• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware Install Guides

mopargk

A quickie question......Is there a music.prx for 401m33 yet?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
A quickie question......Is there a music.prx for 401m33 yet?

No, but the Music PRX for 3.90 M33 does work on 4.01 M33... somewhat. The option to auto mute in-game sounds doesn't work, so you'll have to turn down the volume manually via in-game settings.

Chris94

Hi im Chris!
On this other site they said i need cfw to downgrade correct ? Wrong! i had a slim psp 3.80ofw i placed my mms and pb in my psp i presed X for the settings in the screen and i get 3.71 M33-2 cfw i was lost :)

gablord

can anyone help me?i have 3.90m33-3 but when i try to upgrade it to 5.00m33 there's an error says the pbp file doesn't exit so i cant proceed with the installation.what should i do?thnx

calvinmutts07

help

i'm new in this custom firmware for psp, i have a problem with my psp. i have a version of 4.01, i downloaded a game to my memory card but it wont come out to my psp and it says THERE ARE NO GAMES. i don't know what to do with this. can you please help me with this. thanks you very much. hope to hear from you soon. peace out.

SkY_dEaLeR

Im confused with all this talk of pandora and magic memory card.
I have i psp1000 and have gone through the CFW process. Now i have a psp2000 with a 3.95OFW. Where do i start placing a CFW on my psp2000? Thanks

january39

eXo Staff
By getting a pandora battery and having a MMS with at least DC7 on it. No other way.

Theres a few guides here on how you do that.

january39

eXo Staff
can anyone help me?i have 3.90m33-3 but when i try to upgrade it to 5.00m33 there's an error says the pbp file doesn't exit so i cant proceed with the installation.what should i do?thnx

The 500.pbp should be inside the Update folder.

Frank

hy, i have version 3.71 m33-2 on my psp slim. but i want it to upgrade to version 5.00 m33-6
i have downloaded the version (500m33_6.zip) but where do i unpack it? and how do i instal it?

greetz the dutch guy :p

J

jx233

Frank said:
hy, i have version 3.71 m33-2 on my psp slim. but i want it to upgrade to version 5.00 m33-6
i have downloaded the version (500m33_6.zip) but where do i unpack it? and how do i instal it?

greetz the dutch guy :p

Put it into X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE
(X is the MemoryStick Root)

and you also need the 500.PBP
in the same folder too.

and welcome to eXophase, Frank. :smile:

J

jx233

Frank said:
thank you very much, when its done i let u now :)

EDIT:

its workin just fine :D

Ok, good. :)

BTW, Do you need popsloader for 5.00 M33-6?

OlDirty

3.73 sony firmware

I am running 3.73 but i want to emulate please advise. every time i try to load a firmware it shows up as corrupted data on my psp. I have the first fat psp

J

jx233

OlDirty said:
I am running 3.73 but i want to emulate please advise. every time i try to load a firmware it shows up as corrupted data on my psp. I have the first fat psp

You need custom firmware to do so. You can get to custom firmware through the Pandora Battery + MagicStick method.

Do you have a Pandora Battery? If not, buy one online (like the Datel Tool battery)

If you have a spare MemoryStick, make it into a MagicStick through PSP Pandora Deluxe.

OlDirty

Is this risky, I really just want to emulate genesis games, is all the really necessary? will this disable other functions and what not?

J

jx233

OlDirty said:
Is this risky, I really just want to emulate genesis games, is all the really necessary? will this disable other functions and what not?

You need custom firmware to run emulators. This will not disable your functions that you asked about.

Ok, Make the MagicStick (through PSP Pandora Deluxe), and get a Pandora Battery (buy a Datel Tool Battery or borrow a Pandora Battery from someone you know.) Then after getting custom firmware, update to the latest custom firmware version: 5.00 M33-6.