• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Dark Souls

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
HJV5O.jpg

I know this game isn

Moose

Meta Moose
Wow, I'm surprised I missed Demon's Souls! This looks fantastic... definitely adding it to the list of games I'm getting this year. If a few of us pick this up would anyone be willing to play through it together?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'll most likely be getting this on both consoles. I think 80% of my PSN friend list is comprised of DS players with the remainder being people from here.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm gonna pick it up on the xbox, I'll probably end up breaking my PS3 controller if I play it on that.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I preordered it so I'll definitely be playing it for the PS3.

Nice. I'll be preordering it soon as well.

@Frozen - I find it as rewarding as it is unforgiving. It's just one of those games that forces you to memorize the layout and patterns of all enemies. Once you have that down, you can cruise.

Edit - I just read that all preorders will be upgraded to the Collector's Edition at no additional cost. That's a pretty nice move.

Bran

Yell
Edit - I just read that all preorders will be upgraded to the Collector's Edition at no additional cost. That's a pretty nice move.

That's why I preordered it.

Also I preordered it through Amazon, they are usually pretty good about shipping things so it arrives day 1 right? I've never preordered with them before. I would have gone with GameStop but the one near my place and by work suck.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've never ordered games through Amazon either because I wasn't sure about launch day arrival. Hopefully we get an answer.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I usually receive pre-ordered games from Amazon on day one, though it comes at the end of the day (around 6:00 pm).

Moose

Meta Moose
I've used Amazon to pre-order a game, and so has my brother. Mine came the day before release and his on release day.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Did you have to choose overnight shipping? With GameStop, in order to receive delivery on street date, you need to pay an extra $10 for overnight FedEx.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Did you have to choose overnight shipping? With GameStop, in order to receive delivery on street date, you need to pay an extra $10 for overnight FedEx.

You have to select the release date delivery option. It's free for me, though I have a Prime account. Not sure if it costs extra for regular.

Bran

Yell
You have to select the release date delivery option. It's free for me, though I have a Prime account. Not sure if it costs extra for regular.

I'm pretty sure it was free just normally if you order far enough in advance.

Bran

Yell
You sure about that?

Shipment 1 of 1
Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate: October 4, 2011

That's my order info. And it's for the CE.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Also if you are looking at an actual listing for the CE it's probably wrong.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Upgrade
Order Dark Souls and receive an automatic upgrade to the Collector's Edition for no extra charge. The CE will include a limited edition art book, a mini-strategy guidebook and behind-the-scenes videos and the game's soundtrack for digital download -- all packaged with the game in a custom-designed metal case. No action is required to receive this upgrade on existing pre-orders.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, once I clicked on the regular edition I saw the free upgrade text. Anyway, just locked in the PS3 version. Looking forward to co-op'ing with you folks.

Bran

Yell
Anyway, it looks like they improved the lighting in their render engine. The actual game play engine looks exactly the same, which is wonderful.