• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Blur Discussion

El Diablo

Has anyone picked this game up yet? I really want to try it and it looks good but I don't know if I should or not = \.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've been playing it on the computer and unless you plan to play it online then I might advise against it. The singleplayer is fun, but it gets old real fast. The races that I've played so far haven't been very difficult and it just seems like I'm doing the same thing over and over again. There's not much course variation that I've experienced so far like there is in Split/Second.

Here's how I look at it:

Blur has an OK singleplayer aspect that should keep you busy for a while, but the online is where all the action is at. I would wait until there's a sale on it to buy it

Split/Second has a great singleplayer aspect (I know you didn't ask about it) but is lacking in multiplayer.

El Diablo

I downloaded this to try it and I found the singleplayer to be pretty fun, I want to pick it up because I can imagine the multi player being great, I just don't know if I should get it for ps3 or PC, and if I buy it on PC on Steam, will I still have my saved game or will I need to re do everything again in steam? Does anyone know?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I downloaded this to try it and I found the singleplayer to be pretty fun, I want to pick it up because I can imagine the multi player being great, I just don't know if I should get it for ps3 or PC, and if I buy it on PC on Steam, will I still have my saved game or will I need to re do everything again in steam? Does anyone know?

Not sure how games on steam work with saved files so I really can't answer that. I'm pretty sure you'll fine a larger user base on the PS3 though out of those two systems.

Adiuvo

Anyone have it for PC? I'm thinking of picking it up, but a lot of people are saying it's poorly optimized. That could just be them having a sucky computer though, hence why I'm asking.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Anyone have it for PC? I'm thinking of picking it up, but a lot of people are saying it's poorly optimized. That could just be them having a sucky computer though, hence why I'm asking.

I haven't had any problems with it on my computer, and I'm playing a pirated copy at the moment (haven't tested if online even works)

EDIT: Nope, online accounts tied to retail keys so I won't be able to play online unless I buy the game

El Diablo

Anyone have a retail version for the PC and if so is there a decent amount of people playing? Paying 40 dollars for this for the PC would be a steal if there was actually a good amount of people playing, I love the single player. There's not enough just plain old fun acing games anymore, everything is trying to be like a simulator and make them as real as possible >.>.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Ah, I was waiting for this to come out since I have no good 4 player racers for Xbox 360... You can do 4 player split screen amirite? :)
So it's worth getting yeah?
And it's definitely better than Split/Second for multiplayer?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Ah, I was waiting for this to come out since I have no good 4 player racers for Xbox 360... You can do 4 player split screen amirite? :)
So it's worth getting yeah?
And it's definitely better than Split/Second for multiplayer?

Yeah you can do 4 player split. The multiplayer experience is definitely better as well compared to S/S

El Diablo

So I decided to go through with it and buy the game on the PC and I must say...it definitely seems like its best bought on the console. I played for about 3 straight hours and there was never more than 50 people online, granted it was 2-5 in the morning 50 people still seems pretty low. Also there seem to be a lot of cheaters and sketchy people on there but it's still an amazingly fun game. Hopefully playing during the actual day will show some more people online.

TeamOverload

Anyone here pick up the PS3 version after all? I got it and I'm enjoying the single player, and haven't even touched the online multiplayer yet, but based on the beta, I know it'll be fun. Might be getting rid of my 360 soon, so figured this was the safer purchase. Still need more of you from here as a friend on PS3 so feel free to invite me ;)