• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

5.00 M33-3 release

kevind

<p>I have a fat psp with 3.90m33-3, how can i upgrade to 5.00m33-3, i already downloaded the .rar file 500m33_3, but it only contains the update folder and EBOOT.PBP inside, and i already downloaded the official 500 firmware of sony, will i be able to have the 5.00m33-3 immediately even if i only have the 500pbp file and ebootPBP?</p>
<p>YOUR HELP WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!</p>

Ann

<p>help pls
psp version can downgrade?????
i update from 4.71 to 5.03
but after update.....i cannot play game already
wat happen????
can any help me pls??
thx 4 help</p>

RADE

<p>JAKE i need help..i have sony psp 3004-PB version 4.21..is there way i can play pirate iso games.pls help</p>

Acerthief

<p>JAKE i need help..i have sony psp 3004-PB version 4.21..is there way i can play pirate iso games.pls help</p>

Err... no you can't. Your PSP is too new and it's illegal. Read the rules.
Thanks!

ChibiChan

<p>I just updated my PSP from version 4.01 M33 to 5.0M33-6 and it seemed to work fine... But the PSP crashes whenever I try to run any of the game and pretty much every app... So.. wtf? Do I need to rehack this? i mean.. Its technically on the appropiate version and I can still do a ot of the stuff.. so..?</p>

J

jx233

ChibiChan said:
<p>I just updated my PSP from version 4.01 M33 to 5.0M33-6 and it seemed to work fine... But the PSP crashes whenever I try to run any of the game and pretty much every app... So.. wtf? Do I need to rehack this? i mean.. Its technically on the appropiate version and I can still do a ot of the stuff.. so..?</p>

First go to Recovery Menu (hold the "R' button when turning on PSP), and "format flash1 and reset default settings", that should fix your problem. :smile:

ChibiChan

<p>I reset the Stick yesterday... And its still the same.. I'll do it again I guess But I dont think its gonna help.. hanks I guess... But still not working after that, 0 change >> all it did was make me config my stuff again.</p>

J

jx233

ChibiChan said:
reset the Stick yesterday... And its still the same.. I'll do it again I guess But I dont think its gonna help.. hanks I guess... But still not working after that, 0 change >> all it did was make me config my stuff again.

Well, you have to downgrade back to an older version like 3.90 M33-3 using Hellcat's Recovery Flasher . After that, update again to 5.00 M33-6

Why do that? Because I heard somewhere that updating from 4.01 M33 to 5.00 M33 versions caused some problems. If you update from 3.90 M33-3 then maybe, things will work out. :smile:

ChibiChan

<p>Wow well, I got the Recovery Flasher.... Installed it... But the PSP crashes all the same when I run it O-o, ouch.... Even from the recovery menu it will shut down... >< Nya... Thanks again... But I'm still screwed...</p>

J

jx233

ChibiChan said:
<p>Wow well, I got the Recovery Flasher.... Installed it... But the PSP crashes all the same when I run it O-o, ouch.... Even from the recovery menu it will shut down... >< Nya... Thanks again... But I'm still screwed...</p>

If you have a Pandora Battery and MagicStick, install DC8 to the MagicStick, and fix your PSP from there. DC8 installs 5.00 M33-4, but after that you can update to M33-6.

ChibiChan

<p>In other words.. Kinda like re-hacking the thing, alright... Last resort ^^; Thanks a bunch for everything Kay ^_-

J

jx233

What kind of PSP do you have, is it Phat or Slim?

If its a new PSP Slim, that came with version 4.00/4.01/4.05, then it cannot be modded to 5.00 M33-4.

J

jx233

what can be modded.

PSPNOOBIE said:
Can it be modded at all.

If its a PSP Phat, then yes it can be modded with a Pandora Battery and MagicStick.

If its a PSP Slim that came with official firmware 3.95 or lower when you bought it, it can be modded with a Pandora Battery and MagicStick.

If it came with 4.01 or higher when you bought it, sorry its the PSP with the unhackable/unmoddable TA-088 V3 motherboard.

Get a spare MemoryStick, and use PSP Pandora Deluxe to make a MagicStick. Buy a Pandora battery online (like a Datel Tool battery).

snafu_fubar

5.00 M33-3 Problem

Hi Guys, sorry if this has been asked before

Have my psp on 5.00 M33-3, have been upgrading every now and then. I have quite a few games downloaded for it now and always test them as I go along. Since I uped the firmware to 5.00 M33-3 I've not had any problems, until I tried playing warhammer squad command - The PSP logo comes up and then it hangs on a black screen. It isnt the game file, have tested it on my old firmware and a mates one that I havnt upgraded yet. Any ideas? Would be greatful

Cheers, SNAfU