• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

AFKIM3 - Universal Messenger Client for PSP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Danzel is back with an update to AFKIM, the universal messenger client for PSP. It currently supports a variety of chat protocols, including AIM, ICQ, MSN, GTalk, and Yahoo!. New to this release is support for the OE kernel (WPA connections will now work), faster display rendering, improvements in WiFi handling and an updated menu system.

started8.png

The changelog for AFKIM3 is as follows:

Much better, more usable program.
Works in OE kernel, DHCP ONLY CURRENTLY, not sure why static IP address doesn't work.
Faster display rendering (Keyboard lags less)
Better wifi handling - User can rechoose which to connect to if connecting fails.
Better menu system, lots more menu items.
- Away / Back
- Remove Account
- Reconnect to Wifi (No more quitting AFKIM to reconnect! yay)
- Get Buddy Details
- Rename Buddy
- Block/Unblock Buddy
- Delete Buddy
Fixes related to pressing buttons, menus now continue scrolling if you hold up or down.
Better connection handling.
Many many code cleanups
Fix memory leaks (introduce a new known one Sad )

--2 and a bit
Quit option.
Ability to use start as well as X to go buddy select -> chat.
FIX: Editting text box with space messes up display.
FIX: Account details don't save sometimes.

Download AFKIM3 for OE / AFKIM3 for 1.5

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
how can i install this on my psp i have FW 3.10 OE A'

Just like any homebrew.. make an "afkim" folder in the GAME folder on your memory stick, then transfer over the files from the archive.

hidehide

Hi,
I just tried to use it last night.. I opened it, then i choose a connection and press "start"
It says connecting states 2of4, 3of4, then its says resolved failed.. and the psp closed itself..

I just tried it now again, and this time it say resolved, Connecting
Connected, Identifying..
Then it stops...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi,
I just tried to use it last night.. I opened it, then i choose a connection and press "start"
It says connecting states 2of4, 3of4, then its says resolved failed.. and the psp closed itself..

I just tried it now again, and this time it say resolved, Connecting
Connected, Identifying..
Then it stops...

mm.. WPA connection?

if so try putting it in

ms0:/PSP/GAME310

In order for WPA connections to work it must be ran from the 3.10 kernel

hidehide

mm.. WPA connection?

if so try putting it in

ms0:/PSP/GAME310

In order for WPA connections to work it must be ran from the 3.10 kernel
Its WEP..
Anyway, I still tried to put it in game310, but I still got stuck in the identifying process...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Its WEP..
Anyway, I still tried to put it in game310, but I still got stuck in the identifying process...

ah ok, sounds like a router issue then..

try forwarding port 5190 (I believe thats the AIM port), disable any hardware firewalls etc.. or try without WEP just to see if it works. Thats all I can really think of atm

hidehide

ah ok, sounds like a router issue then..

try forwarding port 5190 (I believe thats the AIM port), disable any hardware firewalls etc.. or try without WEP just to see if it works. Thats all I can really think of atm
Ok.. thanks.. I will try it later.
Once again, thanks :)

yasagani

different problem

ok I tried running it from GAME and GAME340 folders and I got a "Resolving... Failed to resolve" message then it froze my PSP. does that everytime and I have to hard reset. any suggestions?

edit: I think it's because I'm connecting from a static IP address on my PSP. not sure tho.

Piti

Works fine on 3.40 OE-A.
Only DHCP with WPA works.
With static IP doesn't work by me.

I hope the next Version works with static IP then i happy.

edit:

Can i edit the port?
What for a port use AFKIM3?
When AFKIM3 use 5190 can i edit this?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Works fine on 3.40 OE-A.
Only DHCP with WPA works.
With static IP doesn't work by me.

I hope the next Version works with static IP then i happy.

edit:

Can i edit the port?
What for a port use AFKIM3?
When AFKIM3 use 5190 can i edit this?

well from what I know 5190 is the standard AIM port. dunno if AIM will allow you to connect on other ports. nothing in the readme talks about the editing of the port.

Vader: well I don't know which OE version you are running. but if it's 3.40 OE then you have to make sure you placed the program in the GAME340 folder.

Darkchild

The Doctor
I try to use my login from MSN and it doesn't work, It connects, asks me username and pass, after I input everything it says:

Resolving
Resolved, Connecting
Connected, Identifying