• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

5.00 M33-6 Easy Installation Guide

El Diablo

Yeah thanks I couldn't find the CFW thread from mfm but found it after.

elite

Oldie moldie
Guys, for anyone who wants to easily upgrade to latest CFWs (5.00 M33-6, 5.50 GEN-D3 Final) can check this thread.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i open the update in my psp, but it says this "it wasnt possible to start the game.(80020148 )" help please!

At 4.05, there's no direct upgrade path to custom firmware unfortunately. However, depending upon the model and mobo revision you may be able to install 5.00 M33 on it using a Pandora battery. There are several guides that will help you identify this information.

If you find your PSP is incompatible with the Pandora method, there are other alternatives, like ChickHEN. Do a search.

santipotpot

hi, i have a 3.52 M33 firmware. can i follow the guide posted on this thread without worrying that my psp would be brick? sorry for the noob question since this is the first time that i will try to update the firmware since i got my psp. thanks!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi, i have a 3.52 M33 firmware. can i follow the guide posted on this thread without worrying that my psp would be brick? sorry for the noob question since this is the first time that i will try to update the firmware since i got my psp. thanks!

Well, yes, provided you have at least updated to 3.52 M33-3 or higher. The 5.00 M33 installer will not run otherwise.

Linard

Update from 3.90 m33-3 to this one

Hi
I have PSP with 3.90 M33-3
Can I safely install this update 5.00 M33-6
Is it possible to do network Update?
I have downloaded the update 5.00 M33-6 and I put the update folder in the memory stick game folder
do I need sony update as 500.PBP? If yes where to get it from?
sorry for these questions I am new on PSP world but I know a lot when it comes to Wii:)
Thanks

computerdog

Great tutorial and easy to follow.

The problem I am having however is that all my saved data is corrupt and won't load. Can I fix this? If not then one of the steps in the tutorial should suggest that users backup their data first.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Great tutorial and easy to follow.

The problem I am having however is that all my saved data is corrupt and won't load. Can I fix this? If not then one of the steps in the tutorial should suggest that users backup their data first.

If it's the problem I'm thinking of, your saves aren't entirely corrupt. They will still work on the firmware you upgraded from. It seems like a mismatch of decryption keys causes it, perhaps earlier M33 revisions did not save properly, although I've never experienced this myself.

Check out Savegame Deemer, it can decrypt and load the resulting saves. It may fail if the FW itself lacks the necessary keys, but worth a try anyway.

computerdog

Thank you for your quick reply x3sphere!

I did some research this afternoon on the web and it seems that loads of people have similar problems although no real explanation why upgrades won't run saved data from games run in previous version.

All I did today was upgrade my psp from 3.90 M33-2 to 5.00 M33-6 with the 5.00 M33-6 Easy Installation Guide tutorial from this thread (and a bit of help from january39).

The upgrade worked a treat and everything seems fine i.e. games work, I can browse the internet etc.

So decided to play a game and load my saved game (which was last played on 3.90 M33-2) but I got an error message saying unable to load file due to the file being corrupt.

So I continued to search the web and came across loads of people having similar problems and found this http://www.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?137188-Corrupt-Saved-Game-on-MHP2G-after-firmware-upgrade. But I'm not having any success because at step 5 when I come out of freecheat after selecting dump memory mode my screen goes blank but I can still here the game music. I try and save the game etc. but I just can't get to convert my saved game into a playable saved game file.

Thank you for posting savegame deemer. I'll check it out and hopefully it will work.

pspsing

Wow, it's extremely easiest way of upgrading my 3.71 M33 to 5.00 M33-6. Thanks !

But I face a couple of problem after that, I don't care about reading the savedata from prev version, but:
1. When loading an iso, it shows "The game could not be started. (80020148 )"
2. Or, for some iso, it just loading with blank screen and non-stop. and can't be reboot, I had to remove the battery to reboot it.

Any idea how to fix it?

Alex

Wow, it's extremely easiest way of upgrading my 3.71 M33 to 5.00 M33-6. Thanks !

But I face a couple of problem after that, I don't care about reading the savedata from prev version, but:
2. Or, for some iso, it just loading with blank screen and non-stop. and can't be reboot, I had to remove the battery to reboot it.

Any idea how to fix it?

Try changing the iso drivers. Also, some games only work with 371m33. So if you want to carry on playing your old games, install time machine

pspsing

Any idea how to fix it?

Blank screen is due to the filename contains non-english character, the games worked after removing the character.

error-80020148 was because of the file was corrupted (i think), download the file again from different source, it works!

Thanks.

alejandrostyl

Hello plz someone help in this...i had a 3.90 M32 firmware and i did the follow steps from this site to upgrade it to 5.00 m33-6.
i did the upgrade...but when i start an iso "the game could not be started)...i did the same with the member pspsing but nothing happened i tried with many iso's but still not running...plz help me

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hello plz someone help in this...i had a 3.90 M32 firmware and i did the follow steps from this site to upgrade it to 5.00 m33-6.
i did the upgrade...but when i start an iso "the game could not be started)...i did the same with the member pspsing but nothing happened i tried with many iso's but still not running...plz help me

Have you tried with the UMDs to ensure that it's not just a bad ISO rip you made?

RnGDeNiieR

umm i was just wondering.. is it possible if i can play games like god of war ghost of sparta which include 6.31 firmware on 5.00 m33-6?

Twister2099

Help please!

I have 3.90 M33-2 when am upgrading it by following steps it uppacks and all but when verifying 500.PBP file, it says incorrect file, so what am I to do now?