• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

actng

Need Help!

This is what happens when I install:

I install update folder with eboot inside game folder along with 401.PBP.
Then I run it in the game-mem stick. verifying 401.PBP-ok, verifying u235-ok.
"press x to start" it said. Then i presses x.
"Starting sce updater" then the screen went blank.
then this message came out:

"The system configuration of this PSP
system does not appear to be correct.
The update cannot be completed.
Contact the technical support for assistance,
(DRNFFFFFFBO)"

what should i do?

i have a similar problem

i updated from OFW 1.5 > CFW 3.52 M33-4
then I tried to update to 4.01 M33

ran the update process... the update bar got to about 91% then similar error msg above

system hangs... i turn it off... now nothing happens when I turn it on...

help me pls.

ters

thanks for the great guide..i got 1 question, just to verify..about this:

"5. Once finished, the updater will ask you to press X or O to reboot. You MUST do this, otherwise you'll end up with a brick."

so, what should i press? X or O = reboot? or not? thanks..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
thanks for the great guide..i got 1 question, just to verify..about this:

"5. Once finished, the updater will ask you to press X or O to reboot. You MUST do this, otherwise you'll end up with a brick."

so, what should i press? X or O = reboot? or not? thanks..

Whatever it asks you to press. Unless you have a Japanese PSP, it's probably X.

kevniakzz

@____@

me noob here some body help me..

First and foremost..

my question is..

is the firmware you guys all talking about is the same as the so called " System Software " ? on my psp's System Information?

mine's version is 3.95 what should i do..

also me don't have an ISO folder on my psp memory card..

i formatted it like others suggesting..

still no ISO folders appears.

help me please more answer please:sad::sad:

gaspar

@____@

me noob here some body help me..

First and foremost..

my question is..

is the firmware you guys all talking about is the same as the so called " System Software " ? on my psp's System Information?

mine's version is 3.95 what should i do..

also me don't have an ISO folder on my psp memory card..

i formatted it like others suggesting..

still no ISO folders appears.

help me please more answer please:sad::sad:

You're running in OFW (Official Firmware) and ISO folder appears only in CFW (Custom Firmware).
For that you're in CFW use this guide Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / PSP To Restore Any 4.01 M33-2.
Is the link http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780.

stevieboy69

hi, i am new to all this i have just bought a PSP - lite as i go on holiday next weekend and i have since found out about using coppied games. tere is a lot of jargon going on that i am not familiar with my firmware is ver. 3.6 what do i need to do to use downloaded games.

thankyou for your help

Acerthief

Can i update a PSP2000 from 3.90 (OFW) to 4.01 M33? or do i need to downgrade first?

You don't need to downgrade, but you can only use the Pandora method because you have a slim. Check the Noobs FAQ for more information.:D

Exanity

Doesn't Own a PSP
Make sure your Game folder kernel is set to 3.52 in recovery. Also try formatting the memory stick.

I got the same problem as SambaBoy. Could you please elaborate on the bolded part, because formatting the memory stick didn't solve the problem.

Thanks.

Gorgias

I'm on 3.40 OE-A.... how do I upgrade to this one?

EDIT: hmmm, I upgraded to 3.52 M33-3, then tried to install this... about 30 minutes in, and it says "unpacking....done," and seems to be stuck on "Please wait...."

I put the files into the normal GAME folder instead of the GAME150 folder, as per the intructions... I'm begining to think that perhaps that was a mistake.

What do I do?

Gorgias

I got the same problem as SambaBoy. Could you please elaborate on the bolded part, because formatting the memory stick didn't solve the problem.

Thanks.

I figured it out, I think. Hold R as the PSP is booting up, then go to configuration, then game folder kernel.

The update worked for me after that.

Project7

It works!

Sweet, I just made the Pandora's Battery and Magic Memory Stick, and successfully downgraded a friends PSP.

Once again, thanks for posting this guide, it helped a lot. :biggrin:

EDIT: Crap, sorry, wrong thread. I was supposed to post in the "Using the universal unbricker to..." thread.
But yes, thanks x3sphere.

DarkEdition

ty for guide..
But I got a problem every time I try to upgrade it, from 3.52 M33-4..

It start to says:

Unpacking.... OK
Please wait...

But no more happend...
plz help ;)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
what are the translate and SDK folders for.
do we need to install them???

No. The SDK folder is for developers and the translate folder is for those that want to translate the recovery menu into a language other than English - read the readme file for additional details on this.

actng

i have a similar problem

i updated from OFW 1.5 > CFW 3.52 M33-4
then I tried to update to 4.01 M33

ran the update process... the update bar got to about 91% then similar error msg above

system hangs... i turn it off... now nothing happens when I turn it on...

help me pls.

well i fixed it using pandora and magic memory stick.
used psp pandora deluxe v1.2 to create the magic memory stick.
the unbricker guide was good but required access to a working PSP which I did not have.

i bought pandora online from dealextreme and then a USB all-in-one card reader, magic memory stick and unbricked my PSP and flashed to 4.01 M33-2. unbricking process only took 10 minutes if even.

i suggest everyone to use pandora deluxe
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=8597

mickx3

I have this problem...Ive accidently upgraded my psp to 4.0 official now i cant seem to upgrade it to this custom firmware o_O Do i need to downgrade it?