• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

DC's Tool Proof of Concept

Darkchild

The Doctor
DSC00646.JPG
I'm finally getting somewhere.
This "proxy bypass", like the title says, is nothing more than a proof of concept, makes your PS3 think its newest software version is 6.66

Warning : It still links to 3.42, so for now, DO NOT UPDATE WITH THIS TOOL!

Also, if this goes somewhere else besides Exophase, KEEP THE ORIGINAL LINK!

http://dcheartly.blogspot.com/2010/09/proof-of-concept.html < go here to download :)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Yes! Nice! :D
Some people have found out how to do challenge lobbies on MW2 on PS3 through PSJailbreak but can't go online yet :p

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Question, does anyone here have their ps3 with 3.42? I might need some network dumps..

I still haev 3.41 but I know a load of people on the forum have already upgraded.

january39

eXo Staff
I have 3.42, although not certain how i can dump it though ;)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
And I still have 3.41, and willing to help out any way I could :)

afiser

we will probably have to wait for the ps3's equivalent of the great PSAR dumper before much else can happen here

Darkchild

The Doctor
I will dump here soon, 2 proxies to dump data ( I need to study this protocol )

One will be for 3.41 and the other for 3.42

all I ask, is that you email me whatever files they dump.

I will attach a readme file on each version with better instructions, ok?

Darkchild

The Doctor
sorry for double post, but I had to bump:

to all those interested in helping me with this project, I need:
  • Someone with EU/JP/US PS3s (3.41)
  • Someone with a 3.42 PS3 (and PSN)

if you meet any of both of these requirements, download this :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=94WFLXW1

be sure to read what the app says, my email and instructions are there :)

Thanks again!

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
where exactly are we supposed to place this file on the mem stick? it just says "when you get done", it really doesnt give any information about where to place the file :\

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
What networks does it need to communicate on, just private or public too?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Windows Firewall. I allowed it on both but not going to lie... it doesn't seem to be doing a lot:
dctool.png

Does my PS3 need to be on and connected to the network or something? :p

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
well, the file is on the same folder as the program. (The file's name is data.dmp)
i ment before the program is run. is your program supposed to be run from the ps3 directly or over a network connection? perhaps some more in-depth instructions would help :p

Darkchild

The Doctor
AH! Allow me to explain,

This is a proxy server. Just find your PC's IP, and use it as a proxy on your PS3 (using port 8080)

This will make the PS3 use your PC to access the internet and all that goes in or out, comes through my program.

After trying to update, or login to PSN, he'll show something like "Sent message" or whatever.

after you are done, just send the file data.dmp (Which is on the same directory of the file) to my email, which is on the program :)

does that explain?