• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

january39

eXo Staff
I Have a PSP Fat with 3.90 M33-3 on it, and it won't upgrade to 4.01.
It runs the update program, then when verifying 401.pbp it shows "Incorrect file"

What have i done wrong? :confused1:

Make sure it is not displaying as 401.Pbp.pbp, Your folder options should show a checked 'hide known file extensions' & the eboot should then be named as 400.

Otherwise re-dl the eboot and try again.

psp

Hi,
I Bought PSP2000 recently with 4.01 firmware, Can i update this 4.01 M33-2. will it work?.

Thanks & Regards.

january39

eXo Staff
Hi,
I Bought PSP2000 recently with 4.01 firmware, Can i update this 4.01 M33-2. will it work?.

Thanks & Regards.

No, M33 updates only work when you are on the M33 FW range, you need a pandora battery.

If the psp is brand new then more than likely you cannot at all.

arharhman

i hab a prob running tis with my fat psp...

everytime i run the 4.01 m33 program on my psp, it says:

unpacking..... done
please wait.....

tts all... i downloaded all the files n place them correctly in the designated folders

is there a way to solve tis prob?

EDIT: my psp version is 3.52 m33-4

EDIT: i saw a similiar prob on pg 16 on the forum...he said the prob was because he selected the wrong kernel n the prob was solved by changing the kernel thing....how to i change it?

Acerthief

i saw a similiar prob on pg 16 on the forum...he said the prob was because he selected the wrong kernel n the prob was solved by changing the kernel thing....how to i change it?

Turn off your PSP completely (not into sleep mode), Press and hold R when turning it on again. You'll be in the Recovery Mode. Go to Configuration, the go to the "Choose GAME Folder Kernel" and choose 3.52.

If this doesn't work, format your stick and try again.

melchiore

hello gud day. i just updated my psp from 3.71 M33-3 to 4.01 m33-2 i guess it run smoothly then a problem occured when i open the game i just dl it wont open and it says "game could not be started. (80020321) can anybody help me.. i dont know what to do....

january39

eXo Staff
That error code means you need to change the driver (UMD enabled should be set, i think from memory)

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt over this though.

when i open the game i just dl

melchiore

is there any step on how will i fix the problem? i really dont know bout this but im giving a shot. maybe i can fix it.. is there any idea on how to do it?

melchiore

by the way i got it its fixed already, thanks anyway. just a little setting on the configuration of the UMD. now its working fine.. thanks a lot... you have been a big help... appreciated your work...

cbbaa123

I followed all those directions however when I attempt to execute the program, it tells me

"This game cannot be started. The data is corrupt."

Something I did wrong? Please help :]

J

jx233

You are probably on Official Firmware. If you check your version, is it Version #.## instead of #.## M33-#.

J

jx233

You can change it more easily if you have a Pandora Battery and a MagicStick.

I need to know, what PSP model do you have, PSP Phat, Slim or Brite?

spc_warrior

Hey there im new to this website

I have CFW 4.01 m33 and am wondering if 4.01 m33-2 will work on my PHAT psp?

also will PSX emulated games work on it?
and what is this kernal add-on thing and do i need it for my PHAT psp?

What POPS loader will work on 4.01 m33-2 ??
if i install a popsloader will ps1 games work on 4.01 m33-2 ???
eg resident evil 1-3

and whats this about kernal? (what is it)
do you have to change it each time you play a ps1 game?

january39

eXo Staff
Hey there im new to this website

I have CFW 4.01 m33 and am wondering if 4.01 m33-2 will work on my PHAT psp?

also will PSX emulated games work on it?
and what is this kernal add-on thing and do i need it for my PHAT psp?

What POPS loader will work on 4.01 m33-2 ??
if i install a popsloader will ps1 games work on 4.01 m33-2 ???
eg resident evil 1-3

and whats this about kernal? (what is it)
do you have to change it each time you play a ps1 game?

1. Yes and i would right up to 5.00M33 (anything and everything works with the phat)

2. PSX games will work fine on it, just use the 3.80 Popsloader.

3. Kernel addon is required if you intend to use a lot of 1.50 Based Homebrew; it increases compatibilty

4. Kernel (in very simple terms) is kinda like the operating platform, for example as you are on 4.01 the kernel should be set to 4.XX - Some programs function better and specifically on the 1.50 Kernel hence the addon.

Check out my guide for some further info, just hit the link in my signature :smile:

spc_warrior

thanks for the help....

so one last question
if a game works better with 3.52 poploader and i have 3.80 popslaoder installed what do i do?
do i install 3.52 and uninstall 3.8? or what?

oh and also
on this page
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5531
it says
4. Download the firmware update that corresponds to the version of POPS that you would like to install.
if i have 4.01 m33-2 do i skip that step?

Alex

hmm.. after that, where should i put my ISOs ?

you put them in the ISO folder at the root of your folder if u havent got 1 make 1

ie

X:/ISO/whatevergamename.iso

X is being the drive letter of you psp

chink11

plz help me

i have a 3.80 m33-5 on psp fat

then i update to 4.01 just like the site said before upgrading 4.01 m33-2

i tried starting my 4.01 m33-2 and then it said (the game could not be started) 80012***

i update to 4.01 so what did i do wrong this tym??

email me in whiteknight_112005@yahoo.com for your kind answers....tnx = p