• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.80 M33 Install Guide

Billyjj

I tried to update my friends psp but it wouldn't work, after it exited and about to start the update it said something about the psp configuration and an error code..He is on 3.71-4 m33
anyone know the problem?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I tried to update my friends psp but it wouldn't work, after it exited and about to start the update it said something about the psp configuration and and error code..He is on 3.71-4 m33
anyone know the problem?

Did you check in Recovery Mode to make sure his GAME folder kernel setting is set to 3.71. If that doesn't help try to get the error code and post it here.

i_K

i have the same problem... well at lest with the fath model... It says: The system configuration of this PSP System does not appear to be correct.
the update cannot be completed. Contact technical support for assistance (DRNFFFFFFD7)with the slim in works without a problem.
I have tried first with the firmware 3.71 - m33 and then used pandora to reverse to 3.71 -1 m33. and still the same problem

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i have the same problem... well at lest with the fath model... It says: The system configuration of this PSP System does not appear to be correct.
the update cannot be completed. Contact technical support for assistance (DRNFFFFFFD7)with the slim in works without a problem.
I have tried first with the firmware 3.71 - m33 and then used pandora to reverse to 3.71 -1 m33. and still the same problem

Have you tried running Chilly Willy's KeyCleaner?

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1238

The error you are getting is related to key 0x4. KeyCleaner should automatically offer to fix it.

i_K

well i use Chilly Willy's KeyCleaner and the problem remains, but now the code error have change to DRNFFFFFFCD...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
well i use Chilly Willy's KeyCleaner and the problem remains, but now the code error have change to DRNFFFFFFCD...

run KeyCleaner again it should ask you to unpatch key 5.

Billyjj

Did you check in Recovery Mode to make sure his GAME folder kernel setting is set to 3.71. If that doesn't help try to get the error code and post it here.

Have you tried running Chilly Willy's KeyCleaner?

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1238

The error you are getting is related to key 0x4. KeyCleaner should automatically offer to fix it.

run KeyCleaner again it should ask you to unpatch key 5.

Thanks I will try all that on Monday.

Emmoth

I got a wierd problem too, I have updated to the 3.52 M33-3 and my system settings say that too.

But when I try to run the 3.80 M33 update it tells me that I need to have 3.52 M33-3 or higher and then reboot.

How can I fix that?
if it has something to do eith the game folder.. how do I change that? I don't know how to get in to recovery mode.. and check if the game folder is correct.

Acerthief

I got a wierd problem too, I have updated to the 3.52 M33-3 and my system settings say that too.

But when I try to run the 3.80 M33 update it tells me that I need to have 3.52 M33-3 or higher and then reboot.

How can I fix that?
if it has something to do eith the game folder.. how do I change that? I don't know how to get in to recovery mode.. and check if the game folder is correct.

Turn off your PSP completely (holding the power button up to 10 seconds), then press R while you turn on, You'll be and the Recovery Menu.

Go to "Configuration" -> "Set GAME Folder Kernel (3.52)", and you done!

Billyjj

Set it to 3.72 and still doesnt work, used the key cleaner and fixed 3 and it still doesnt work, its like the error what i_K got. ...and before on the key cleaner it said something about noobs at the bottom :confused1::confused1:

Nvm i forgot to run the key cleaner again to unpatch the key. I will try again tomorrow... :/

Vaporized

I really need help here.

I'm using a 3.71 M33-4 and I tried upgrading to 3.80 but got an error: DRNFFFFFF80

Tried using the KeyCleaner, I'm a goner..

Recovery mode, it's set on Kernel 3.71

Billyjj

I really need help here.

I'm using a 3.71 M33-4 and I tried upgrading to 3.80 but got an error: DRNFFFFFF80

Tried using the KeyCleaner, I'm a goner..

Recovery mode, it's set on Kernel 3.71

rerun the keycleaner again should ask to unpatch (?) it should work..

Vaporized

It's the same thing over and over again..

I dumped the keys, analyze it..

So I should set 0x0005 to unpatched or patched ?
It didn't tell me the unpatch/patch, I just kept analyzing it.

I gotta go, I have school tomorrow..
Maybe I'll take an screenshot of it,

See ya.