• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Cracked windows...

you running 64 bit now?

Slasher

Suck It
Okay, so I have Windows 7 Evaluation Copy Build 7100 and it apparently expires in approximately 2 weeks from now.

From my understanding, once it expires, something will happen like my computer will start shutting down every 2 hours or so.

I've tried Windows 7 Loader 0.97 by Daz, but I get a "Status: Unsupported" when I booted it up. Is this what I'm looking for?

Is there a crack out which prevents this expiry from happening?

Thanks

Crank

Crank it up!
If you're going to run a cracked version anyway, why not just install the retail one?

elite

Oldie moldie
Okay, so I have Windows 7 Evaluation Copy Build 7100 and it apparently expires in approximately 2 weeks from now.

From my understanding, once it expires, something will happen like my computer will start shutting down every 2 hours or so.

I've tried Windows 7 Loader 0.97 by Daz, but I get a "Status: Unsupported" when I booted it up. Is this what I'm looking for?

Is there a crack out which prevents this expiry from happening?

Thanks
No, it should be as "Windows as activated". Look for 7Loader 1.6 by Hazar. It worked for me on the 7600 Build.

Slasher

Suck It
If you're going to run a cracked version anyway, why not just install the retail one?

Because why would I want to reinstall windows? Not worth the hassle considering the evaluation build can do everything the retail w/crack can

No, it should be as "Windows as activated". Look for 7Loader 1.6 by Hazar. It worked for me on the 7600 Build.

I downloaded this but I don't understand how to use it?

I must have clicked just about every option on there and now my copy of windows is no longer activated. What do I do?

Help please?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The "Evaluation Copy" is the RC release I believe, the standard cracks that are out for the full retail versions do not work on the RC if I recall.

elite

Oldie moldie
I downloaded this but I don't understand how to use it?

I must have clicked just about every option on there and now my copy of windows is no longer activated. What do I do?

Help please?
The middle bottom button. Titled "Install/Remove 7Loader". Just press it once. I think it will restart the computer itself after it is installed. So don't just get barbarous and push all of the buttons. xD

Slasher

Suck It
The middle bottom button. Titled "Install/Remove 7Loader". Just press it once. I think it will restart the computer itself after it is installed. So don't just get barbarous and push all of the buttons. xD

Did that and my computer restarted like you mentioned...

Now what? How do I know if it worked?

Everytime I restart, Windows tells me there was an alteration to something that requires me to reenter my activation key. I keep hitting cancel. Also, the bottom right corner watermark on the desktop says "This copy of Windows is not genuine". Does this matter?

And when I go to System Properties and scroll down to the Activation section is says "Status: Not Available" as well as "Product ID: Not Available" ... Good/bad?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Did that and my computer restarted like you mentioned...

Now what? How do I know if it worked?

Everytime I restart, Windows tells me there was an alteration to something that requires me to reenter my activation key. I keep hitting cancel. Also, the bottom right corner watermark on the desktop says "This copy of Windows is not genuine". Does this matter?

And when I go to System Properties and scroll down to the Activation section is says "Status: Not Available" as well as "Product ID: Not Available" ... Good/bad?
My copy of windows recently said that but I ran the 7loader program and it made it activated.
Before I had that water mark and my desktop background would change to black every couple of mins.

I suggest you just reinstall a retail copy, because I don't think any of the cracks work on an RC build.

Slasher

Suck It
I really don't want to have to format, bust my balls and download a pirated copy, and reinstall Windows 7 though...

I was really expecting there to be an easy to use crack considering this Evaluation Candidate build was completely free at the time and I know was downloaded by a lot of people - it was free Windows 7 straight from Microsoft with the only catch being it expired right around this time. At the time I thought for sure an easy to use crack would come out that would remove this expiry

Maybe I should try some different loader programs?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I really don't want to have to format, bust my balls and download a pirated copy, and reinstall Windows 7 though...

I was really expecting there to be an easy to use crack considering this Evaluation Candidate build was completely free at the time and I know was downloaded by a lot of people - it was free Windows 7 straight from Microsoft with the only catch being it expired right around this time. At the time I thought for sure an easy to use crack would come out that would remove this expiry

Maybe I should try some different loader programs?

There are two ways I can think of:

1 - Set your clock back 4 years. That way you'll have the same calendar as this year (if I'm not mistaken). Since Windows expiry date bases itself on the Windows date/time settings. I've heard this works, but I've also heard it doesn't.

2 - Use TimerNuke. I told my GF to use that on her RC build 7100 and it worked like a wonder. No shutting dows in March or expiry in June.

I hope that was helpful.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The RC build, while free, still has tight restrictions and controls to prevent it from becoming a "free" edition of Windows 7 since it was widely available. Your best bet and probably only option would be to look up an Expiration Extender or a "time nuker"as there is no existing patch to easily make it a registered copy since it uses a slightly different authentication method.

Changing the Windows Time will not fix this however

The majority of "loader"programs out there do not work on the RC build, only the retail builds

Slasher

Suck It
Thanks guys

Activated or not, I don't really care - I just want to be able to keep windows running as it is and not have it 'expire' or shut down every 2 hours to keep me from using it

I tried out that TimerNuke program and I think it worked. It says it successfully installed and all that, and since restarting, windows hasn't asked me for an authentication key yet. So far so good

After I get some more usage on here, hopefully it stays that way

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Thanks guys

Activated or not, I don't really care - I just want to be able to keep windows running as it is and not have it 'expire' or shut down every 2 hours to keep me from using it

I tried out that TimerNuke program and I think it worked. It says it successfully installed and all that, and since restarting, windows hasn't asked me for an authentication key yet. So far so good

After I get some more usage on here, hopefully it stays that way

Good for you Slasher :p Hopefully you won't have anymore issues.

Sullivan

nick, pm me and i will just give you a retail key?

elite

Oldie moldie
I had an other loader program which worked on my friend's laptop. If you encounter any problem in the future, it'll come in handy.

Slasher

Suck It
My windows is now shutting down every 2 hours... ugh

I have a pirated copy but when I mount it with daemon/alcohol120 and try to run it while in windows, it tells me "This installation disc isn't compatible with your version of Windows..."

Now, I'm on Win7 32-bit right now, but the one I downloaded is 64-bit because I want 64-bit Windows 7. I figure this is why it won't let me run it while in Windows.

I understand I need to burn this image to a DVD and restart my computer with it in the drive... But is there any way to do this without having to burn it to a disc? Because I don't have any on me, and getting to the closest store that would sell dvd's is a pain having to take the bus and all. Is there a way?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
My windows is now shutting down every 2 hours... ugh

I have a pirated copy but when I mount it with daemon/alcohol120 and try to run it while in windows, it tells me "This installation disc isn't compatible with your version of Windows..."

Now, I'm on Win7 32-bit right now, but the one I downloaded is 64-bit because I want 64-bit Windows 7. I figure this is why it won't let me run it while in Windows.

I understand I need to burn this image to a DVD and restart my computer with it in the drive... But is there any way to do this without having to burn it to a disc? Because I don't have any on me, and getting to the closest store that would sell dvd's is a pain having to take the bus and all. Is there a way?

The only other way would be to mount it on a flashdrive (WinToFlash is a recommended program for doing this). Also you won't be able to upgrade from the RC build to the retail build if that is what you are looking to do (it is possible but not recommended) and even if it is you can't go from 32-bit to 64-bit windows without a fresh install. So basically: need to do a clean install, and if not with a DVD then with a flashdrive that is large enough to hold the ISO contents

EDIT: In the meantime if you put the date back several days it should not shutdown on you, not sure how long that fix will last though (did so on my laptop before March 1st so I could avoid it)