• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

5.00 M33-6 Easy Installation Guide

Bruce_W

I found great information here, thank you. But still need your help, I have a PSP Fat with 3.71 M33-2, I just want to play games (ISO and CSO) what improvements do it gets from the upgrade to 5.00 M33-6?

huh1678

trouble with installation

I am upgrading from 3.52 M33-4
Screen says
unpacking.... done.
Please wait.....

Has been like this for 30 mins
What is going on?
Thanks

i am having the same exact problem from 3.52 M33-4 to 5.00 m33-6
If anyone have a solution to this problem that would be awesome.(psp fat)

thanks

i have found the solution :)

sadeedp

3.90 M33-3 to 5.00 M33-6

You can upgrade to this version from yours, it's ok.

Q-1: I have a slim psp with CFW 3.90 M33-3. Can i upgrade this to 5.00 M33-6?
Q-2: Is the upgrade need a wifi connection..

Awaiting for the reply
Thanks,
sadeedp

edskii

Q-1: I have a slim psp with CFW 3.90 M33-3. Can i upgrade this to 5.00 M33-6?
Q-2: Is the upgrade need a wifi connection..

Awaiting for the reply
Thanks,
sadeedp

also facing the same issue and after reading endless amount of posts here I think the first step would be to downgrade to have a 1.5 PSP. This is where i'm stuck as there is no downgrade guide for a slim, CFW 3.90 M33-3. i do have a pandora battery
Ultimately, I want to upgrade to a version 5.5 or 6 but would this simple as just installing them over the 1.5 version?

many thanks

MenaceInc

Staff Member
also facing the same issue and after reading endless amount of posts here I think the first step would be to downgrade to have a 1.5 PSP. This is where i'm stuck as there is no downgrade guide for a slim, CFW 3.90 M33-3. i do have a pandora battery
Ultimately, I want to upgrade to a version 5.5 or 6 but would this simple as just installing them over the 1.5 version?

many thanks

Using a Pandora kit made with DC8, you can upgrade straight to 5.00 M33-6 which is the latest M33 cfw. There is also 5.50 Gen cfw but I haven't personally used it.

edskii

Using a Pandora kit made with DC8, you can upgrade straight to 5.00 M33-6 which is the latest M33 cfw. There is also 5.50 Gen cfw but I haven't personally used it.

Thanks MenaceInc, can you please elaborate on the method here? as i already have a Pandora battery. Are you suggesting to create another Pandora battery with DC8?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Thanks MenaceInc, can you please elaborate on the method here? as i already have a Pandora battery. Are you suggesting to create another Pandora battery with DC8?

Yea, you can just make the Magic Memory Stick with DC8 and use your pandora battery as it is.

angelsniper45

No they wont, you have to download the 5.00m33 pops. You can find it on D_As site.

rmaoun

I have read everything, but I still want to make sure I got it.

My PSP is on the CFW 3.90 M33-2 and with Kernel 1.50.

All I need to do is download both files in the tutorial, put them in GAME folder (the 500.PBP file inside UPDATE folder), and the run it from the XMB?

Then it's okay to go directly from 3.90 M33-2 to 5.00 M33-6 even with Kernel 1.50 activated?

Thank you.

maxse7en

If i have psp 2006 with ofw 5.01 how can i upgrade it to cfw 5.00 m33-6? Thanks you can mail your great answer to me directly.

Defiled

ahh i downloaded and everything (I currently have 3.90M33-3, its been a while since i played psp) and when i start up the installer it says " verifying 500 PBP" then says incorrect file and restarts, when i go back to see my firmware it still sells 3.90 m33-3 help please

Thx.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
ahh i downloaded and everything (I currently have 3.90M33-3, its been a while since i played psp) and when i start up the installer it says " verifying 500 PBP" then says incorrect file and restarts, when i go back to see my firmware it still sells 3.90 m33-3 help please

Thx.

Sounds like a corrupted file. I'd recommend redownloading the file from http://downloads.exophase.com/162/psp-firmware-500/ and putting the 500.pbp on the root of the memory card.
If that fails, then it may be an issue with the memory card itself (it could have bad blocks on it). You could try reformatting it and trying again to see if that helps.

hussein7

I have OFW 5.03 and am running chickHen. when I go to my settings for system software it shows 5.00 M-33. Will the 5.00 M33-6 upgrade work for me? I dont want to try anything for the fear I might brick my PSP.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I have OFW 5.03 and am running chickHen. when I go to my settings for system software it shows 5.00 M-33. Will the 5.00 M33-6 upgrade work for me? I dont want to try anything for the fear I might brick my PSP.

Since you're running ChickHEN, I'll have to assume that you own a 3k PSP in which case you cannot upgrade to M33-6

pvuckovic

Some problems........

Hi,
First I would like to thank you for that super easy instruction how to install 500 M33-6, I have moved from 3.71 to it. Everything went nice and now my old psp is working nice (I have it since early 2005). Now I have some problems with new , bat also with some old, games that use to work with no problem, I