• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

amiel

hey.guys

:confused1:
Help me please..i'ved followed all the steps to updated my psp version 4.01 but when every time i tried to start the game it always says"the game could not be started"and then a number (80020148)

january39

eXo Staff
You are on OFW and so the updater will not work and you get that error msg. (unsupported PRX type)

You need a Pandora battery & MMS (hit the link to the guide in my sig) but if your PSP is a slim and its brand new OR came with 4.01 outta the box then it is likely you have a TA-088v3 and so need to update to 5.03 OFW and use chickHEN and the CFE.

SO, can you answer those Q's?

PS Please do not triple post, we will help you trust me ;)

amiel

yes. my PSP is a slim and its brand new with 4.01 outta the box then it is likely you have a TA-088v3 and so need to update to 5.03 OFW and use chickHEN and the CFE.

im sorry but i dont understand what chickHEN and CFE means..
and can you please give me a walkthrough to update that 5.03 OFW

Alex

just download the 503 eboot
rename it to EBOOT.PBP
Place it PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ <-eboot go there
then run it.

Alex

So install the 5.03 to your PSP then download and install chickHEN R2

Mamaro

Good day :)
have a question, this show when i turn on PSP.
firmwere on my psp are 4.01 old one i think

pspproblem.jpg

how can fix this?!
if i install this 4.01 M33 will fix this problem!?
i can Upgrading to 4.01 M33-2?!?

really thx for attention, i think this happen when i donwload a few psx games for psp and put that in game folder but now i have del all files and folders rescover with a old backup have but keep dont work.

problems detect:
a few games lost one funtion, key funtion.
exemple: Burout dominator dont get boots, Burnout great hits permanent boost, monster hunters when you draw sword can move or remove sword again etc....

some one know what to do!?

really thx one more time for attention

if this is a wrong place to post sorry.

january39

eXo Staff
Im really not sure what your problem is?

Always update to the latest update, the screenshot is of recovery mode which is not a fault.....Simply exit back to xmb.

Clarify?

Mamaro

yes i do that but problem keep there....what can i do to fix problem!?
can i instal this firmware 4.01? :D
i think this is diferent from what i have :D

january39

eXo Staff
Reflash the FW to 5.00M33-6 using DC8.

That will wipe all the flash drives and so techinically solve your problem.

xybolt

in fact, I can handle this...
but the BOOT.pbp file don't load

boot= ' PSP update of 4.01 '

result:
the game cannot start
the data is damaged

do you know an aid to fix it ? :p

angelsniper45

in fact, I can handle this...
but the BOOT.pbp file don't load

boot= ' PSP update of 4.01 '

result:

do you know an aid to fix it ? :p

Try redownloading it, and its to pose to be named eboot.pbp, not BOOT.pbp, thats probably your problem right there.

angelsniper45

thanks for clearing it up.

but it shouldnt really matter as long as its got eboot as the name and pbp as the file extension

ianwuk

I am still on firmware 3.90 M33-3 with a PSP1000.

I am new to upgrading my firmware and do not want to brick my PSP. I assume it is safe for me to use the Network Update option to upgrade the firmware? I already enabled the M33 update option in the recovery menu.

Do I need to backup my saved games before upgrading? Also, my internet connection is not the best, if the network update option times out my PSP will not die will it?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

ianwuk

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I am still on firmware 3.90 M33-3 with a PSP1000.

I am new to upgrading my firmware and do not want to brick my PSP. I assume it is safe for me to use the Network Update option to upgrade the firmware? I already enabled the M33 update option in the recovery menu.

Do I need to backup my saved games before upgrading? Also, my internet connection is not the best, if the network update option times out my PSP will not die will it?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

ianwuk

Network Update should work but I can't say for certain as I never went straight from 3.90 to 5.00 xD
You don't have to worry about your PSP dying due to internet as the PSP downloads all the files before it attempts to write to flash and if it cannot then it aborts the update process.

Jo7Luke

Sup All, noob to this tread. I've got some trouble with updating my PSP 1001 (FAT). I do as the tread said & add all the files but I get an error. While it's not really a error... the program runs for along time(overnight). It gives me the following info.: Unpacking... done. Please wait... So I waited & waited & waited over night. I still get the same screen! I have M33 3.52-4 current install, please help!