• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Firmware 5.03 Says Hello World, TIFF Based Exploit Released

jkmit

<p>SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!</p>
<p>I FUCKIN BRICKED MY FUCKING PSP FUCKING 3000!!!!!!!</p>
<p>WTF DO I DO NOW!!!!!!! PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ HELP ME.....</p>
<p>I SO FUCKING SCARED. SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT.!!!!!!</p>

<p>mother fucker. there is probably no way to even attempt to unbrick psp. maybe wait til the year 2075 when they come out with like pandora for 3000 or something. i am fucking pissed off. can someone help me???? plz???</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How did you manage to brick it? Unfortunately there is no way to restore the firmware on a 3000 and likely won't be for the foreseeable future, since Sony locked out Pandora.

jkmit

<p>lol, because it says clearly, WILL BRICK 3000.</p>
<p>well, i guess it doesnt really matter, i mean, i still have my mp3 player. damn. $230 down the drain.
shit, no warranty.</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
<p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://pspslimhacks.com/easy-chickhen-custom-firmware-installer-without-pandora/">[pspslimhacks.com]</a></p>
<p>lol, because it says clearly, WILL BRICK 3000.</p>
<p>well, i guess it doesnt really matter, i mean, i still have my mp3 player. damn. $230 down the drain.
shit, no warranty.</p>

So you tried to install custom firmware?

jkmit

<p>lol, ya. it didnt sy it woud brick it up, it said potential risk.</p>
<p>any ideas wat i could do wit it now?</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Try sending it to Sony and see if they'll fix it? Since the warranty is up, they'll probably charge you, but it's worth a shot.

january39

eXo Staff
But tell them you tried to update to 5.50 and the power ran out or something - Always produces a brick even on 1000, 2000 psps. Might be able to blag it for free.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Call up their customer service and tell them your PSP is bricked. Obviously don't admit you tried installing custom firmware but just say it wouldn't turn on after an update. That's what he meant by blagging it. Then, they'll let you know what to do from there.