• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Devhook 0.52 Install Guide with 3.11

Johnny

Uhh...Ive followed the steps, but in devhook there isnt a caption named "flash rom", and also there isnt "install devhook to flash0". There is just flash install ( i think thats right ;)) and install kd/resource to flash0...

What should i do...? By the way im using FW 2.71 SE B''

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
oh right i got it, anyway, why cant you go to home from emulation? it just hangs

Need to put the 1.5 reboot.bin in your "ms0:/dh/kd" folder. You can get it the same way you dumped 3.01, but just use the DATA.PSAR from the 1.5 EBOOT instead.

@Johnny: Yeah, its flash install. Just pick the option "install configfile to flash1" :)

Johnny

Okay, thanks. Works now. Is there any good feature you can use without ps3 and camera, except of the visual player?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Okay, thanks. Works now. Is there any good feature you can use without ps3 and camera, except of the visual player?

not really :( Sony kinda screwed us with making the PS1 downloads require a PS3. Though I heard there will be another update sometime in January that will let us download the PS1 games directly to the PSP.

mava1965

Grettings to everyone,
I thank you for this great tutorial, but I have a problem. When I dumped the PSAR file it came back with a message that says " The game could not be started (8002014C)". I believe I follow the steps accordingly, but who knows I may be doing something wrong.
Please anyone.

Advise!!

Thanks again

micmic

plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the devhook menu i dont have the "FLASH ROM"
what shuld i do???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

NYShotgun05

Problem

I have devhook 0.51, and when I do step 8, the psp start up screen appears, but it shuts off and says "Game cannot be started"

I have the modchip that have 2.71/1.50, and I have gotten devhook .46 to work easily, but this is different now.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have devhook 0.51, and when I do step 8, the psp start up screen appears, but it shuts off and says "Game cannot be started"

I have the modchip that have 2.71/1.50, and I have gotten devhook .46 to work easily, but this is different now.

first thing I'd try is starting without a UMD in the drive. If not, maybe flash1 doesn't like to be installed on the UP chip.. you running devhook from the firmware that is on the UP nand or PSP one?

NYShotgun05

Yea

first thing I'd try is starting without a UMD in the drive. If not, maybe flash1 doesn't like to be installed on the UP chip.. you running devhook from the firmware that is on the UP nand or PSP one?

Ive took the UMD out n it still doesnt load.

Im using the UP nand i think, or the psp.....idk, i didnt put the modchip in, ive hired someone else. But I dont know anyhting about this psp besides dh .46 worked perfectly on it. Can I use HenD on my psp?

(P.S. Do you know how to put dual firmwares on the modchip)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ive took the UMD out n it still doesnt load.

Im using the UP nand i think, or the psp.....idk, i didnt put the modchip in, ive hired someone else. But I dont know anyhting about this psp besides dh .46 worked perfectly on it. Can I use HenD on my psp?

(P.S. Do you know how to put dual firmwares on the modchip)

Don't have a UP here :(

Anyway try this.. use the remove flash1 option in devhook since you already installed it to flash. Then copy the files in this zip to the "301\f1" folder on your memory stick.

http://www.exophase.com/files/psp/f1.zip

Now try starting dh.

Darocka

I have 3.01 FW and I have done everything up until the point where I run the PSAR Dumper, after I run it, it won't start "(8002014C)" I'd appreciate it if I could get some help. Thanks...

NEVERMIND, I've just realized what DevHook is...my bad...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
will this work on frimware 2.71 se-b
because i really want to buy metal gear PO also what frimware dose that game need

Yes it works on SE-B. Metal Gear requires 2.81+

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nope, sill days game could not be started. (800200D9)

Can MGS Portable ops works for dh.46?

Nope, I asked a few people who have a UP and they have the same problem. You need to boot from the original PSP nand (hold L during boot) and then if its 2.71 run Hen D and the dh launcher port for it which I have attached in this post.

NYShotgun05

Nope, I asked a few people who have a UP and they have the same problem. You need to boot from the original PSP nand (hold L during boot) and then if its 2.71 run Hen D and the dh launcher port for it which I have attached in this post.

My screen goes all blue n then shuts off, then turn on again, and now DH .51 works =]

Problem tho, It keeps saying Cant load/start devhook...wth..

NYShotgun05

My screen goes all blue n then shuts off, then turn on again, and now DH .51 works =]

Problem tho, It keeps saying Cant load/start devhook...wth..

Another problem....using hen-d now crashes my psp, and dh doesnt work anymore...................................i give up.....

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Another problem....using hen-d now crashes my psp, and dh doesnt work anymore...................................i give up.....

Seems dh 0.51 doesn't like the UP :|

Well.. what I would suggest is to downgrade your 2.71 (which is on the PSP nand) to 1.5, then give it a try on that.

infinitekaos

Great job on the tutorial, scared be when it froze writing the flash file, but ijust hit O after it sat for about 10 minutes and it went to the menu, all went well.

only problem im having, and sorry, but i didnt see it in this thread, only as a question with no answer:

once in 3.01 menu, i try to use "return to 1.5" and it acts like its going to, and the psp just turns off.

i had to make a "kd" folder inside the "dh" folder in the root of my memory stick, and put the 1.5 reboot.bin in it.

are there other files i have to put in as well to have it return to 1.5 from 3.1?

thanks again for the easy to follow tutorial with all proper links :)