• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.52 M33 Install Guide

Acerthief

my psp is running official firmware 2.80 and i do exactly as the guide says, but when i try and start the update it says that the game cannot be started. how can i get it to work? is it because my psp has official firmware 2.80?

You need to downgrade to 1.5 first with this 2.80downgrade guide:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=595

then you may proceed to install 3.52M33 :D

afterwards update the 3.52M33-4 patch, then you may proceed to the 4.01M33 installation :D

pustayo

Hi there how long does it take for the m33 firmware creator to install the first 3 process have said ok but the writting 3.53 part has taken like 30 mins already

Please quick reply will it brick my psp if i restart it ?

Acerthief

Hi there how long does it take for the m33 firmware creator to install the first 3 process have said ok but the writting 3.53 part has taken like 30 mins already

Please quick reply will it brick my psp if i restart it ?

format your stick and try again

KainIsAble

Lord of the Pants
When I go to update to 3.52 from 1.50 I get the following message:
"Loading 1.50 firmare... File 150.PBP couldn't be opened." Any suggestions on what to do?

Acerthief

When I go to update to 3.52 from 1.50 I get the following message:
"Loading 1.50 firmare... File 150.PBP couldn't be opened." Any suggestions on what to do?

download the 150.PBP again,
or format your stick and give it a try.

KainIsAble

Lord of the Pants
I actually never downloaded the 1.50.PBP. My Pandora battery and the card for it were made for me by a friend. :)

Acerthief

hob

You need to downgrade to 1.5 first

Just wanted to say, I dug out my old 1.5 PSP from a closet today after over a year of not touching it. This advice was exactly what I needed.

Upgraded to 3.51 then 3.51-4 then 4.01 then 4.01-2. Thanks very much.

Acerthief

Just wanted to say, I dug out my old 1.5 PSP from a closet today after over a year of not touching it. This advice was exactly what I needed.

Upgraded to 3.51 then 3.51-4 then 4.01 then 4.01-2. Thanks very much.

3.52M33 ;)

openess

Problem

Hi. I want to upgrade to 4.01 M33 and for that I need 3.52 M33-3 or higher.. (am I right?)

I tried to install 3.52 M33 from official 1.5 firmware and everything seemed fine until I executed "3.52 M33 CREATOR" from my psp, as instructed. It loaded the 1.50 firmware OK but when trying to write it said "Cannot decrypt reboot.bin. Press X to exit."

What have I done wrong? , how do I do it right?

plz, help ;/

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi. I want to upgrade to 4.01 M33 and for that I need 3.52 M33-3 or higher.. (am I right?)

I tried to install 3.52 M33 from official 1.5 firmware and everything seemed fine until I executed "3.52 M33 CREATOR" from my psp, as instructed. It loaded the 1.50 firmware OK but when trying to write it said "Cannot decrypt reboot.bin. Press X to exit."

What have I done wrong? , how do I do it right?

plz, help ;/

Make sure your PSP is in 3.52 kernel mode. To check this boot into recovery by holding R at startup and look in the configuration section.

openess

Make sure your PSP is in 3.52 kernel mode. To check this boot into recovery by holding R at startup and look in the configuration section.

I can't seem to get even that working -_-' I hold R at startup but it starts in normal mode anyway, and not in recovery :/

RPK

Hi guys, well my brother appartently put custom firmware on my psp, and it is at 3.03 OE-B.
It is currently in 3.03 Kernel mode.
I'm wondering if this update will help me get to 4.01 and then to 5 or whatever the newest one is after I get it to 3.52 m33-4.
Can you guys tell me if this will work, I'm a noob this is my first time.
Can you guys also tell how to change the kernel mode to 3.52.

Thanks~ :D

beastx

Help me plz

I went to the system information tab under system settings and it shows System Software Version 3.52.
So will the 3.52 M33 emulator work on my psp?

TezBedz

My son has a PSP with 3.52 installed according to sys info, trying to update it says game won't load (DADADADA) I believe this shows it is using a Dark Alex software.

I have tried to upgrade by downloading various different upgrades, but, when I try to install it I get a message that I need 3.52 or higher.

I tried to reinstall 3.52, but that one tells me I need 1.5, that method will involve a larger memory card.

How can I upgrade?? my grandson has FIFA09 and can't play it and is not a happy little lad.

Thanks

january39

eXo Staff
My son has a PSP with 3.52 installed according to sys info, trying to update it says game won't load (DADADADA) I believe this shows it is using a Dark Alex software.

I have tried to upgrade by downloading various different upgrades, but, when I try to install it I get a message that I need 3.52 or higher.

I tried to reinstall 3.52, but that one tells me I need 1.5, that method will involve a larger memory card.

How can I upgrade?? my grandson has FIFA09 and can't play it and is not a happy little lad.

Thanks

I am assuming you have 3.52M33 given that error code, sys info confirms this?

you need to update to 3.52M33-4>3.71M33 and then straight to 5.00M33.

Before you start the updater though enter recovery. (cold off, hold RTRIGGER and turn on.) make sure kernel is set to 3.52. Run updater.

As you are already on M33 you do not need to go back to 1.50. 1.50 is simply a starting point due to major weaknesses in that Firmware Version (later closed & quickly)