• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

(Appstore Game) Organic Blocks (WIP)

madsoul

hi!

a guy and me are making an action puzzle game for the iphone and ipod touch! just thought i would give you guys a sneek peek.

iphoneorgantitlescreen.png

iphoneorgan.png

the main focus in this game is to get the right colour into the right block. you do that by removing incoming circles by double tapping on the chosen one. for each succesfull match the block above shows how many block you have left to complete to get to the next level. for each level it gets faster, you get more rows with blocks to fill and other things happen. there are also special power to gain by waiting for a random power up that appears in the corners. youl have 4 sec to get them before they disapear.

thats it for now. not much coding has been done yet but we hope we will finnish it soon. :)

comments and thoughts would be nice. thanks!

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Holding my iPhone in my hand and looking at your screen shots, the only comment I would make is that maybe consider making this a landscape game. It looks like it might be a little cramp and uncomfortable to play a game with both thumbs to double-tap things in rapid succession. Especially with your thumbs covering most of the screen.

Other than that, looks pretty cool. Make sure to keep us posted.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Now I just wish my iPod wouldn't die on me if I leave it idled for a few hours. Looks like a great game with great graphics/art :)

madsoul

Holding my iPhone in my hand and looking at your screen shots, the only comment I would make is that maybe consider making this a landscape game. It looks like it might be a little cramp and uncomfortable to play a game with both thumbs to double-tap things in rapid succession. Especially with your thumbs covering most of the screen.

Other than that, looks pretty cool. Make sure to keep us posted.

yeah your right. maybe having an option to turn it sideways? we should try. anyways, thanks for the suggestion! :)

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Looks very impressive. Reminds me of the extra levels in Tap Tap Dance...

Cryox

Bro.
This looks like it would be great for killing a lot of time,

*sigh* just one more reason for me to get a itouch...

madsoul

a little better info

EGjtXSVqD.png

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM EST ----------

Lol, no problem. I'm just curious :blushing:. It really does look good though. I look forward to getting it. How much are you guys going to be selling for?

i dunno really. we havent thought that far yet. what do you think would be a reasonable prize?

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
i dunno really. we havent thought that far yet. what do you think would be a reasonable prize?

From my experience (and I have yet to release a game; I've only released an app), $2 USD would seem ok I think. It depends on how many modes, levels and such that you are planning on having. Will you have online leaderboards? Multiplayer (if it's possible). Think what features the game will have. It'll help to determine the price range.

I'm sorry I can't give much more advice, I'm light years away with my games for iPhone. :mellow:

Vee

Awesome. I can imagine seeing that in the top 25 easily. Lets just hope that guy whos coding it is as good as you are at graphics.