• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2

Eddy

Hi,
I already have the system software 5.03ChickHen R2 but my game folder is empty... how to get the pspident n hells recovery??
any idea??

Peruant

Alright well I have a slim PSP 2001 w TA-88v3( I forget) or whichever mobo thats been unhackable. So my bro says I shouldn't update to 5.03 due to the inability to revert back. And the only way to get ChickHEN workin is through OFW 5.03.

But I do want to play homebrew. So is it worth it?

Slasher

Suck It
Alright well I have a slim PSP 2001 w TA-88v3( I forget) or whichever mobo thats been unhackable. So my bro says I shouldn't update to 5.03 due to the inability to revert back. And the only way to get ChickHEN workin is through OFW 5.03.

But I do want to play homebrew. So is it worth it?

Yes it's worth it.

Your brother has the right idea, but now that we have this recent tiff exploit well then that makes sticking around on previous firmwares obsolete. If there is ever to be new developments in the near future, well then it would be for this exploit which will require 5.03 to use.

If ChickHEN wasn't around it would be advisable to stay on previous firmwares, but now that it's out, it's not necessary to stay behind.

TheKidd

ive got a psp 3000 that i want to run psptube on. i put the h.bin file in the MP_root folder (and in several other places) and i put the .tiff photo in the photo folder and when i go into the MS in my photos on my psp it freezes and then shuts down.

what am i doing wrong??? please help!!!

Silvercloak

Ok folks, I just spent over an hour trying to get this to work last night. I finally succeeded, here's a few tips.

A) Make sure you have NO discs in your PSP
B) It will probably work a LOT faster if you have NO other pictures in your pictures folder (come on, you want a photo album, or a game machine?)
Finally follow the earlier directions to a T

Turn off your PSP and restart it fresh,
Put it sleep mode (pull power button down briefly, don't hold it)
Wake it up (Pull power button down again after it's gone to sleep and again; DONT HOLD IT)
Finally, click on your pictures on your memory card and you should see the egg thumbnails load up - DONT scroll.

Shortly after that, your PSP should reboot itself into the new "Homebrew" mode.

I DID reset to factory specs, I'm not sure if this affects anything, but I was having a lousy time getting this trick to work at first and it took me an hour to figure all this out. Now it works on both PSPs I've got in my house. A Star Wars one with Vader on the back, and another plain jane Black 2000 one.

Silvercloak

haha

i installed cold boot work fine after 3 days cant load hen but now can thx to this dude Tyseah

At first, when i put the folder into PSP/PHOTO, it didn't work! But then I just put the slim.tiff at the root of PSP/PHOTO and it worked! thx Tyseah

tonmoyks

Can anyone help me when run the custom firmware with chicken it loads and everything is ok but i cant play iso games it says game cannot be loaded error 80020321
please i need your help

varuny2k6

Can anyone help me when run the custom firmware with chicken it loads and everything is ok but i cant play iso games it says game cannot be loaded error 80020321
please i need your help

go to the vsh menu change iso mode

add rep

Ragnarok

damcanadian

ok, Im using a PSP-1000, I have tried every guide seen on this site, and many from others to no avail, I load the picture, system turns off, dosent turn back on, when I turn it back on Im still in 5.03.
Here are the steps I took (F: is my psp):
1.Flashed Memory Card.
2.Factory Defaults on PSP.
3.Went into USB mode and put h.bin into root (f:h.bin).
4.Went into F:pSPPHOTO and put eggsploit.tiff into the base PHOTO folder, not into any sub folders.
5.Restart the system, put it into suspend mode, come out, enter folder, I have also tried executing the tiff itself, always the same thing, system turns off, dosent reboot, dosent change FW.

jrbulldozer

hi i have a psp slim and i followed instructions from readme file. i put the slim.tiff in the PSP/PHOTO folder and put the h.bin folder in root. wen i go to photo folder in xmb the psp does shut down BUT IT DOES NOT REBOOT!!! WHY?? HELP!!

myowai

i've put all the files as shown in the porcedure.

but when i open the photo, after a while, my psp just hang and turn off.
i've to reboot it. n i think nothing happen.
i touch nothing immediately after opening the photo.
so can i have some advice on mine.
mine psp is psp 3000 firmware 5.02.
i put the chickenHEN photos from silm folder.
is this correct?
plz let me know how to work on it.
n also, what games i can play after cracking with this HEN and from where can i get?

thanks in advance

january39

eXo Staff
i've put all the files as shown in the porcedure.

but when i open the photo, after a while, my psp just hang and turn off.
i've to reboot it. n i think nothing happen.
i touch nothing immediately after opening the photo.
so can i have some advice on mine.
mine psp is psp 3000 firmware 5.02.
i put the chickenHEN photos from silm folder.
is this correct?
plz let me know how to work on it.
n also, what games i can play after cracking with this HEN and from where can i get?

thanks in advance

Welll the first thing you need to do is be on FW5.03. Did you actaully read the title of this thread or did you just post your request for help without doing anything other than making this post!

You can play almost all games on with the CFE or GEN.

Where do you get them? Buy them - of course.

SecondSoul

When I download it all I get is chickhenr2.rar
What am I doing wrong? If it helps, I have a mac.

Oh wow I'm a noob, I double clicked the file and it turned into the folder. :/
I fail....