• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Demon's Souls

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
ive been thinking about picking this game up for a while now. the only thing holding me back is that i dont have much time to put into it, which seems like it defeats the purpose of getting it since it doesnt seem like a game you can play in small doses. maybe if ive got some time in the near future ill pick it up :D

Bran

Yell
I think you can easily play it in small doses cause it auto saves constantly, so you can always pick up where you left off.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
oh, i thought it i read elsewhere that it didnt save unless you finished a whole area (level?). anyway if it does save regularly then i dont think it would be a problem :D

if i get some free time im going to rent it and give it a try before i buy it. i really hate buying games and never playing them, no matter how cheap they are xD

Bran

Yell
The auto save is something people actually exploit to make the game easier.

Any time they die they just turn the system off before it saves that they have died. The last auto save is usually 30 seconds before you died, so you pretty much start off right where you last left it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
So I just got this game and it made me log into PSN for the first time in 15 months.
I only played about an hour or so and I got hooked but I had to go somewhere. I probably died 5 times in the first hour, really went in trying to fight my way through but soon realized you have to take things slow.

Once I started doing that, plus with the fact that dying actually helped me(Know where enemies are, what to use, etc), I started to get some slaying done.

How difficult is it to co op with someone? My friend wants to pick this game up and I'll like to co op with him.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It's pretty average if the person you're doing it with knows the layout. Like I know every level and enemy placement like the back of my hand. If you're both new it'll be fun, but you run the risk of getting invaded and being throttled by experienced players, which are pretty much all that's left at this point.

I suggest grabbing any blue phantoms that you can while playing in body form for protection.

Robby

Los Doyers!
So after a couple of hours of fighting and dying and getting frustrated and happy at the same time, I barely made it to the second boss battle I guess. Where you open the gate in the first world and fight that blob surrounded by mini blobs with long spears. Anyways, I'm just getting my ass kicked in this part.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Fire works well on that guy. Once you beat him and get your body back you'll be in the Nexus and can pick and choose where to go next.

I'd highly recommend keeping your equipment weight under 50% of your total carry burden so you can move and roll at max speed. Armor is overrated and with most starting classes, unequiping the body portion of armor will let you move fast. You'll find nice lightweight armor in 3-1, but I don't recommend going there anytime soon.