• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Christian Bale loses his fucking mind (NSFW Audio)

Ciaran

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39984
I know this because I happen to be somewhere where someone that was there that day and for the shoot is. And this person isn't a publicist, nor are they invested in Bale's career. They're just someone that thinks it is absolute bullshit that this moment in Bale's life is being aired and that the real story should get out there.

The DP on TERMINATOR SALVATION, Shane Hurlbut, is a apparently a light tweaker. He's a fairly young DP and likes to fiddle with his lights on set during action, which is a big "NO NO" on most productions unless worked out in advance with performers. But apparently Shane was a pretty unrepentant light tweaker.

The scene in question, was a very emotional and tough scene between Christian Bale and Bryce Howard. A scene that required soul bearing and a deep level of immersive concentration. The sort of scene where everyone on set knows not to get in anyone's eye lines, and definitely not to move lights around while FILMING. You lock that shit down before the scene starts.

Bale had indeed warned the DP on multiple occasions about messing with lights while the cameras were rolling, and Bale was in the midst of a painful scene with Bryce, what was described to me as being the emotional center of the film and his character for the film.

If true it doesn't really excuse the completely ott reaction but it gives it some context.

Moose

Meta Moose
If true it doesn't really excuse the completely ott reaction but it gives it some context.

I guess when you are under pressure to act out a tough role then anything will make you snap... I'm sure it has happened to other actors, but Bale was unfortunately recorded.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
The recording was win. The remix was EPIC. :tup:

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
You posted the same time as Abe did twelve, so you have an excuse :p

Anyway I found it quite amusing, and [HIGHLIGHT]as Joey said, hearing him change to and from various accents was pretty hilarious.[/HIGHLIGHT]

I found that funny. i even know some people that do that when they are mad and have no idea they are doing it.

Joey

That's good too I suppose.

Yeah, I find it funny the backlash this guy has gotten about this. Everybody on Digg is talking about how they'll never see his movies again, and shit like "he's not that good of an actor anyway", which isn't what they were saying when the Batman movies came out.

To me, Christian Bale is like Edward Norton, in that he can take an average movie, and make it outstanding. Edward Norton did it with Primal Rage, and Christian Bale has done it with the Machinist (which wasn't outstanding, but wouldn't have even been watchable without Bale), and has the potential to do it with T4. I mean, I've never even seen any of the Terminator movies, and I actually have interest in T4, a movie that probably shouldn't even exist.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
It's only been made a big issue because he's a good actor. (why he chose to be in a terminator movie I'll never know) And the people claiming they will not watch his movies are full of it, since most people have been on the man's dick since American Psycho. And the Batman movies only secured their spot on his dick.
If it was some shitty actor like Nicolas cage then then I'd believe them.

If anyone should be ridiculed it's not Bale, it's that Hurlbut guy. He's now known for getting bitched out by the guy that did Equilibrium.

Bran

Yell
Well put.

Personally I like him more cause I'd probably kick the shit outa some dumb ass mother fucker messing with fucking LIGHTS while I'm trying to concentrate on a scene.