• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Demon's Souls

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've put in about 8 hours so far into this game and it's really fun. It's also quite challenging since you are going to die often and then be transported back to a checkpoint of sorts 5-10 minutes away from where you died with every enemy back where they were.

There's not much that I can say about the game that this video review doesn't say or detail better.

[gt]57297[/gt]

If you're an RPG fan and are up for a bit of a challenge, then this unforgiving but extremely rewarding title should be right up your alley.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I've heard tons about this game, and I'm buying it in a few weeks... Glad to know I'm not the only one with my eye on it ;)

Adiuvo

Awesome Abe, thanks for pointing this game out. The online aspect looks absolutely amazing. I'm definitely picking this up when I get the cash.

Riorio99

I think I'm gonna pick this up when it lands in europe, everyone keeps saying good things about it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
God, I want to buy this game but I don't think I'll be able to sink the necessary time into it.

Yeah, this isn't the type of game where you can pick it up for 30 minutes and expect to accomplish anything. Unless you want to grind for souls, key item drops, or items to upgrade your weapons with.

Edit - Also, I would recommend picking up the Deluxe version of this as it comes with a 150 guide. You don't need it for a walkthrough, but the other information about items and where to get them is invaluable.

Seth

MD Party Room
So I played a good amount of time into this game today and it safe to say I died a good 15 times before I gave up for the day ... My god the levels on this game are crazy! I still dont have any trophy's for this game. So have you beat the game yet abe?

Joey

I saw a video of this. If the gameplay looked better, I'd probably be interested, but honestly, I can get the part I'm interested in (the RPG elements) in a better gameplay experience.

Still, it's funny watching people fail at this game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Due to lack of free time, I've had to table this game for a while. I'll be going back soon. I'm probably about 30% done on my first playthrough.

Seth

MD Party Room
Just got done with the first boss man that thing was crazy...

Whisper

Logic :(
I am around level 43 now and man is this game addicting. It is one of the most rewarding experiences I ever had playing a video game. Each enemy defeated (no matter how insignificant) or trap avoided is exceptionally satisfying :D

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Sony: Passing On Demon's Souls - Demon's souls - Kotaku

Sony Computer Entertainment published From Software's brilliant Demon's Souls in its native Japan, but when it came time to take it westward, it was up to publisher Atlus to step forward and localize the PS3 game. "That was a mistake."

So says Sony Computer Entertainment VP of international software Yeonkyung Kim, according to 1UP's account of his GDC appearance. "It should have come out as a first-party title," Kim said. Sony expected initial shipments of 15,000, but the game has since gone on to see impressive sales in the U.S.

Sony Computer Entertainment America may take comfort in the fact that it wasn't the only publisher to take a pass on Demon's Souls, but chances are looking good that, if Demon's Souls II comes to be, it will have publishers lining up to grab distribution duties.

Frankly, though, here's one vote for Atlus bringing us the sequel and strongly supporting that one too.

I've stopped leveling up at SL 155. I wish more of you guys played this, the online component is very fun.

El Diablo

I got this game for christmas and tried so hard to play it and get into it and like it because I really really wanted to but I just couldn't and ended up selling it. I wanted to like it and play it so bad but idk...I just couldn't.

Whisper

Logic :(
I got this game for christmas and tried so hard to play it and get into it and like it because I really really wanted to but I just couldn't and ended up selling it. I wanted to like it and play it so bad but idk...I just couldn't.

If you can find friends to play with from the start it helps pull you in. I am around level 120 now and finishing up NG++

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah I'm in NG++ as well. I'm trying to do a perfect playthrough and hit all WT events in one game. Currently stuck on Black Phantom Rydell. He one hits me, and I'll probably have to either hit and run him or go I to hyper mode to kill him.

Slasher

Suck It
I got this game a few days ago for my birthday

I haven't really put a whole lot of time into it so far, but I really like how the online is integrated into the experience like with the blood trails, and the messages that people can leave behind. I thought that was really cool

Is there like an actual multiplayer component to it where people can play together? The game didn't really explain anything like that and I couldn't find any sort of multiplayer option

Seth

MD Party Room
Nope single player only

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Nope single player only

Wrong.

There are two types of MP you can use. When you are in spirit form, you can put down a black stone to invade other people's worlds who are +-15 levels of yours in human form.

Or, you can put down a blue stone and be summoned into other peoples worlds to help them either complete a level or fight off an invading black phantom.

You will often see one player in human form summon two blue phantoms to help complete a harder level, like say 1-4.

Seth

MD Party Room
Wrong.

There are two types of MP you can use. When you are in spirit form, you can put down a black stone to invade other people's worlds who are +-15 levels of yours in human form.

Or, you can put down a blue stone and be summoned into other peoples worlds to help them either complete a level or fight off an invading black phantom.

You will often see one player in human form summon two blue phantoms to help complete a harder level, like say 1-4.

I dident come across any of that when I was playing the game for the short time I had it.