• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dump UMD directly to computer

Acerthief

version 3.2 official? or custom firmware

you need to have custuom firmware on your psp in order to use this program, or unsigned codes.

Digitalgame

Does this works with Vista? I am triyng it with Vista and is taking a lot to dump it

It works. But I don't know where to put the files, by the way I uses Chilli's tut,worked great!

Darkchild

The Doctor
Digitalgame, I hope this is the last time I merge your double/triple posts! When you forget to say something edit the post! or wait untill someone else post's something!

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Stickie'd. 'Zat cool with everyone?

Roe

Sorry guys I'm back now :biggrin:

@x3 I'll upload my files for my guides to the server from now on. Thanks for doing it for me

SauceyWombat

Firstly download usbsss1.0 from HERE

1. Extract the contents of the folder with winrar on you harddrive

2. Copy %__SCE__USBSSS and __SCE__USBSSS to ms0:/PSP/GAME150 if using a custom firmware and ms0:/PSP/GAME if using fw 1.50

3. Open up the application from the xmb

4. Select Virtual FAT16 . UMD ISO-9000

5. Copy and paste UMD9660 to your harddrive

6. You have just dumped you UMD to your computer

I'm a total newbie at all of this since I've only had custom firmware 3.52 M33-4 since yesterday (very first CF too). I'm also very unskilled with computers, so please forgive my idiotic questions.

For step #1 can I save the file to my desktop & extract it from there? I don't think I'll ever find it again if it's not on my desktop.

Step #2 When you say to "copy" the files...do you mean to "drag 'n drop" them into the PSP's appropriate file/s? Am I supposed to have the PSP turned on, hooked up to the PC via USB & in USB mode? If not then would you please explain in more detail how I'm supposed to do this.

Step #3 Once I've succeeded with steps 1 & 2 I'll know how to do this I think.

Step #4 I guess I'll understand this once I've gotten past 1-3

Step #5 where on my hard drive am I supposed to paste this? Sorry. Yes, I'm THAT unfamiliar with all of this ^.^

Step #6 Well...now what do I do? :laugh:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
SauceyWombat: This guide is somewhat outdated for those on 3.52 M33-4 or 3.71 M33.

To dump a UMD to the memory stick on 3.52 M33-4, simply press HOME while in the PSP main menu screen and toggle USB Device to UMD Disc.

Then go to USB connection and your ISO file should appear in the file browser. Once you've copied the ISO file to your hard drive, toggle the USB Device setting back to Memory Stick.

SauceyWombat

Oh, gotcha :)

I followed your directions & my UMD game's ISO is waiting to be saved to my computer...I just don't understand where exactly I should save it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Oh, gotcha :)

I followed your directions & my UMD game's ISO is waiting to be saved to my computer...I just don't understand where exactly I should save it.

You can copy it to the Desktop, doesn't matter where you save it.

Once its saved on the computer, move the file to the ISO folder on your memory stick. If you don't have an ISO folder on the memory stick then create it. It should be created alongside the PSP folder.

Geraar

SauceyWombat: This guide is somewhat outdated for those on 3.52 M33-4 or 3.71 M33.

To dump a UMD to the memory stick on 3.52 M33-4, simply press HOME while in the PSP main menu screen and toggle USB Device to UMD Disc.

Then go to USB connection and your ISO file should appear in the file browser. Once you've copied the ISO file to your hard drive, toggle the USB Device setting back to Memory Stick.

they make things easier every time :biggrin:

i wonder wether this couldn't be added to the first post, since a lot of people dont read discussions to the end

I'm happy i did on this one though!

Roe

Yes SauceyWombats guide is much easier as things have changed since I wrote this guide. BTW very easy to understand guide Saucey +rep

djdpe

ok I tried this and when i go to my psp to open the file it says the game cannot be started. The file is corrupted. What should i do?