• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware Install Guides

paulagent

I got my psp up to cf 3.52 m33-4. I am trying to go to the latest cf which i believe is 3.90 m33-3. I went to 3.52m33-4 thanks to the posts on this site, but I didn't find anything to go from there. Thanks!

Acerthief

Updated for 4.01M33 and it's patches.

gha55an

Hello
i need help plz!!
i have a PSP i bought 2 month ago and it had firm / system software 3.8
i have upgraded into version 4.00 and i want now to update to version 4.01
i tried to put alex's custome update into \PSP\GAME\UPDATE and i name the sony's official release as 401.PBP and alex's update EBOOT.PBP.
i went into the game field and tried to update the system but it gave me error 80020148
so plz can u help me

thx alot !

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

CRUSHER

Hi x3sphere,PSPKNIGHTX

Some question for u.....
I have a PSP Phat and running on 3.40OE by dark alex Firmware. How I can upgrate to 4.01 M33-2 Firmware?
Please let me know the step or guide me trought it ....

Do i need also to install this 1.50 kernel for Add-on for 4.01 M33

Thanks

pspknightx

Hi x3sphere,PSPKNIGHTX

Some question for u.....
I have a PSP Phat and running on 3.40OE by dark alex Firmware. How I can upgrate to 4.01 M33-2 Firmware?
Please let me know the step or guide me trought it ....

Do i need also to install this 1.50 kernel for Add-on for 4.01 M33

Thanks

upgrade your 3.40OE to 3.52m33 by following this thread:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2732

Next update it to 3.52m33-4 by downloading from here:
http://exophase.com/files/psp/M33-1234.zip
Place the "UPDATE" under ms:/PSP/GAME/
Run the update and you will have 3.52m33-4

Then, follow this guide to update your PSP to 4.01m33:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=7669

1.50 kernel for Add-on seems useless for now so i would recommend not to install it XD
Hope this helps you :smile:

gha55an

x3sphere
hey thx alot for ur help
but the thing is i couldnt figure how can i do it
i have a PSP that has sony's official firm 4.00 and i want to change it coz i want start playing games having iso,... where i can find them on the internet without buying them
also i have a sony memory card 4giga
so can you help me plz!!!

thanks alot !

momoney1985

I HAVE A PSP PHAT WITH THE REG FM 4.01 BUT ITS ALSO A TA-82 MD HOW CAN I DOWNGRADE WITHOUT A PAN BATTERY CAN ANYONE HELP ME

PlaySexPlay

greetings moderators.. well i have a problem with my psp.. i upgrade it to 4.01 firmware from Sony then im not able to play my previous games.. then i try to use how to make pandora battery, time machine , DCv and such but none of them work.. it says "'The game could not be started (80020148) so i dont know how to downgrade my psp or to use custom firmware 4.1 m33-2.. please help me.. i really appreciate it.. thank you

Acerthief

greetings moderators.. well i have a problem with my psp.. i upgrade it to 4.01 firmware from Sony then im not able to play my previous games.. then i try to use how to make pandora battery, time machine , DCv and such but none of them work.. it says "'The game could not be started (80020148) so i dont know how to downgrade my psp or to use custom firmware 4.1 m33-2.. please help me.. i really appreciate it.. thank you

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

nutty90

hi, i recently got a new slim and lite psp, and it has version 3.80. inorder for me to play cso games, do i have to upgrade or downgrade coz iv tried upgrading to version 3.90 m33 but it didnt properly work wen installing it said game cannot start (80020148). please help, im nt sure wot to do.
NuTtY

b3au b3au

hey ive actually got the official sony firmware 3.71 on my psp is there anyway i can get custom firmware at all????? please help

Acerthief