• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Devhook 0.52 Install Guide with 3.11

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Great job on the tutorial, scared be when it froze writing the flash file, but ijust hit O after it sat for about 10 minutes and it went to the menu, all went well.

only problem im having, and sorry, but i didnt see it in this thread, only as a question with no answer:

once in 3.01 menu, i try to use "return to 1.5" and it acts like its going to, and the psp just turns off.

i had to make a "kd" folder inside the "dh" folder in the root of my memory stick, and put the 1.5 reboot.bin in it.

are there other files i have to put in as well to have it return to 1.5 from 3.1?

thanks again for the easy to follow tutorial with all proper links :)

ah yeah, he changed the folder paths from .50. The 1.5 reboot.bin should go in the ms0:/dh/05/kd folder.

still with 2.71SE it seems you don't need the 1.5 reboot.bin at all (unlike previous versions), so if it still doesn't work it could be a 1.5 bug..

logo

ah yeah, he changed the folder paths from .50. The 1.5 reboot.bin should go in the ms0:/dh/05/kd folder.

still with 2.71SE it seems you don't need the 1.5 reboot.bin at all (unlike previous versions), so if it still doesn't work it could be a 1.5 bug..
I have 3.02 FW and I have done everything up until the point where I run the PSAR Dumper, after I run it, it won't start "(8002014C)" I'd appreciate it if I could get some help. Thanks...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have 3.02 FW and I have done everything up until the point where I run the PSAR Dumper, after I run it, it won't start "(8002014C)" I'd appreciate it if I could get some help. Thanks...

Devhook only runs on firmwares 1.5 - 2.71 .. you are out of luck, sorry..

zeromaster

problems

hey i did all the steps and when i load devhook as 3.01, it says it's rebooting and then a black screen for like 10 seconds and then my psp turns off, when i turn it back on it boots fw 1.50, here are my psp specs:

non-Ta-082 mb
1.50 firmware
recently had devhook v4.6 - windows to psp installed version

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hey i did all the steps and when i load devhook as 3.01, it says it's rebooting and then a black screen for like 10 seconds and then my psp turns off, when i turn it back on it boots fw 1.50, here are my psp specs:

non-Ta-082 mb
1.50 firmware
recently had devhook v4.6 - windows to psp installed version

It seems like the reboot.bin is not present, do you have a reboot.bin in the F0 folder?

rombomb999

It seems like the reboot.bin is not present, do you have a reboot.bin in the F0 folder?

im having the same problem and yes the reboot.bin is there but it says its restating but then it gos black then shuts off

naay help would be much appreated

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The reboot.bin is automatically dumped if you did the PSAR Dumper part correctly..

Reason for just a black screen is one of two things - no reboot.bin, or you did not transfer over the dh folder from the devhook zip.

zeromaster: It would be in the one in the 301 dir

Mako

Ok, I am a noob. I need 2 things explained real fast.

I followed the instructions and when i go to Start Devhook it shuts down the psp. Is this suppose to happen?

Secondly how or where do i put the ISO files or is there another process in running the iso files?

Thanks to all

NYShotgun05

no...

The reboot.bin is automatically dumped if you did the PSAR Dumper part correctly..

Reason for just a black screen is one of two things - no reboot.bin, or you did not transfer over the dh folder from the devhook zip.

zeromaster: It would be in the one in the 301 dir

well i got the 1.5 update n put it in my psp, but it stays on the psp screen...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok, I am a noob. I need 2 things explained real fast.

I followed the instructions and when i go to Start Devhook it shuts down the psp. Is this suppose to happen?

Secondly how or where do i put the ISO files or is there another process in running the iso files?

Thanks to all

No, thats not supposed to happen. You did something wrong, and those files go in the ISO folder on your memory stick.

Abaddon

New doing this, need help plz

I've never used devhook, i have 1.5 FW and im following the instructions step-by-step, I dont see where or how to start devhook, also, whats a "flash install" sorry for all these noobie questions

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've never used devhook, i have 1.5 FW and im following the instructions step-by-step, I dont see where or how to start devhook, also, whats a "flash install" sorry for all these noobie questions

Devhook should appear in your GAME folder, you can start it from there.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Where is this folder? I dont see it in any of the folders. Is it suppose to be in the game folder?

no, create it:

msdrive:/ISO

Mako

Thx for the response.

I created the ISO directory now the devhook menu has UMD Emulation. However, and man i feel stupid for asking so many questions, how do I launch it?

I am use to the old school UMD Emulator from way back before all this devhook stuff started.

Thanks for the help and the patience you are having with me.

Mako

Never mind. I didn't realize I didn't have a UMD in the drive.

However the game I tried crashed. It was crossword challenge or something like that.

It froze at the PSP screen.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Never mind. I didn't realize I didn't have a UMD in the drive.

However the game I tried crashed. It was crossword challenge or something like that.

It froze at the PSP screen.

ahh, could be a bad dump. Devhook is very picky when it comes to rebuilt isos, untouched works best.