• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

ysfm

hii
ive just upgraded from From 3.71m33
it installed ok , but the system became sooooo slow
i tried to restrat, even did factory reset, still slow

any ideas wat can i do??

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hii
ive just upgraded from From 3.71m33
it installed ok , but the system became sooooo slow
i tried to restrat, even did factory reset, still slow

any ideas wat can i do??

What do you mean by slow? Have you checked to make sure the CPU speed is set at Default?

ysfm

What do you mean by slow? Have you checked to make sure the CPU speed is set at Default?

when moving around the menu
the game preview, picture move slow
when strat the game , takes long time to read

how to check the CPU speed??

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
when moving around the menu
the game preview, picture move slow
when strat the game , takes long time to read

how to check the CPU speed??

Press select in the XMB. It should be set at Default.

january39

eXo Staff
hey guys, i have 3.95 firmware, is it ok to upgrade it to 4.01 m33-2 firmware?.. thanks a lot!

On a brand new psp, Yes. Pandora & DC7 required.

If you mean CFW GEN then, no. Need to go back to 3.90M33>4.01M33.

batotoy

Hi Everyone,

Im a newbie in PSP and I just got my new PSP 2001 slim for my kid. It have a 4.01 OFW. How do I convert it to CFW? What are needed? Do i need to upgrade it to 5.00 OFW since 5.00M33 CFW is already available? Please help. Thanks!

batotoy

You need to get a pandora battery and make a magic memory stick, start here http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

Thanks Jake. I did that already. My friend has a Pandora battery & Magic Stick. He can downgrade PSP with 3.95 OFW and below but not mine that has 4.01 OFW. I checked with Dark Alex website, is it something to do with TA-088v3 mobo? I dunno if my PSP is TA-088v3, I assume it has because it's already 4.01 OFW (Am I right?). Dark Alex released new dumper for 5.00 OFW. Is this the solution to my problem? Do I need to upgrade from 4.01 to 5.00 and apply the dumper? or I still need the Pandora battery and magic mem stick to do it? Your help is much appreciated.

Jake

If it came with 4.01 on it then it is most likely a TA-088v3 which, as I understand, can not currently be hacked to run cfw. So unfortunatly you will have to wait until someone figures out how to hack the 88v3.

As for the 5.00 dumper, all it does is dumps the files for 5.00 from a 5.00 update eboot(when run from a cfw psp) so it cant help you either.

batotoy

If it came with 4.01 on it then it is most likely a TA-088v3 which, as I understand, can not currently be hacked to run cfw. So unfortunatly you will have to wait until someone figures out how to hack the 88v3.

As for the 5.00 dumper, all it does is dumps the files for 5.00 from a 5.00 update eboot(when run from a cfw psp) so it cant help you either.

Thanks for quick reply. So I have to wait :(

I believe that there's a file to download to be able to know what motherboard of PSP I am using. Is it still possible that they shipped a 4.01 OFW with v2 mobo? Are all firmwares are compatible to all PSP regardless of version of their motheboard? What if I found out that its only an updated OFW loaded on my PSP but old version of motherboard (v2), Do I still have luck to downgrade it? Or maybe its already a v3 because Pandora wont work on mine? Because I read from other forum that others accidentally upgrade their custom firmware to 4.01 OFW, does this mean that they're doomed also and got stucked on 4.01 OFW or they will still able to recover and put it back to old version?

batotoy

To be absolutely sure you can follow the instructions in this post http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=8848 you will need your friends cfw psp.

If it isnt a v3 you should be able to downgrade it with pandora. I recomend this guide http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780 you only need to do the magic memory stick part since you can get a pandora battery.

Hi Jake, I really appreciate your help. I'll get back to you as soon I tried this procedure. I'll let you know of any result. Now, I'll ask my friend to borrow his cfw psp. Thanks again. cheers!

starman208

now I have a problem: I originally started out at the official firmware, version 3.95. then, I screwed up the upgrade process, but managed to get it to 1.5. then I upgraded it to 3.52 m33, 3.52 m33-4, 4.01m33, and finally 4.01 m33-2 (the last two using your guide. thanks, btw :D). anyway, I'm having problems now. my battery, which I made into a pandora battery when trying to upgrade from 3.95 to 4.01 m33-2, won't let a system boot properly. my friends battery works fine, but mine just turns on the light but keeps the screen black when plugged in. I'm guessing I made a mistake somewhere, and since fat psp batteries are hard to come by around here, not sure how I'd replace it. some help would be greatly appreciated...

aaliyah_d

hi guys,kinda lost in all these..just got a psp slim v.4.01 m33-2..would want to load some games into it but doesn't work..tried downloading and copying-pasting it into the game directory but all it says is corrupted data. m a total wreck at this kinda thing but don't want to disappoint my kid who wants it badly...help help anybody!

Bloodcrave

if i can actually see the emulated game and it even starts, it means i did everything correctly right?
for some reason the game stuck at the now loading screen and this is the 1st time i'm dealing with psx-psp stuff so i have no idea what i'm doing basically
what i did was just copy and pasted the game folder to psp\game folder...
i'm using 4.01 m33-2 slim psp...

calvinmutts07

help me please

i'm new in this custom firmware for psp, i have a problem with my psp. i have a version of 4.01, i downloaded a game to my memory card but it wont come out to my psp and it says THERE ARE NO GAMES. i don't know what to do with this. can you please help me with this. thanks you very much. hope to hear from you soon. peace out.

MamotromicO

Problems...

I Have a PSP Fat with 3.90 M33-3 on it, and it won't upgrade to 4.01.
It runs the update program, then when verifying 401.pbp it shows "Incorrect file"

What have i done wrong? :confused1: