• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN R3 Futuristic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

uboat

Ok, we knew that the team is gonna get out ChickHEN R3.

Well, they say they will add some new cool features. We would like to see it too. By the way, while Dark-Alek is still trying to get his CFW, R2 has already beaten him. Will this last long? Maybe will, becoz R3 will be out soon. But, as we know, after a COMPLETE shutdown, ChickHEN will be removed. You will not half-shutdown every time, will you? Even you half-shutdown every time, can you guarantee that your mother or watever will never touch it and it will not remove ChickHEN?

This is the problem of stability.

I heard a lot of people saying these:
Wow, R3 will come out with something cool
Davee, Team Typoon! You rocks~

But, I heard these as well:
... I would rather go for stability rather than new features
If R3 is coming out, I hope it will be much more stable for my psp 3000
I wonder if R3 is 100% working.

A lot of people had failed with chickHEN, they did nothing wrong, it is just about timing and luck. Sometimes, timing is not even needed. But, luck, NEEDED, A LOT!

For my own opinion, I will choose stability. (Eventough mine working 100% after delete the idiotic egghunt.bin file which I discussed in the other thread: Egghunt.bin For 3001, MUST DELETE IT! - M for Mature Forums)

For you, which will you choose? And I hope that replies will be related to futuristic plan, rather than...

Quote Davee: Lies... Lies... (No offense, because this is the best example)

Evilmaster

I do not even have a PSP that is in need of the ChickHEN.
However I do am very happy it is out.
Flashed 2 hackable PSP`s using the ChickHEN R2 so far.
And CFWEnabled 1 PSP 300x using ChickHEN R2.

For me it is mainly the stability Iam after.
So I can flash or CFWEnable a PSP much faster, as the longest wait you got using this method is for the HEN to succesfully boot.

The only one I know using the CFWEnabling via GEN-A is a mate of mine using the PSP 300x.
Also for him it would be usefull to have a 100% chance to boot HEN.
Tho however the chance for him booting into HEN is like 80% of the time it succeeds.

So yeh it would be nice to add more options to the HEN...
For the people who only use HEN for sure.

Greetz, Evil.

uboat

I do not even have a PSP that is in need of the ChickHEN.
However I do am very happy it is out.
Flashed 2 hackable PSP`s using the ChickHEN R2 so far.
And CFWEnabled 1 PSP 300x using ChickHEN R2.

For me it is mainly the stability Iam after.
So I can flash or CFWEnable a PSP much faster, as the longest wait you got using this method is for the HEN to succesfully boot.

The only one I know using the CFWEnabling via GEN-A is a mate of mine using the PSP 300x.
Also for him it would be usefull to have a 100% chance to boot HEN.
Tho however the chance for him booting into HEN is like 80% of the time it succeeds.

So yeh it would be nice to add more options to the HEN...
For the people who only use HEN for sure.

Greetz, Evil.

Read my mind, this is what I am trying to say.

Without stability, new feature will be useless. If you cannot boot into ChickHEN and cannot play in the GEN-A environment. New features = nothing special.

thedicemaster

egghunt.bin is not idiotic.
it is what makes the HEN able to actually be a proper full HEN.

and stability is already as high as it can get.
it's just the downside of a tiff exploit.
a gamesave exploit would be much more stable, but the egghunt exploit wouldn't work in a savegame exploit.

Snifi

i don't think that it's possible to make ChickHEN more stable due to the instability of the eggsploit, so i am for adding features

uboat

i don't think that it's possible to make ChickHEN more stable due to the instability of the eggsploit, so i am for adding features

Hope that CFW will release soon~

Just becoz your chickHEN works, it does not mean everyone's work. "i don't think that it's possible to make ChickHEN more stable due to the instability of the eggsploit", so... it is becoz instability of eggspoit?

If it is the reason (instability), why not make it even more stable.

Dream is everything to make the future even brighter. If you deny it this time, the work will only be done by another fool. This world is created by fools. Without those fools which dreamt a better life, our life now is just merely an illusion.

I dream that ChickHEN R2 can be more stable. Yes, a chinese guy had made it even more stable. But, it is not yet 100%. Since he can make it even more stable. Why not we make it even even more stable? In Dark-Alek forum, someone had modified the old egg into a "modified and advanced egg". The success rate had gone 33% on psp 3000s.

This is my research, for 3001~3004, success rate is 3% (30~40 times a row).
For 3005~3009, the success rate is higher, 5%.

For some reason, or because of some special reason, they have 100% of success rate. Success rate differs from different psp.

And yet, with the newest "ZuiNiu Hen", the sucess rate is 80%, very high, even for first time users.

With a modified tiff, the success rate went up, and someone even merged them together.

We dream for future, never make our future vanish by saying those words. God of PSP (I don't know who will be that)!!! You shall bring the enjoyment to every psp users!

EDIT: So, the egg CAN BE FIXED INTO A MORE STABLE EGG. Proof: modified tiff and "ZuiNiu Hen"

So I believe that GOD of PSP will let it become 100% one day. CFW! You must be borned to save the world of PSP!!!

mc-B3oWoLF

Translating...
The only thing, that I'd like to see in HEN R3 (Or even, just the updated R2, but updated by Davee himself) is the version spoof.

I mean the case, that now our consoles are identified by homebrews like "Phat", so the Homebrews can use only 32Mb of RAM.

I'd be just happy to see HEN as it is now, but allowing to use all 64Mb of RAM ^_^
It'd be more than enough (For me, of course)

Evilmaster

Em Twelve....

As far as I know the TIFF exploit still works in 5.05.
It was blocked in 5.50.

However the HEN wont boot this DOESNT mean it has to do nothing with the HEN.
Do not know or the kernel mode exploit is still availible in 5.50.
But the user mode one is.

Greetz, Evil.

twelve

I'm not dead
Em Twelve....

As far as I know the TIFF exploit still works in 5.05.
It was blocked in 5.50.

However the HEN wont boot this DOESNT mean it has to do nothing with the HEN.
Do not know or the kernel mode exploit is still availible in 5.50.
But the user mode one is.

Greetz, Evil.
Yeah that's true I was getting my .05 and .50 mixed up.

Itanium

Since stability seems to rely in TIFF exploit more than in the HEN itself I vote for features.

I would like to see most important features of CFWs implemented in ChickHEN. Why if there are CFWs already available? Simple, because ChickHEN has a huge advantage over CFWs in my opinion: it doesn't touch the flash at all, its just read and loaded directly from ms into memory. And for TA088v3 and TA090v2 where no brick-recovery system is available, I think is an important thing to consider.

Davee

lolhax
nah.... we can just forget features and ISO since it can be done tho cfw anyway.... just stability.... is more than enough.. :p

Stability cannot be improved.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM EST ----------

Ok, we knew that the team is gonna get out ChickHEN R3.

Well, they say they will add some new cool features. We would like to see it too. By the way, while Dark-Alek is still trying to get his CFW, R2 has already beaten him. Will this last long? Maybe will, becoz R3 will be out soon. [HIGHLIGHT]But, as we know, after a COMPLETE shutdown, ChickHEN will be removed[/HIGHLIGHT]. You will not half-shutdown every time, will you? Even you half-shutdown every time, can you guarantee that your mother or watever will never touch it and it will not remove ChickHEN?

This is the problem of stability.

I heard a lot of people saying these:
Wow, R3 will come out with something cool
Davee, Team Typoon! You rocks~

But, I heard these as well:
... I would rather go for stability rather than new features
If R3 is coming out, I hope it will be much more stable for my psp 3000
I wonder if R3 is 100% working.

A lot of people had failed with chickHEN, they did nothing wrong, it is just about timing and luck. [HIGHLIGHT]Sometimes, timing is not even needed[/HIGHLIGHT]. But, luck, NEEDED, A LOT!

For my own opinion, I will choose stability. (Eventough mine working 100% after delete the[HIGHLIGHT] idiotic egghunt.bin[/HIGHLIGHT] file which I discussed in the other thread: Egghunt.bin For 3001, MUST DELETE IT! - M for Mature Forums)

For you, which will you choose? And I hope that replies will be related to futuristic plan, rather than...

[HIGHLIGHT]Quote Davee: Lies... Lies... (No offense, because this is the best example)[/HIGHLIGHT]

No boot-up proceedure exploit...
It's all about timing, but you wouldn't understand.
Incredible smart file.
It was lies.

HEN-A

Contributer
Well Im all for new features ;).

Stability is not impossible to improve but very difficult as it is the fault of the tiff exploit file and how it works, not Davees coding skills.

But I will still stick with the new GEN.

plug

hey davee love your work bro thanks for all that you have done for us psp gamers just wanted to show some love and appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.