• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Apple's fall 2010 event

Riorio99

So they bring back the buttons on the Shuffle (smart move), touch screen on the Nano (seems like a bad move, but we'll wait and see) and slim out the Touch, with some shiny new features. Not a bad round-up.

Seth

MD Party Room
When the iPad was announced I thought it was stupid. The new nano has it beat by a mile.

I dont see why, it a nano that can be clipped and is really small.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

It's a touch-screen Shuffle, only being that you can select your songs. You can no longer play video, use the camera it once had (last generation) or see as much content on the screen. It's harder to browser through your content or skip a song. I don't see any reason why they needed a touch screen on it other than just as a gimmick to buy it.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran

That is the purpose of the shuffle. Leave the touch interface to the iPhone and iPod touch. Not everybody wants a touch screen.
This is a clear sign that apple is running out of ideas.

Seth

MD Party Room
It's a touch-screen Shuffle, only being that you can select your songs. You can no longer play video, use the camera it once had (last generation) or see as much content on the screen. It's harder to browser through your content or skip a song. I don't see any reason why they needed a touch screen on it other than just as a gimmick to buy it.

Valid points, it just looks so cool. Well im going to buy a ipod Touch and the Apple tv is really temping to get since my wii is not the world best media stream for my downstairs tv, I just hoped it get hacked with xvid support. Or have some kind of DLNA support.

Any word on how Apple Tv streams the media from your pc? It says you dont need to sync with Itunes, but no word on how it get the media from the pc.

Seth

MD Party Room
.7 MP back camera is just sad for the ipod touch :( and it doesnt even have flash on the back like the Iphone is also a deal breaker.
I was excited to buy one but such a crippled camera is a deal breaker.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
.7 MP back camera is just sad for the ipod touch :( and it doesnt even have flash on the back like the Iphone is also a deal breaker.
I was excited to buy one but such a crippled camera is a deal breaker.

it still records HD video though :|

If I didn't have any iPhone at all, I would get a new iPod touch for sure.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
it still records HD video though :|

If I didn't have any iPhone at all, I would get a new iPod touch for sure.

HD video at .7 MP? Must have some serious grain.

I like the minimalistic look of this nano, but the Zune HD suffices for all my music needs. Can't see myself buying another MP3 player anytime soon.