• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

FIFA World Cup 2010

Hardrive

Contributor
Wow Netherlands, just wow.

I was rooting for them, but I didn't expect them to win. Brazil fell apart, they lost their cool in the second half.

What a shocking finish.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Wow Netherlands, just wow.

I was rooting for them, but I didn't expect them to win. Brazil fell apart, they lost their cool in the second half.

What a shocking finish.

I was rooting for them aswell and I knew they could do it.

Sneijder, Robben, Van Persie, Sketelemburg and company are on their way to becoming World Champs :D

Hardrive

Contributor
I was rooting for them aswell and I knew they could do it.

Sneijder, Robben, Van Persie, Sketelemburg and company are on their way to becoming World Champs :D

The free kick awarded to Robben before the Netherlands' first goal was questionable though, he really just jumped onto the ground. Still a great goal though, even if it was awarded to Brazil as an own goal.

Riorio99

Bit of a surprise there, but you never know what might happen when two big teams like that meet in such a big game.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
and my other bet for today is right so far.

Great Ghana goal by Muntari :O

ilyace

What an embarrassment for Ghana, for both the PK in the 30 min. extended time and the PKs after that.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Ghana played a hard-fought game and almost managed to beat a solid Uruguay team. Too bad they had to go, it would have been refreshing to see an African team do well...

I guess I'll root for Holland now.

Spiros

Maiki
Wow, incredible end to the Ghana-Uruguay match, probably the most exciting end to a match I've seen in awhile, would've been nice to see the last African side go through to the next round, but I think Uruguay are the better team to beat Holland, so I'm glad they're going through, too bad Suarez will miss that match.

I'll be supporting Argentina and Uruguay from now on.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
and Argentina got their asses handed to them good. Good, they were there for too long.

elite

Oldie moldie
Argentinians deserve it. I am routing for Spain to beat up Germany, "The Mercenary Team". No player in that team is genuinely from Germany.

blirt

i want spain to win the worldcup. Argentina desverved to be beat by Germany. I expected Germany to win. Argentina was acting to cocky when i see them. Their acting like their unstopable because they have Lionel Messi and stuff like that...

mootjeuh

I'm looking forward to a Netherlands VS Germany match, that would be awesome. If they win now against Paraguay that is.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
and they did... I never doubted that for a second.

Moose

Meta Moose
Spain have won the World Cup 2010. Scored in the last 15 minutes of extra time. There was a load of fouling in the game, probably because both teams were obviously very desperate to win the cup.

Hardrive

Contributor
Terrible, terrible, terrible game. I will first say that I was rooting for the Netherlands.

However, no matter what side you were rooting for, you have to acknowledge that the ref ruined the game. With all the free kicks and cards, he significantly changed the game. I mean, how many cards did he give? 12? 13?

What if you did not follow soccer but tuned in to the final to try to see what should have been the best soccer in the world? You would have seen a bunch of pussy foot fairies and a controlling ref. You'd be turned off to the game forever. Hell, I was bored watching the game.

tl;dr: I want the game to be replayed with a different ref.

[/rant]

Dan

Contributor
What do you call an Englishman in the World Cup final?

The ref.

I thought it was appropriate. Terrible game though.

Moose

Meta Moose
However, no matter what side you were rooting for, you have to acknowledge that the ref ruined the game. With all the free kicks and cards, he significantly changed the game. I mean, how many cards did he give? 12? 13?

I think a lot of the decisions the Ref made were justified, there is no way he could have let certain things slide while other actions were punished for. I'd say that he was fair to both teams.