• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.80 M33 Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.80 M33. Please note that you must be running 3.52 M33-3, or higher to begin this installation.

Installation Guide

First grab the 3.80 M33 files and extract them.

1. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME

2. Download the 3.80 EBOOT, and then place it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the program, it will not run unless there is 78 percent battery free.

4. Press X and the update process will start. Yes it may look similar to a regular Sony update but don't worry!

5. Once finished, the updater will ask you to press X or O to reboot. You MUST do this, otherwise you'll end up with a brick.

6. You've successfully installed 3.80 M33! Now download and install the latest M33 update by navigating to the Network Update icon located in the PSP's main menu screen (XMB). This will require an active WiFi connection. In case you do not have one, follow the manual instructions to apply the latest update here.

goemon4

seems the same as the last, thanks mate! And ty m33 for the firmware! (oh i cant wait to install this!)

EDIT - oh this is so cool, i just updated to 3.80 m33-2 via Sony's network updater... Heh, this is awesome, thanks again m33, you guys indeed rule

yo who ever is making these i love you and not gaylie u dont know how much i needed this.
btw do you know when ther comin with the gps thing on psp?

krell

hey when i try to run the update i get an error that says "cannot open file 0x80010002"

i'm currently on 3.71 M33

edit: nvm i'm a dumass
didn't follow the directions and forgot to put the 380.pbp file in the folder

Frink0078

I must be doing something wrong here, because I can't get this to work. Here's what I've done so far:

Formatted memory stick

Copied the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME

Downloaded the 3.80 EBOOT, and then placed it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Navigated to the Game menu on the PSP and executed the program, battery at 80%

Get error 80020148

on 3.52 M33-3

Please help!

ejelle

Noobie guy
Do i still need to download the 150.pbp

JeFurry

Something seems to have gone awry for me. Everything seemed to install correctly on my phat PSP, and my System Information now says "System Software: 3.80 M33".

However, no custom EBOOT.PBPs are visible - not even the M33-2 update. I put them in PSP/GAME as normal, but they don't appear on the XMB. No recovery mode settings appear to help, and even trying to launch the M33 installer again from PSP/GAME/BOOT or PSP/GAME/RECOVERY fails saying it can't launch the game.

UPDATE ------------- Problem solved.

1. Copy everything off the MS to a folder on the PC/Mac.
2. Format MS from within the PSP.
3. Copy the stuff you want back to the MS.

Looks like some corruption had occurred on the MS, making it unusable from the PSP OS (but still OK via USB). Once I did the above, everything returned to normal. I've left this message here in case it helps anyone else.

Panic over - whew!

-J.

-J.

s10003076

ermm,regarding the 3.80 m33-2
do i need to get the add on first then update to 3.80m33-2 or do i update to it then get the add on?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ermm,regarding the 3.80 m33-2
do i need to get the add on first then update to 3.80m33-2 or do i update to it then get the add on?

Update to 3.80 M33-2 first, then install the add-on.

JKing

Banned
Im running 3.52 m33 and everytime i try to update it says you must be running 3.52m33 or higher wtf.???