• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Epic Games Store Will Get Achievements...

U2NUMB

If anyone is paying attention Epic is going right after Steam and grabbing a ton of games while offering amazing profits to devs.

So they have their own launcher and are opening it up to third party... That got me wondering if it will have achievements and that lead me to a Newsweek article from this week and to quote them..

"Smaller details for the Epic Games Store include an Achievements system, which is currently in development, but will not be available at launch. "

Link to article..
https://www.newsweek.com/steam-competition-fortnite-developer-epic-games-store-1243512

So just info.. lets keep an eye on it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nice :) I will keep an eye on it.

zimzimbre

^ That is what I hate the most in PC gaming. Only thing which I regret moving from PS4 to PC for achievements/trophies is multiplatform. Thankfully we have this website to get everything in one place !

Still nothing though on EpicGames. I bought Division 2 on Uplay just for that, hopefully they add that before Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and Detroit release.

M

midnight_sun8888

Aren't these the achievements from Fez?

Also, about frickin' time! I can't wait to play all the games I have amassed from the free-game-offers from them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sachifus

Also, about frickin' time! I can't wait to play all the games I have amassed from the free-game-offers from them!
I never played these free games because there wasn't any achievement system 😂 I'll give it a try when it's live!

U2NUMB

Keep in mind I doubt Epic will require devs to go back and add achievements to games. If you remember how Stadia did it they announced achievements would come later than launch BUT they said games already have the systems in place and are unlocking achievements behind the scenes. I do not think Epic did that.. so some games you have may add achievements but I doubt it will be required.