• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2

kaokao

well, this is what worked for me. i am not gonna guarantee that this is going to work, but it worked for my psp-2000 FROM JAPAN

first make more chickhena.gif -> i made chickhene.gif and so on all the way to chickhenh.gif. just copy a random chickhen.gif and add a letter behind

1. turn off psp completely
2. turn it on
3. go to standby/suspend
4. come back
5. go to photos
6. memory stick
7. go to chickhen folder -> DO NOT OPEN stay at the screen for 15 sec.
8. open and scroll all the way down to the .tiff file and wait

sfn22122

Tried on my psp1001 and it didn't work. Any suggestions? I've tried everything possible and everything suggested here.

deji

please i have a psp 2004 it does not work with hen or any other downgrader
and please what is suspend mode
please a nice quick and positive response will be very well appreciated thaks

blackspirit

for dubmonkey and all those having trouble, do this.

By now you should have the files in the correct locations.

h.bin at ms0:/, and slim.tiff (or if you’re using a phat, then eggsploit.tiff) at

for slim: ms0:/PSP/PHOTO/SLIM
for fat: ms0:/PSP/PHOTO/PHAT

^^Case sensitive applies.^^

the extra images won’t make a difference, though I somewhat suggest you do, if you still want to have access to wallpapers. (mainly for, if you want to keep the exploit on your system, rather than uploading it every time a crash occurs.

Do a Default setting reset. After the psp reboots and you’re at the XMB (main screen), put in a UMD, wait till it loads, then go to your photos, wait ...... Happy Days

If you put the extra images that came with the zip, then go into the SLIM folder (phat does not apply, add you own images), and wait.

foolmonty

ha ha ha, after 1000 attempts , only a very small thing worked like a charm? i just deleted 1st 2 egg images with hit n trial(soon after the image appeared i press upper triangle button then selectf delete) and clicked on slim it flashed. I removed the battery and repeated and worked

shaun91c

having problems!! Got chickHen to run, but after a while the firmware wnet back to Version 5.03. please help!!! What is "suspend mode?"

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Got chickHen to run on psp 3001, but after a while the fw went back to Version 5.03. please help!!!

can you explain your problem better?

NickBurp

when i open photo/mem. stick i find the foto slim.tiff but it says unsupported data!!!SOMEONE HELP ME!!!! IM SO DESPERATE TO GET THIS TO WORK!!!

Jgke

I can't get it working.

I followed the readme exactly as it said and no luck.
I tried to restore settings to factory ones without effect.
I have PSP-3004 PB.

afteralter

S for Surreal
I can't get it working.

I followed the readme exactly as it said and no luck.
I tried to restore settings to factory ones without effect.
I have PSP-3004 PB.

Well, I always use my method.
Care to try it out?

You don't need any unofficial fix/MOD's/etc.
Just the original R2 by Davee.

YouTube - Chickhen r2 works 3 out of 3 on psp 3000

btw, that PSP is bricked now :D

I was also using a 2GB Sony MS ProDuo (Magic Gate Supported)

Jgke

My PSP just releases an depressing *plop* when it shuts down. The colors do not "crash", the only thing that remains is the *plop* in my head.

Saree3

I have a psp 2004 with 3.71 M33-3, upgraded to 5.03, then tried the ChickHEN, and kept failing. I get a shutdown instead of a reset. Tried many combos (factory setting, language changes, different file locations etc..). I was using a really well made fake sony 2GB card which worked flawlessly for 2 years now. then I used an Origional 64 MB Pro Duo card that came with my Sony Ericsson Mobile, again failed. Then I tried an old Sandisk 512MB Pro Duo and it worked from the first try. I didn't format the the sandisk card using the PSP like I did with the other 2, I just moved the files, & dragged & dropped the correct files from the other memory card content stored on my PC HD.

Once it installed, applying D-Gen 5.5 was a cake.

If you keep trying different memory cards, eventually you will succeed.

shandee

Anyone Please Help, I have PSP 3004/ver 4.21 that doesnt go to Restore Menu, no VSH menu too

BTW tried turning it off,took off battery and turn it on while holding R trigger, still doesnt go to restore menu but to main screen instead...

select button doesnt flash the VSH menu,,,

any help would be greatly appreciated