• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dragon Age: Origins - PS3 or PC?

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
That's odd.

I wanted to get this on the 360 to have the Blood Dragon armor for Mass Effect 2. Right when I got was going to go back to this, I got pulled into a Gears 2 match with Sinfulfate and hippie after like a three month hiatus.

Correction I've heard the battle system is easier on consoles. ( not just ps3) they say if you play mmorpgs you'll feel at home with the battles. I don't, so that might explain my fustration. I've also heard it compared to ff12. And I hate ff12

twelve

I'm not dead
I also forgot to mention that there are combat tactics that you can assign for everyone in your party.

It's basically preset options you create for battle scenarios. For example, if "X" character gets to < or = 25% health, use small healing potion. Or if "X" character gets to < or = to 75% of health, trigger "this" battle move, etc.

I haven't really messed around with this aspect though.

But it's well worth trying out for $20 because I can tell it will kill a lot of hours.
That sounds a lot like the Gambit system from Final Fantasy 12. Which was so incredibly deep that once you had it setup right you just walked up to enemies and let the battles play themselves out.
Correction I've heard the battle system is easier on consoles. ( not just ps3) they say if you play mmorpgs you'll feel at home with the battles. I don't, so that might explain my fustration. I've also heard it compared to ff12. And I hate ff12
MMO and Final Fantasy 12 comparisons. I think this may end up being my favourite game ever released.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
That sounds a lot like the Gambit system from Final Fantasy 12. Which was so incredibly deep that once you had it setup right you just walked up to enemies and let the battles play themselves out.

MMO and Final Fantasy 12 comparisons. I think this may end up being my favourite game ever released.

I trying to get used to it. Cause I really want to finish this.

nicodemus82

**The Welsh Guy**
I've got the PS3 version and I'm loving it so far.. I'm really finding it hard to put down. the story, characters, world etc are all top notch and really suck u into the world they've created. I will say that when I first booted this game up I was a bit disappointed with the graphics.. they are a little outdated compared with other games out there. but the game is huge and there is sooo much stuff to do and see that u don't really notice about the graphics been outdated at all. it's just a really well written fantasy roleplaying game and easily one of my fave games this year. considering how rare RPG's are on the PS3 this is a great addition in my eyes.

I haven't experienced any bad framerate issues like some people have mentioned although I have had a little here and there but certainly nothing that spoils the game.
my mate has it on the 360 and that version is slightly worse than the PS3 version.. PS3 version has slightly better graphics and the load times are a lot less. PC version is the best version obviously.. overall if ur a fan of fantasy and RPG's u won't be disappointed at all..

How so? I know you control multiple characters in DA: Origins but there still both open world fantasy single player rpgs. What I care about tho is the combat because I hated the combat in Oblivion.

DA:O is not open world.