• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Blur Discussion

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Figured I'd make a proper thread for Blur since the only threads we have are in the news articles section. I noticed TeamOverload played quite a bit of this already, what does everyone else think of the game?

I'm finding that if you are able to get ahead of the pack in the first half of the first lap you are almost guaranteed to win. The only time I really get in anything lower than 1st place is when I make a stupid mistake or take a wrong turn on maps that lack a lot of nitro :( So far I think I've come in top 3 of all my races and one of those I was about to win but the guy I hit with my shunt, I ran right into his rear end to push him over the finish!

I'll definitely be picking this game up when it comes out and hopefully will encourage my friends to as well, seems like it will be a great party game (which the main two consoles seem to be lacking a lot lately)

TeamOverload

Glad to see an official thread popping up for this. You're the only person on my friends list who had played it as of last night, and since you're so beastly at the game you're making me look bad >_<

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Glad to see an official thread popping up for this. You're the only person on my friends list who had played it as of last night, and since you're so beastly at the game you're making me look bad >_<

I was surprised to see that you played so many when I logged on this morning :p The one thing I like about this game compared to Mario Kart is that if you are slightly behind you don't necessarily have to rely on powerups to get you ahead, if you can drive around the corners better and use your powerups wisely you can get ahead of the pack or gain ground quickly.

Also a double-edged sword: the game doesn't favor those in the back (like Mario Kart did with the random powerups, giving more powerful ones to those slightly behind). While that's good for those in front, being in back is tough luck in this game. When you do get close to the enemies they just blast you away so distancing yourself from the group and getting a head of them is key

El Diablo

I'm so jealous I wish I could play this game :(.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I finally got to rank 10 and boy was it worth it.
Supercar Racing is insane and I love it

You really haven't experienced the game until you've played this mode

Robby

Los Doyers!
I started to play this some more today and I am really starting to dig it. At first I would always end up at the end of the pack, but now every race I do, I come in 1st or 2nd place.
Really fun game, I added it to my gamefly list. I can see the Mario Kart similarities in this game, which is good.

TeamOverload

I finally got to rank 10 and boy was it worth it.
Supercar Racing is insane and I love it

You really haven't experienced the game until you've played this mode

Definitely is so much more intense. Wish there was more than two cars to choose from though. How many cars are said to be in the full game any idea?
Also does anyone know when the beta level cap is being bumped from 10 to 15?

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I love it. Probably one of the best racing games in a long time. If they add in an option for bots during split screen mode the game would be more or less perfect.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just played a bunch of games last night, overall I had a 10 win streak going on between my two sessions (8 win streak, then took a break and came back for a late-night 2 win streak).

My closest race I was in second after finishing the first lap and was able to overcome the player in first on the second lap (even though he had a 5-10 second lead ahead of everyone else). Just had to use a lot of shunts, the occasional shock and then once I got closer I used the mine as a missile a few times and barge to knock him out of the lead.

Also, while the beta has a few cars to select from, I'm finding that certain cars are great for certain courses while other cars, while faster, aren't so great. Really need to choose your car carefully: the fastest one isn't always the best. Most of the time I'm using the stock/default cars that the beta began with and those seem to be holding up very well.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I played a little bit and one of the games I joined the winner was going o n a 23 winstreak

Not surprised, it's really easy for someone who is good at this game to come in first. I find that the majority of the people I play against aren't exactly good at the game. Most players seem to be taking the long ways around just because they have nitro but don't realize that in the long-run that those are longer even with nitro.

I just played 3 races tonight, winning all 3 and was actually behind for 2 laps at one point. Although I was able to overtake the leader easily just by out-maneuvering around corners and using my power-ups wisely. If the guy was any better he might've been able to dodge my power-ups that I used (mines, shock, shunts) but I still got him. The key to gaining the lead is to separate yourself from the back group first and then start using your power-ups to target the guy in first. Don't use a power-up as soon as you get it, save it until you can get a good combo of power-ups on him or close enough to where you could barge or mine him.

Basically: once someone who is good at the game grabs the leader position, they've pretty much secured themselves the win. All the times I've been behind for the first lap I've come ahead by using "shortcuts" and saving my power-ups for combo attacks.

Hope all that makes sense, my mind is overflowing with school work right now

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'm not very sure which routes are considered shortcuts or even if I'm taking them but I always seem to find myself in the top 4 in 10 player races and the bottom 7 in 20 player races. What really annoys me is that in 20 player races is that once I get the lead about midway through lap one, someone uses nitro to ram me into a turn. Right before I retake my spot the rest of the pack follows and barrages me with shunts and mines, leaving me with 0 health and last place.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm not very sure which routes are considered shortcuts or even if I'm taking them but I always seem to find myself in the top 4 in 10 player races and the bottom 7 in 20 player races. What really annoys me is that in 20 player races is that once I get the lead about midway through lap one, someone uses nitro to ram me into a turn. Right before I retake my spot the rest of the pack follows and barrages me with shunts and mines, leaving me with 0 health and last place.

Generally it's the inside track and/or the one that is furthest to the right. I don't recall the names of the races but with the LA Docks one at least, at the first fork go to the one that has the barge power-up and then when you reach the intersection take a sharp right and then hang right. I find most people hang to the left and while that offers at least a chance at two nitros, it is longer in the end and I often come out ahead by taking my route.

Also on the one with Sheilds and Bolt as the starting power-up and the immediate corner (is that Tokyo?) you'll want to hang right when the highway splits in two and not take the outermost route (even though it has nitro).

Another race, the 2-lap race one I believe, you'll want to hang right after the first nitro and cross over the bridge in the top right and try to grab that nitro as well.

ilyace

Played the demo, I guess it was fun, but not something I'd actually buy. I have an extra beta key if anybody needs it btw.