.40 OE firmware to 3.51 OE before going to 3.52 OE??? someone help me.

can someone please answer my question I am really not getting any help anywhere.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Uh... are you trying to run the "1.50only" program in the first step? You're not supposed to run that on 3.40 OE, which is why it is displaying that message.

Golyat69

75% battery

what will happen if my battery charge is less than 75%? will it just not continue executing update or my psp will be bricked?

maharajakecil

dear x3sphere
i had read your post to upgrade firmware to 3.52 m33 but i really dont understand what you mean this "If you are running firmware 1.5, first go inside the "1.50only" folder and copy both kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% to X:/PSP/GAME and then execute the program through the game menu on the PSP". for your inormation, my slim psp is running firmware version 3.90.... please help to to install 3.52 m33

maharajakecil

Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.52 M33. Please note that you must be running 1.50, or any of the OE series firmware to begin this installation.

First grab the 3.52 M33 files and extract them.

1. If you are running firmware 1.5, first go inside the "1.50only" folder and copy both kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% to X:/PSP/GAME and then execute the program through the game menu on the PSP.

2. Copy the M33CREATOR folder to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running OE.

3. Now download the 1.50 and 3.52 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.52 Update

4. Place the two updates you downloaded in the M33CREATOR folder.

5. Navigate to the game menu on your PSP, and execute "3.52 M33 CREATOR."

6. Once finished, navigate to the game menu again and execute "3.52 M33UPDATE."

7. When finished, follow the on-screen prompt to reboot. That's it! You've now upgraded to 3.52 M33 :)

if you are running 3.40OE-A now just skip step one. start with step two, and you don't have to copy the kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% folders into your memory stick, just copy the M33CREATOR folder.

where can i get the M33CREATOR folder if my psp running version 3.90?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

abhockeyplaya

mega gold member
my psp is running official firmware 2.80 and i do exactly as the guide says, but when i try and start the update it says that the game cannot be started. how can i get it to work? is it because my psp has official firmware 2.80?